Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jacobhinds said:
If a player starts half swording anywhere else, the other player can just backpedal and make use of superior range before the half sworder can react. It's like what happens when 2h sword meets 1h sword on a deathmatch server.
If other elements are implemented [which I have talked about numerous times] such as charging (sprint-attacking, sprint-pushing, sprint-thrusting etc.), sliding, leaning (in the sense of dodging), crouching, jumping, climbing - and all combinations between them -, if superior tactics and a larger range of attacks are implemented, be it short swings, long swings, quick thrusts, long thrusts (and much more are thinkable), unrealistic issues such as back-paddling, static jumps and attack spamming would be resolved - not through specific bug patches which include unrealistic 'cool down' times or other aspects as such, but through the immersive realism and complexity which offers both duelers an immense range of options.

In this context, I must say that I personally wish for the game to gain in complexity - the more the better. Not sharing @hoe12moe's opinion on this one:
hoe12moe said:
I hope they keep it simple  :oops:

The Mighty McLovin said:
Would it even hurt if you got swinged by a sword wearing this armour? It must of took hours for someone to die. :smile:
redwood36 said:
Of course not, that's why military techniques focused on either piercing the armor (the primary reason for half-swording), using hammers/maces, grappling, or aiming at openings in armor. A sword is a pretty poor weapon to use in that particular circumstance.
Yes and no. Yes, because armor is an extremely important, vital part of medieval combat which really made the whole difference on the battlefield. A strong piece of armor can indeed make the wearer immune to mostly any hits. No, because armor duels are not a simple hack and slash event where the duelers simply hit each other until a piece of armor cracks. In fact, most hand-to-hand combats where both sides wear heavy armor end in a ground brawl where blunt force makes all the difference. A sword is not such a bad idea in this context, because it can bring a tremendous blow if impacted at full speed on the opponents body.

For instance, in the video below you will see what a devastating impact pure blunt force can have - nomatter how hard and impenetrable the armor:
https://youtu.be/98hRtOJqOYE?t=39m30s

In the same documentary, a few minutes before, we can see weapons specifically made for use against armor. These include small, bashing weaponry peaces made for blunt hits and/or for sticking them in vulnerable holes in armor pieces, once the enemy is incapacitated. At that point, the armor can also be taken off and the opponent executed.
https://youtu.be/98hRtOJqOYE?t=36m58s

'Hour-long' duels didn't really exist mostly because of the fatigue. Long duels could be thinkable in noblemen or arena-type duels with 1 on 1 fights between fully armored opponents. Of course, cutting damage is as good as non-existent. @Urban_Viking's made a point concerning half-swording and multifunction in weapons, which can be applied in this context. Like mentioned earlier, I'm all for 'the more the merrier'.

@testertesting
You quote me but I'm not sure if any part of that is in contradiction to my statement, yet the statement of yes and no would seem to say here was a counterpoint.  At any rate, it's clear the duel in that video is primarily designed to look cool. Anyone know what sort of damage model they plan on implementing?

redwood36 said:
@testertesting
You quote me but I'm not sure if any part of that is in contradiction to my statement, yet the statement of yes and no would seem to say here was a counterpoint.  At any rate, it's clear the duel in that video is primarily designed to look cool. Anyone know what sort of damage model they plan on implementing?

Well, it does look cool.

Let me give you something so you can stop writing essays.
KİRLETİCİ AZOG said:
I asked developer Ozan that will there be a Directx12 support in Bannerlord.He said to me that," We are not thinking to add Directx12 support for now but we can change our mind until the release date announce because If we release the game late , we might have to support Directx12 eventually."
So here what I get from this , they might release the game in Q1-2016. Because they dont have any plans about DX12. If they were plan to release the game in next summer or later , they should have to consider DX12 too because until that time , most of the new games will support DX12.  And worst scenario , we will get the game end of the next summer. They are just assumptions of course.

redwood36 said:
@testertesting

I've seen videos on it, I think it was one where the main face of the company played through some sort of alpha or something, and it seems like it was pretty realistic. The sword would clang off the helmet and not do very much damage, a 1v1 battle actually lasted quite a while.

EDIT: Wait for next month, they release a video update on combat. (sorry for the OT)

RabbleKnight said:
Dat avatar of yours.
Its both atrocious and fabulous.
How did you succeed in doing that?

I may switch it back since I don't like transparent avatars.

Jesus YOUR LORD said:
Wonderboy2402 said:
About overdue for another update on the game?
The blogs come out at roughly 3 monthly intervals.  The last blog was released on the 20th of March so i wouldn't get your hopes up until the end of this month.

By that, we should get a blog on the 20th-30th June. The wait begins.

Bloc said:
Let me give you something so you can stop writing essays.
KİRLETİCİ AZOG said:
I asked developer Ozan that will there be a Directx12 support in Bannerlord.He said to me that," We are not thinking to add Directx12 support for now but we can change our mind until the release date announce because If we release the game late , we might have to support Directx12 eventually."
So here what I get from this , they might release the game in Q1-2016. Because they dont have any plans about DX12. If they were plan to release the game in next summer or later , they should have to consider DX12 too because until that time , most of the new games will support DX12.  And worst scenario , we will get the game end of the next summer. They are just assumptions of course.

Some information, thank you.
Windows10 releases end of July and it comes with DirectX 12, I am hopeful that at least a Beta of BL releases this year, maybe during holiday season?
DiectX12 support would be nice, if it's possible to add it with an update that'll be fine with me too, so it wouldn't have to delay the release.

I'm fine if they have DirectX12, as long as they have DX7 and DX9.

Does Windows 10 do anything to your computer too? I may consider upgrading to Windows10 but I don't know what'll happen. Will things be deleted or will it stay the same?

The Mighty McLovin said:
I'm fine if they have DirectX12, as long as they have DX7 and DX9.

Does Windows 10 do anything to your computer too? I may consider upgrading to Windows10 but I don't know what'll happen. Will things be deleted or will it stay the same?

You can upgrade to Win10 for free if you have Win 7 or Win 8.1, they say all apps will be migrated over to Win 10 and should work, but some things probably won't. You should also be able to make a clean install from an ISO after you have updated to Win10 and that would mean deleting everything in the process.

BL by the way will suport DirectX9 upwards, no more DirectX 7 :smile:

I see.  I'll have some re-search on the Window 10, as I can have it for free. Do you have it and what changes happened to you? Did you lose everything on your desktop and have to re-install some things too?

Also the DX9 isn't a problem, as I mainly play on that. I only used DX7 for Persistent World but I don't play that as it's slow, laggy and annoying.

The Mighty McLovin said:
I see.  I'll have some re-search on the Window 10, as I can have it for free. Do you have it and what changes happened to you? Did you lose everything on your desktop and have to re-install some things too?

Also the DX9 isn't a problem, as I mainly play on that. I only used DX7 for Persistent World but I don't play that as it's slow, laggy and annoying.

I don't have it at the moment, I plan on upgrading when it officially releases, July 29 I think.
I am planning on upgrading and then doing a clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom