Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jacobhinds said:
I think what he means is that warband's core mechanic is fighting.

spartanlemur said:
Obviously you would not be playing merchant style ...I don't know anyone who plays them

not what I got from that, that is the reason of my comment about it being a sandbox.

Even if many elements... well most of them... are poor developed. One of the things they seem to be improving with Bannerlord (besides having a bigger team this time)

Just look at the most popular mods and OSP packs. They tend to improve certain aspects of the game with extra depth (Floris, Diplomacy, Freelancer, Formations, ...).

jacobhinds said:
I think what he means is that warband's core mechanic is fighting. The mercantile and political parts of the game only exist to give the player more military/money accumulation options and are really poorly fleshed out on their own, at least in the base game.

Say you become a hugely powerful merchant who owns every enterprise, there is nothing in the game to spend that money on besides weapons and soldiers.

IMHO, it will pretty much remain the same for Bannerlord, no matter how well polished the political and trade systems will be. I don't see how any future BL player will make a playthrough as a predominantly mercantile or political character.

For the merchant play to be worthwhile they would need to add at ton more building trees to construct, expand diplomacy/bribery and, most importantly, make money a lot harder to accumulate through warfare than before.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Office tour of Taleworlds
https://www.facebook.com/merlininkazanitr/videos/10157882529258125/
Very interesting things are shown. you dont have to understand everything :grin:

According to video . Walls are 3 stage. first stage is wood. second is wood+stone . third is stone. You upgrade the walls and they become better and bigger.
They expect the game to be released in Q1 or Q2 of 2017(The commenter guy says it not devs)

1NpNop.png
6mDr87.png
1NpNbA.png

What do you mean commenter guy? Are they talking about the full release or the beta? :O

creuzet said:
I don't see how any future BL player will make a playthrough as a predominantly mercantile or political character.

Mamlaz said:
For the merchant play to be worthwhile

you seem to forgot a few things:
1) you can play multiple campaigns and characters. They don't need to be equal at all
2) you don't need to balance a merchant around a warrior king

if a player wants to play as a small trader/merchant, having only a token force for protection, mostly mercenaries, and travel around the world playing board games in taverns... why not? It is like that in Warband, minus the boarding games  :razz: . In this the player will never be a lord or fight huge battles, so money from looting is not important (and no need to balance it around trading)

over time players create their own goals and challenges. Paint the map (conquer everything) is just 1 way to play.

I personally don't play a merchant. Its not for me. But I enjoy playing the bandit type. In VC its a very fun mode. You create your own little town (refuge), you travel around the world on your boat raiding places, ... its not my only character, but it is a fun one to play.

and don't forget that mods will enhance aspects of the game over time. We will get one for merchant players, one for board games, one for kings and diplomacy, one for tournament heroes, etc... even if the base game lacks depth on any or all of those

3THO said:

According to video . Walls are 3 stage. first stage is wood. second is wood+stone . third is stone. You upgrade the walls and they become better and bigger.
They expect the game to be released in Q1 or Q2 of 2017(The commenter guy says it not devs)

What do you mean commenter guy? Are they talking about the full release or the beta? :O

'Commenter guy' is a member of the press, not Taleworlds, and his 'expectation' should be interpreted as no more than a guess (Captain Lust said at E3 that the full release is scheduled for 2017). They are almost certainly talking about full release since they would specify if it were otherwise.

DanAngleland said:
3THO said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Very interesting things are shown. you dont have to understand everything :grin:

1NpNop.png
6mDr87.png
1NpNbA.png

'Commenter guy' is a member of the press, not Taleworlds, and his 'expectation' should be interpreted as no more than a guess (Captain Lust said at E3 that the full release is scheduled for 2017). They are almost certainly talking about full release since they would specify if it were otherwise.

Copy that captain

3THO said:
DanAngleland said:
3THO said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:

1NpNop.png
6mDr87.png
1NpNbA.png

Copy that captain

I can't hear you!

Hello and welcome to my fan-blog #1 "Turkish video that others can't understand"(Aren't I creative?):

Here I will be going over what was shown in the Office tour video and get the important parts to you. Mostly screenshots but I tried to get everything I can. I literally went frame by frame to get the best quality screens.
Some papers on the walls were very blurry because of the video. So some of the blurry parts are out of the video otherwise that would be very redundant.

Welcome to our office İkisoft! Taleworlds!
qSOh95s.png

Now we enter the meeting room. Where Taleworlds staff meet to brainstorm etc You can see a shield and a helmet on the wall and on the shelf
EpEE1VA.png

ywX7Eo0.png

Now we are on the motion capture room. We see wooden axe , wooden swords , shoes and a fitness ball(ball is for horse) that are used during the capture.We also see the composing machine for the sounds.
U8WH5BH.png

vNSvJBx.png

YAmoQWU.png

zFUFqCB.png

Pk3bX6C.png

Bannerlord on space DLC confirmed.(Yes I am joking.)
Laszjm1.png

Our game engine development room.
m0a5WbH.png

SinglePlayer campaign room.
VrtINlf.png

Whats Suh , suh Frank
2naskly.png

Some Concept Arts.(These are absolutely stunning.)
kitgjHt.png
afcnbvm.png
bi06E1G.png
SqTNfj0.png
PfQd5NO.png
1tc0dvp.png
1ADMb3I.png
2VtprrS.png
eVvtmfx.png
6q4P45v.png
OtEMSeL.png
olYWjMK.png
AC69Qi3.png
fyxWTT1.png
OJ2BZvR.png
4EJP8gT.png
VCWrwbN.png
1bZCAK3.png
ZLfLC7h.png

War , Action , Animation development room
NOjDsHv.png

Picture on the wall.
xsyLK3o.png

Here we come to the Art room.This is where the concept arts become assets in the game. Like horses , walls , castles anything you can think of first gets created as a concept art and given to the people to recreate them in the game editor as an asset to be added to the game.
ZbmM4tQ.png

One of the staff member's desk. ( These have nothing to with the game they sculpt these in their free time as a way to waste time .Aren't they talented?(I can not say the same thing for the guy who is holding the camera tho) )
TjeUG2e.png

Pokémon - Zombie DLCs confirmed. ( Yes , again I am joking. :sad:  )
8fFVjNj.png

Ingame assets and few concept arts.
hx3mQou.png

(They did not want to show this image.(it was accidentally shown as the lady didn't know what she was supposed to show) So take it as the things in the picture might not make it to the final version.)
hnQ71yv.png

U6QVOU4.png
wW5Fzs4.png
UMVuoFr.png
YDgyts2.png
8gpS0J1.png
TyJCKS2.png

We are coming to the end of our fan-blog. Hope it was informative and fun for non-Turkish players of Taleworlds community.
Enjoy your day.
Take care.
--------------------

I am just doing it so that people understand what's going on and have something to talk about.

kalarhan said:
spartanlemur said:
because M&B is a game about fighting Medieval battles.

M&B is a game where you do what you want. You may not like merchants, other people do. Some prefer to be bandits raiding caravans. Others to run around with huge armies taking castles. Its called a sandbox for a reason  :razz:

Taleworlds invest so much time into making battles fun.

If you don't want to fight, you're basically missing out on half of the game. It's like how Total War games are actually pretty awful if you just autoplay every battle: if you want pure diplomacy+grand strategy, Paradox are a better bet.

By all means do some trading if you need cash, but to forgo fighting entirely just seems somewhat boring. If TW expanded entrepreneurship and integrated some sort of social prestige system (perhaps like in the Guild 2), this would not be the case at all, and merchant games would be very enjoyable.

But this is not the case, and I don't expect them to do that in Bannerlord. Furthermore, the point still stands that multiplayer for games where you fight lots of battles is better than no multiplayer at all.

spartanlemur said:
the point still stands that multiplayer for games where you fight lots of battles is better than no multiplayer at all.

funny as I didnt post about MP once, so no idea where that quote comes from heeh. I also said I dont play a trader, only that is a popular playstyle.

lets see if this makes the point more clear to you: Warband and Bannerlord have multiple ways to be played. You dont need to like them all. Noone is saying combat is not fun. It is simple one of the game aspects.

now lets hope we can move on lol

I actually have a cool idea how trading could be expanded:

1. Obviusly expand upon it from Warband, make it posible to own busineeses in the town sort of Real time-ish. (Both legal and illegal businesses should i perhaps also say :wink: ) would actually be funny to have a business and see NPC "customers" come in and buy stuff (probably a bit hard to implement this though)

2. Make it posible to fund wars and kingdoms, give loans with interest. War is expensive and we all know the real power belongs to the one with the most money ^^ the money spent could also convert into favor point system i believe it's called. That Way you could use it to make lords or even kings do your bidding.

This would actually create the posibility to become the puppet Master of Calradia ^^

There really isn't much you can do in a 'pacifist' run in Warband.
This side of the game could be improved by adding a more patrician way of playing and rising to power without becoming a military elite, kind of like in The Guild series. This could also be improved by adding a more nuanced political and diplomatic system (instead of just besieging castle after castle) and delegating the military necessities to other nobles or to mercenary companies.

There is in truth many things one would need to make this kind of merchant-style playthrough as fulfilling as a military oriented one. If Bannerlord is as modder friendly as is supposed to be, I guess we'll see much of this in the coming years.

If the economy is functional enough as it is then there might be room for rivalries to develop. If you start out-competing a lord/king/kingdom in their preferred industry and squeezing their profits then you could lose relations. The might even start blocking your caravans (lets say there's a WFAS style system here) or imposing massive tariffs, so you have to engineer some regime-change (or a lord's downfall) to get your money flowing again.

Probably won't happen but it's nice to dream :smile:.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
We are coming to the end of our fan-blog. Hope it was informative and fun for non-Turkish players of Taleworlds community.
Enjoy your day.
Take care.
--------------------

I am just doing it so that people understand what's going on and have something to talk about.
Ki-Ok Khan, thanks :smile:

Yaga said:
Ki-Ok Khan, thanks :smile:
Hey ! You are absolutely welcome.Awesome to see some people liked what I did there !  :party:

My favorite concept art from the pics .
fyxWTT1.png
Just looks awesome

Is the top one from winter? I'd actually forgotten it'll have seasons. Hopefully that will also affect trading. Horde food/fuel, if you can pay the storage costs and extra transport costs when winter comes around you'll make a killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom