Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys seen the new Of Kings and men(Melee:Battlegrounds I think) trailer? I thought it looks pretty sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWtinBnWZxM

Though sadly I think there is no single player :sad:

Twezie said:
You guys seen the new Of Kings and men(Melee:Battlegrounds I think) trailer? I thought it looks pretty sick

I can't remember if they ever said there would be one or not.  I think there was something about a battle mode with bots though.
(I could be mistaken.)

Edit:  That trailer was awesome!  And I like that  the riders are getting bumped around when riding horses.  Not too many games show that.

Twezie said:

ohoh, about ''Of King and Men''
- '' Persistent Medieval War Of Kings And Men is the spiritual sequel to the popular Mount & Blade Warband mod cRPG, with the intention of making the best medieval combat game available by using what was good and improving on what can be done better. The game is made upon our own homemade engine which also will allow for heavy modding - mod anything you can think of! ''
Should Taleworld be afraid? :wink:

I wouldn't say so. OKaM doesn't really compete with M&B directly, though it does compete with some M&B mods. People who prefer c-rpg (strategus in particular) and PWmod to native Warband will want to at least try OKaM, but players who weren't interested in those mods aren't likely to take an interest, while all of those players will be queuing up for Bannerlord, whichever game they end up playing more of.

Mervieg said:
Shh, gkx is watching.
And if you're reading this, any thoughts about the low/high(ultra?) system requirements?

I'm always watching and reading but I can't make comments about system requirements, as you probably expected.

Yabloko said:
Of Kings and Men, Mordhau and Kingdom Come: Deliverance are three titles which I impatiently await. And they all somewhat compete with Bannerlord, which is nice.
and Gloria Victis

Gkx will there be any unique weapons that the player can get through a quest like the black mace in WFAS? That was so epic, I know you can craft weapons, but the best weapons should be quest items. Calradia needs to have an excalibur type weapon that gives some nice bonus beyond the normal weapons and be the sword all kings would want to have.

An Excalibur-like weapon would be epic for a late game/high level character. I do like the right to rule bonus, but some unique combat properties as well would be nice. Give it a cool name and a neat back story like being forged from a falling star and you got the making of a legend.

reiksmarshal said:
An Excalibur-like weapon would be epic for a late game/high level character. I do like the right to rule bonus, but some unique combat properties as well would be nice. Give it a cool name and a neat back story like being forged from a falling star and you got the making of a legend.
Stop sapping into bull**** fantasy crap

reiksmarshal said:
there is no magic in Calradia if thats what you're getting at. No sword that can cut through 10 men in a single swing or light people on fire... I like the idea of unique weapons but they shouldn't give a "special bonus". Right to rule and maybe leadership/charisma.

What's magic about it? A meteorite creates a very bright light as it falls through the atmosphere, which could lead ancient people to believe it was a star falling to earth. An iron meteorite could be used to make a sword.

Well you could think about a special weapon for each faction. For example the sword of the first emperor which would give a right to rule or influence bonus, or perhaps that a sword like that makes it easier for lords from the empire to like you. Just small extra's that aren't really game changing nor seem like magic, but just are sort of a collectables in the form of a weapon.

I'm not advocating magic at all, but there needs to be a few unique weapons out there that are just a little better and have a little more of a story behind them then just buying another master crafted sword or bow. A sword made from a meteorite could contain alloys and be lighter and faster for example is what I was talking about as far as properties go. The Right to rule, leadership, or charisma bonus would be because of the prestige the owner would get from having such a fine relic. The black mace in WFAS was an awesome quest with a brilliant reward, Bannerlord could use a "Sword of Calradia or whatever name" that can be gained through a quest-line that would be just a little better then what a player can buy or craft. Anyways I would just hate to see them make the same mistake as Skyrim and make the crafted weapons godly compared to everything a player could get in a quest or buy from a shop. 

reiksmarshal said:
Anyways I would just hate to see them make the same mistake as Skyrim and make the crafted weapons godly compared to everything a player could get in a quest or buy from a shop.
I am pretty sure they mentioned in one of the videos that you would have to find certain pieces for the weapons (e.g. a hilt)  and then you could bring them to the blacksmith and make a weapon with it.

reiksmarshal said:
I'm not advocating magic at all, but there needs to be a few unique weapons out there that are just a little better and have a little more of a story behind them then just buying another master crafted sword or bow. A sword made from a meteorite could contain alloys and be lighter and faster for example is what I was talking about as far as properties go. The Right to rule, leadership, or charisma bonus would be because of the prestige the owner would get from having such a fine relic. The black mace in WFAS was an awesome quest with a brilliant reward, Bannerlord could use a "Sword of Calradia or whatever name" that can be gained through a quest-line that would be just a little better then what a player can buy or craft. Anyways I would just hate to see them make the same mistake as Skyrim and make the crafted weapons godly compared to everything a player could get in a quest or buy from a shop.
okay I get what you're saying now. I like the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom