Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kraggrim said:
grishin. said:
I wonder what kind of footage they will show at Gamescom. What do you people want to see in August?

A feast and a raid on a village.

Both of those would be nice to see. Especially the village raid. I'm confident that the feasts will be a lot better too since they made taverns a lot more atmospheric.

I want to see the diplomatic options as ruler and an in-depth demonstration of haggling with merchants.

grishin. said:
I wonder what kind of footage they will show at Gamescom. What do you people want to see in August?

I feel like relations and diplomacy are two main features they've confirmed but not delved deeply into. They'd be prime candidates. Also any details on multiplayer and how/if it differs from what they had before. I wouldn't expect it at Gamescom, but I'm anxious to hear more about the modding tools.
I won't be holding my breath for a Beta announcement, but would be nice!

I specifically want to see more diplomancy in all 3 major stages of the game. Show a little of how you can use it as a non-nobleman. E.G. Diplomacy/Trade exchanges with major characters. Maybe a little bit of diplomacy by trying to convince a lord you've helped a lot to "recommend" you to their king. Diplomacy from a vassal's PoV with the player character being a lord with a few holds in their respective kingdom. Show some interactions between king, other lords, and maybe some lower end people as well. Would be interesting if the peasants treat you significantly differently when you become a noble citizen. Then as the king I want to see how you can actually MANAGE the kingdom and your vassals. In the original there were times in which you felt king in title alone, and even then it was rough.

I'd also like a pretty big Q and A with no holds barred, but that kind of stuff will not likely happen until much closer to release when they are polishing. It still is a bit early as mechanics could be scrapped or heavily revamped to fit better in the system/engine.

I hope if a non-lord wins a tournament (eg companion or standard tournament NPC) then they get to come to the feast. Always seemed a shame they were excluded :smile:.

Svangr said:
SenorZorros said:
I still hope we can use banners to form groups of units which could be commanded as one.

This, maybe not for native, but for any mods that need to utilize squad formations and similar stuff.

Maybe Bannerlord will keep the f-key assignment so you can separate spearmen from swordsmen etc.
It's already present in Warband, admittedly in classic M&B clunky form but I can't imagine they'd remove it.

OW3JC.jpg

Hey everyone,

I know that Taleworlds has planned on going to gamescon in August however, has anyone considered the very real possibility that since Turkey is under a 3 month state of emergency they might not actually be allowed to go?  That may sound stupid to most westerners who take our freedoms for granted, but let's not forget that Turkey has been going down the path of becoming a repressive islamic state for several years now. I just hope the recent coup attempt and the resulting state of emergency imposed by Erdogan won't keep them from attending gamescon. Just food for thought. What do you guys think?

PanzerDan86 said:
Hey everyone,

I know that Taleworlds has planned on going to gamescon in August however, has anyone considered the very real possibility that since Turkey is under a 3 month state of emergency they might not actually be allowed to go?  That may sound stupid to most westerners who take our freedoms for granted, but let's not forget that Turkey has been going down the path of becoming a repressive islamic state for several years now. I just hope the recent coup attempt and the resulting state of emergency imposed by Erdogan won't keep them from attending gamescon. Just food for thought. What do you guys think?

Even if they didn't go there physically, they could still do a blog and MULTIPLE videos. I'm sure they'll be there.

TheWarArmoury said:
It'd be nice to get a statement about it from Tale Worlds.

Can't be disappointed if they don't make any promises.

The only thing I really am looking forward to at this point are system specs, a release date, a demo, and a collector's edition.

Plovercrest said:
TheWarArmoury said:

The only thing I really am looking forward to at this point are system specs, a release date, a demo, and a collector's edition.

collector's edition? I love Mount & Blade but those always seem like bad practice since no one knows if the game is going to be good or not. all faith in taleworlds here but let's please not forget that this is an indie company that has only produced Mount & Blade so far...

ToyBoat said:
Plovercrest said:
TheWarArmoury said:

collector's edition? I love Mount & Blade but those always seem like bad practice since no one knows if the game is going to be good or not. all faith in taleworlds here but let's please not forget that this is an indie company that has only produced Mount & Blade so far...

how is that bad practice? You buy it or you don't, collectors editions are a choice for players. And since we are likely going to play the game before full release the world will have an idea of how good a game it will be before they buy it. Lets not forget this amazing company that produced the masterpiece Mount & Blade.

PanzerDan86 said:
Hey everyone,

The guys from the previous videos didnt seem like turkish nationals so i dont see a problem with Taleworlds being present at the next gamescom. Although in saying that im a bit worried with the government laying off staff from unis, i hope this doesnt effect them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom