Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_lion_tiberias said:
That's because the MP is not enough developed.

Re-read that. You are negating your own argument. We get it you prefer MP and you would like to see it developed as a eSport.

Trying to pull magic numbers of your hat to proven that MP is more popular than SP, or SP more popular than MP is silly. Unless you work for TW and you have numbers to back that up, its just a empty argument based of your own preferences.

1:
The_lion_tiberias said:
but the main part is the multiplayer.

2:
The_lion_tiberias said:
I'm also sure that the majority of warband's players have spent more times on the MP

3: ops wait, 1 and 2 are incorrect because :
The_lion_tiberias said:
That's because the MP is not enough developed.

:facepalm:

Whatever, the important is that they do everything properly and also... THAT THEY RELEASE SOME BLOG LIKE YOU KNOW?!

Holy **** I just realised they got me addicted to their blogs...

I believe Captain Lust, while not being a developer, can influence at least on some level to how Bannerlord turns out. He's a MP player, and has put lots of effort in steering Warband towards e-sports. I'm sure he continues that with Bannerlord.

So, while Mount&Blade is mainly a single player game, us MP players should have no fear for we have someone inside Taleworlds speaking in our behalf.

Alene said:
I believe Captain Lust, while not being a developer, can influence at least on some level to how Bannerlord turns out. He's a MP player, and has put lots of effort in steering Warband towards e-sports. I'm sure he continues that with Bannerlord.

So, while Mount&Blade is mainly a single player game, us MP players should have no fear for we have someone inside Taleworlds speaking in our behalf.

Truer words were never spoken.

From steam statistics:
now        5,185 
highest  9,124   
Player Count Mount & Blade: Warband 

And what the hell. M&B is a SP Game. My hours in SP 3000h and 20h MP.

MP just got to much attention cause of the long development time from Bannerlord.

But who cares. Give us a new DevBlog.

Yaga said:
Ateway said:
Yaga said:
Yaga said:
This is private message for Armagan and his team.
Frankly speaking, I have registered on the website to be able to send this message.

The idea is to significantly improve the game by adding some minor features.
I am a professional artist and I give you my help free of charge :smile:

Global view
I have made in Paint.NET some improvements (with a mouse, which was not easy :smile:) including
a windmill,
lights in windows,
smoke from chimneys,
watermill with the wheel in the river,
paths to mills, and removed the names.
This gives a completely new look to the map:

before:

%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B01.jpg

after:

%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B01%D0%B0.jpg

%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B01%D0%B1.jpg

%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B01%D0%B2.jpg

Look at the village in the centre of the map.
With very small changes the it looks much better! Life has come into the village!
%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B02.jpg

%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B02%D0%B0.jpg
Now without names at all.
%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B02%D0%B1.jpg

Here are some proposals
1. Add animated windmills and watermills with rotating blades and wheels, add forges with burning furnaces (including those in cities).
Light is streaming from windows, and smoke from chimneys what is especially picturesque at night.
Burning fires on the travellers' overnight stays and robber camps.

2. Hide all the information about settlements, size of troops under pop-ups which appear while hovering mouse over the object.
Or the pop-ups can be optional at least. Or you can do this way: At the global view at high altitude settlements can be seen. And at the closest zoom the names vanish.
Large troops and caravans can be represented in several pieces. This is meaningful, looks good and removes the digits, while the exact value can be specified in a pop-up

3. Birds can fly up with noise. This is not only aesthetics, it can be a prompt that some troops are moving through the forest.
Birds of prey can hover over a battlefield or a plundered settlement. This is meaningful too

4. If there's a ford on a river, it can be shown as shallow water with sand seen beneath the stream.
It will give a prompt on where to cross the river.
fishing boats, merchant ships and other vessels sailing in seas and lakes and along rivers.
Fish schools moving in water.
By the way, I saw birds over the water in your video! :smile:

5. Place inns along the roads for the overnight accommodation to travelers and caravans.

By reducing the travel speed universally you will add importance to roads.
Keeping the fast travel speed along the roads unchanged will make them essential. This way troops and caravans will prefer moving along the roads which will also encourage making ambushes on roads. If there are now roads in the game, you should add them!

6. Add swamps like very slow or completely impassable terrain. Add sounds - marsh owls, frogs. Decorate the mountain rivers with noisy waterfalls.
Add variety to the nature terrain: along with sunny, joyful green forests,  let there be thick, gloomy forests - embarrassing movement - with windbreaks and withered trees, with howling wolves, night thunder, rain and howling winds. Bandit lairs will look great in them.

All these features will create a certain ambience and add some pleasure to the gameplay.
The more small details, various sounds you add to the map, the more interesting will be travelling through it.

There is a simple example, The Settlers series.
Here is the game in 2007, The Settlers: Rise of an Empire looks cartoonish, but what love
to detail!
Here are a few screenshots of the game for you to see my point:
pic-2637.jpg
pic-2641.jpg
1389865436_settlers12.jpg

Or you can watch the trailer:
http://thesettlers.uk.ubi.com/the-settlers-rise-of-an-empire/home.php

There is an excellent example of a global map in Civilization 5
http://www.civilization5.com/#/media/
Just look at these screenshots!

Or civilization 4 - here and birds soaring out of the woods, and mills.
Despite a very weak graphic engine everything is alive!

This is not the complete list. I just showed the direction.

By the way, this also applies to the scenes in the settlement. Add children, birds, cats, dogs ... even
butterflies and flies! And all the settlement will be alive! :smile:

So you do not get bored I drew a little bit of country life :smile:
(I have made in Paint.NET some improvements with a mouse)

%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B03%D0%B1.jpg

Will impact framerate for no real improvement. This map is supposed to be a strategic/travel view, not feel alive like towns. No, thank you.
Please just for you:

%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B04.jpg

Thank you.

You made my day!!

:mrgreen: fps 1000

Golradir said:
Shadow4495 said:
And what the hell. M&B is a SP Game. My hours in SP 3000h and 20h MP.
I have 3000h in MP and 20 in SP, does that make m&b a MP game

Đяαкøℵ said:
I'm a SP guy so f*ck MP, sorry MP friends I play NW from time to time
i'm shet
i forgiv u

Go home Pikachu, you are drunk.. I have 2000 SP and 50 MP. M&B is a lot better as a single player game.

Except that's clearly an opinion. Please can people here stop trying to convey personal preference as fact.

Oh wait I'm on the internet nevermind.

Yabloko said:
Not playing MP is morally reprehensible and should be punishable by law.

Do SP-only users play with auto-block? Maybe that's why they don't like MP.

How dare you accuse us of playing with auto-block? That's blasphemy!

What's the point of conquering Calradia? I have fun forging my own kingdom up to a certain point, from then on each castle taken just feels like the previous one and I see no point in going on.

Yabloko said:
What's the point of conquering Calradia? I have fun forging my own kingdom up to a certain point, from then on each castle taken just feels like the previous one and I see no point in going on.
I have this exact problem with the thousands of women I sleep with.

Beny said:
Yabloko said:
I have this exact problem with the thousands of women I sleep with.

Taking castles doesn't give me the incentive of receiving physical pleasure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom