Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jacobhinds said:
Lust said in the video that they were using history as inspiration, so why not use historical methods of identification like coloured tunics and armbands etc? İt doesn't even have to look like a silly oversaturated RTS game, just a general colour that soldiers might follow.
+1

Here's an example - the pattern on the clothes.
Just not very well drawn...  :smile:

%D0%AD%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%20%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%B6%D0%B4%D1%8B.jpg

%D0%AD%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%20%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%B6%D0%B4%D1%8B1.jpg

If TW adds flags and other identification methods in Bannerlord, we will need a reasonable explanation as to why modern calradians(warband) have seemingly lost such a useful technology.

We will also need an explination as to why they gave up on Siege Weapons, Tactics and all that and why they started bringing 1 ladder to a siege to climp it all at once.

MrMundy said:
We will also need an explination as to why they gave up on Siege Weapons, Tactics and all that and why they started bringing 1 ladder to a siege to climp it all at once.
Well, that's not totally true. In several castle and town siege scenes in Warband you can see a trebuchet or something similar that was used to damage the ramparts.

Then we need an explination as to why they never actully fire it during battle, and why you get a trebuchet if you prepare ladders.

If the flags were more customisable it would be great. Be able to change what troops they're on (yours/enemys/both), opacity, colour/shape, size, and what distance/circumstances they show in. That last one being the most important.

MrMundy said:
Then we need an explination as to why they never actully fire it during battle, and why you get a trebuchet if you prepare ladders.
Presumably the game has limits Calradians don't want to spend the money and time necessary to rebuild walls, especially considering they'll have to defend the very same place next week.

MrMundy said:
They had a great library that contained all this information but one day a careless caretaker dropped his torch while he was working and the whole place went up in flames.  Either that or Calradians are extremely forgetful.

In Medieval II: Total War it was easy to play without great flags above the regiments because each faction had their own couple of colours. Maybe in Bannerlord it would be possible to distinguish the factions from the shield and a tunic each soldier could wear above their armors. In case of unarmored people the bandage would be a great possibility, but only for the unarmored.

MrMundy said:
MrMundy said:
Yeah well you see, because the fall of the empire of Calradia (probably) the kings of WB, very aware of the powers of their own, and knowing how hard was defending against such tactics, weapons, etc., they called the already named heretic, anti patriotism and not honorable.
And well, you know how dumb was medieval people
Yabloko said:
If TW adds flags and other identification methods in Bannerlord, we will need a reasonable explanation as to why modern calradians(warband) have seemingly lost such a useful technology.
As above, but different reasons

Edited, read again please

The AI will know friend from foe. If you're unsure, just wait until it attacks you or someone you know to be friendly.

Maybe if they're not dressed something like

3647455201_8472a48634.jpg

they're sending you a message that it's not really important whether they live or die anyway.

I highly dislike the idea of putting a nazi armband on my soldiers. Quit trying to put funky colours on them. This isnt age of empires blue pants against red pants.

What you guys are talking about sounds like a great idea for a Mod.

IMO the best way is  some standard bearers here and there, just a few, and most soldiers wearing at least something from the emblem of the faction. Either on the shield, tunic... The rest you should see that they are the enemy by contrasting equipment. if theres a big variety in the soldier's equipment in all factions it will be easy to  see whos friend or foe.

i CERTAINLY dont want those big immersive breaking circle banners on top of everyone.

Banners above units suck. I've always preferred the names above people's heads, as was the case in good ol' M&B. Other than that, I completely agree with the armbands and/or colours strat. They'll be less useful than names, but more immersive.

Dest45 said:
I highly dislike the idea of putting a nazi armband on my soldiers. Quit trying to put funky colours on them. This isnt age of empires blue pants against red pants.
The Nazis?..  :facepalm:
"Yellow Turban Rebellion" was in the history of China!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Turban_Rebellion

000242619_-_vosstabie_zheltih_povyazok_720x340.jpg

000242630_-_0_d5567_6e20ee_XL.jpg.jpg

The idea of a colored cloth really hype me.
In a history book I read long timr ago, there was a really small red bandage, wich indetified a political group.
We could use that in Bannerlord for the minor factions! Like, a blue, white, gold strap for a revolucianary part on the southern Empire!

Edit: The bandage in case is the "Divisa Punzó" used by federals in thr Argentinean Confederation . They were against Unitarians

I personally really like the idea of armbands and bandages, I would love to get rid of the obnoxious floating banner circles. This system could be expanded further perhaps, so that different colors would distinguish between what troops are in your party and which are your allies in a battle, or maybe even to distinguish individual subunits in your company.

I'd also love to see the trimmings of armors change based on faction or lord, using the same sort of code as the heraldic coat and shields in warband but restricted to smaller strips of the armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom