Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarbosaurus said:
Hey guys, I haven't checked the thread in the last month or so, has anything interesting happened? All I currently know is that they went to the Gamescon and I've seen the two videos they posted in the official page, is there anything else?
Nothing. Go back to sleep.

mcwiggum said:
I'd rather have a finished game with quality to it, than a rushed, unfinished game, lacking in quality and features.

a game (as any software) is never finished. You just need to stop adding stuff at some point and release it  :razz:

"Art is never finished, only abandoned." - Leonardo da Vinci

you mentioned quality. The more features they add, the longer it takes to polish it. They just need to figure out what is the core of the game and release that, later on DLC and expansions can add extra content (if it made enough cash)

or you can wait another 5 years, then discover the visuals of the game are now outdated, and start over ... waiting until the end of times  :mrgreen:

kalarhan said:
or you can wait another 5 years, then discover the visuals of the game are now outdated, and start over ... waiting until the end of times  :mrgreen:
The visuals are already a bit dated. The games have looked dated since the first. It's a series tradition at this point.

I doubt the game is taking this long to produce because of feature creep. (Note that feature creep isn't always bad. That's how we got The Elder Scrolls)  It took several years just to perfect the new engine.

What do you guys think about the character shape, they really better looking now than before (sometimes before they were looking cartoonish) more realistic than previous blogs and shows, just the colour of the flesh kind of too brown/green/yellow i don't know :meh:.

Armaury said:
What do you guys think about the character shape, they really better looking now than before (sometimes before they were looking cartoonish) more realistic than previous blogs and shows, just the colour of the flesh kind of too brown/green/yellow i don't know :meh:.
I think it still looks too cartoony. Some screenshots look pretty decent though. But everything we saw in the character creator at the PC Gamer thing looked cartoon.

The game is probably mostly finish. In my opinion they are shopping for a console publisher, they know they will get a better % deal if they release on multiple platforms at same time. And maybe even get a exclusive pre order or early release deal from Sony or Microsoft. Sorry to be the one to burst the bubble here but Taleworlds is about to put pc players second in favor of consoles, and release as a AAA title. Release date wont be announce until those deals are set on place hence the delay on a release date.

RoboSenshi said:
Now that you mention it, in those HI-Res pics of the siege, non of the characters have any of the facial expressions talked about in that "astounding  squirms" blog. This one shows it well:

mount-and-blade-ii-bannerlord-gamescom-3.png

I was under the impression they would use the facial expressions to at least liven up the combat. That same expression they have is kind of off putting.
http://www.pcinvasion.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/mount-and-blade-ii-bannerlord-gamescom-3.png
Buttermagic

9FWPfIO.jpg

alexdblade said:
The game is probably mostly finish. In my opinion they are shopping for a console publisher, they know they will get a better % deal if they release on multiple platforms at same time. And maybe even get a exclusive pre order or early release deal from Sony or Microsoft. Sorry to be the one to burst the bubble here but Taleworlds is about to put pc players second in favor of consoles, and release as a AAA title. Release date wont be announce until those deals are set on place hence the delay on a release date.
Hahahahaha. No.
They actually became independent a couple years ago, everyone was happy about it. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295883.0.html
They don't need a console publisher, because they just produced their own port of Warband to consoles, coming next week.
Sorry to be the one to burst the bubble here but Taleworlds is about to put pc players second in favor of consoles
Definitely not. Yavuz himself has said several times how grateful he is for M&B's awesome modding community, and has said Bannerlord will much easier for modders to create, something that has shown to be problematic for consoles. They haven't even said anything about Bannerlord coming to consoles.

alexdblade said:
Sorry to be the one to burst the bubble here

dummmmm dum dummm dum dum dummmmmmm

*crystal ball, crystal ball, tell me the future!*

I envy your magic powers. Did you went to hogwarts or the American School? Or maybe the one in France? I bet you got a O in Divination (or was it a T?)

Cpt. Nemo said:
alexdblade said:
Hahahahaha. No.
They actually became independent a couple years ago, everyone was happy about it. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295883.0.html
They don't need a console publisher, because they just produced their own port of Warband to consoles, coming next week.
Sorry to be the one to burst the bubble here but Taleworlds is about to put pc players second in favor of consoles
Definitely not. Yavuz himself has said several times how grateful he is for M&B's awesome modding community, and has said Bannerlord will much easier for modders to create, something that has shown to be problematic for consoles. They haven't even said anything about Bannerlord coming to consoles.

Consoles are different. While a game can be release on pc at anytime without anyone's approval, the same cant be said about consoles. I don't want to go into detail about the whole process since it will take more time than I'm willing to spend, but let me just say that the certification process alone is a nightmare for indie studios to navigate alone.

kalarhan said:
alexdblade said:
Sorry to be the one to burst the bubble here

dummmmm dum dummm dum dum dummmmmmm

*crystal ball, crystal ball, tell me the future!*

I envy your magic powers. Did you went to hogwarts or the American School? Or maybe the one in France? I bet you got a O in Divination (or was it a T?)

I'm willing to bet on my prediction I will cover up to $1000 bet on any app of your choosing, my favorite is "you bet me" app

My prediction timeframe

Within one year of Bannerlord release it will be publish by a 3rd party on a console or mobile platform. BTW I love the VC dlc. GJ on that.

If you agree on the bet send a pm and we can go over the details and make the deposit. FUN

alexdblade said:
Within one year of Bannerlord release it will be publish by a 3rd party on a console or mobile platform. BTW I love the VC dlc. GJ on that.

From "game is being held back because console" to "one year after PC release it will get a console port". Interesting way to contradict yourself  :iamamoron:

Console port is a high probability. Everyone knows that. Game UI is very console like. Devs even talked about it on interviews. Last word, IIRC, is that they are still considering it.

So ... again what?!?!  :shifty:

alexdblade said:
BTW I love the VC dlc. GJ on that.

VC is indeed cool, but I am not part of BW studios, so you should go post on VC forum if you want to congratz them.

jacobhinds said:
I agree, game development is often a race against technology and never truly "finished". The initial plans for a developer almost never resemble the released game, so the idea of a "finished game" is kind of meaningless, as are complaints about DLC "taking features out of the game".

So pessimistic. While it may be true that Pong was released with outdated graphics, I have faith that one day there will be a re-release with on-point modern graphics. It just means taking the time to do a bit of forward thinking.

kalarhan said:
alexdblade said:

From "game is being held back because console" to "one year after PC release it will get a console port". Interesting way to contradict yourself  :iamamoron:

Console port is a high probability. Everyone knows that. Game UI is very console like. Devs even talked about it on interviews. Last word, IIRC, is that they are still considering it.

So ... again what?!?!  :shifty:

alexdblade said:
BTW I love the VC dlc. GJ on that.

VC is indeed cool, but I am not part of BW studios, so you should go post on VC forum if you want to congratz them.

I said the release date is being hold up until a deal is on place with a publisher. I cant speak for the terms of that contract. The contract may require them to release same time as PC or earlier. Publisher could ask them to release pc first make sure console wont need excessive amount of patches since updating on consoles cost a lot of money (However this is not very likely unless their APR on their debt is very high. I don't know the financial situation of Taleworlds. I worked for a game publisher for more than 6 years and from my experience, I can said the release information is being hold back as leverage.

Meevar the Mighty said:
So pessimistic. While it may be true that Pong was released with outdated graphics, I have faith that one day there will be a re-release with on-point modern graphics. It just means taking the time to do a bit of forward thinking.

We'll get a tie-in alongside the inevitable movie adaptation.

@alexdblade, just watch the interview I (and another person) posted in the last few pages, Armagan spelled out their position on consoles. Doubt he's lying.

cherac said:
I have a few suggestions on the gameplay:

1. Lords should be easily identified or found on the battlefield or during sieges ( a big red dot on the minimap or a crown icon over their heads might solve this)

2. During sieges lords shouldn't charge in with everyone else , at the beginning of the assault they should be seen on their horse behind their men , and should only join after the siege equipment have breached the walls , this is more realistic and reduces the chance of the lord being killed by some unknown soldier , I know most of us would enjoy killing or knocking the lord unconscious ourselves . Because we can't have lords dying in every siege or intense fight , or leave it to computer calculations like in warband we must have control over this feature , or better still only players can kill lords npc's can only knock them unconscious  .
+1
Talking about identification, in the recent videos released, there is no identifying banner icon on the NPCs head. Are they being done away with?  :???:  Considering a similar scenario to warband, it would be frustrating to keep swinging your weapon in a huge melee hoping to strike enemies whose backs are towards us and finding out they are NPCs who are part of our army. The identifications are a great part, even on any location attacks or battles, feels great to find how many are allied forces and how many are from our own force.
Would be nice to have an option to enable or disable the NPC identification, there are some mods for warband which even allow us to display health bars for the NPCs.

msamm said:
Talking about identification, in the recent videos released, there is no identifying banner icon on the NPCs head.

Videos were trailers. Meant to showcase the cool fighting for non-Warband players (you know, the 99,999% of the rest of the world that are potential new consumers)  :smile:

kalarhan said:
Videos were trailers. Meant to showcase the cool fighting for non-Warband players (you know, the 99,999% of the rest of the world that are potential new consumers)  :smile:

Sure Kalarhan. But considering it was in-game footage, I was a wee bit rattled not to see the identifiers.  :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom