Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 4 - Flexible Entries

Users who are viewing this thread

<p>Happy New Year to those operating on the Gregorian Calender and a round, warm hello to all. “Blog!”, they cried and it was written. 2013 has been a year of growth for us at TaleWorlds and with each passing month, work intensifies on Bannerlord. The new year has already started with the achievement of 100,000 likes on our official Facebook page. It feels like a great milestone and we'd like to thank everyone for all the support. Now let us tell you a little bit more about making Bannerlord.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/5

Stromming said:
jacobhinds said:
Lusted said that the blog has been put on hold, because the game feature they're working on is taking longer than expected.

I don't know where this idea comes from that they're "taking time" to make the blog. it's two screenshots and ~500 words of text; no more than a day's work for one person. compared to the amount of effort that goes into game development, the blogs aren't exactly going to affect the release date.

A days work mate?

I can put this together in an hour.

"Oi, can you send me two random screens of the world map man?"
"Sure thing mate, check your email"

*meanwhile*

"Hmm yadda yadda yadda heres some stuff about something in the game.... OH LOOK AN EMAIL WITH SCREENSHOTS, LETS EMBED IT"

******** done.

Ignorant much? Also, 600 hours aint even much for this game.

Tybalt_ said:
Stromming said:
jacobhinds said:
Lusted said that the blog has been put on hold, because the game feature they're working on is taking longer than expected.

I don't know where this idea comes from that they're "taking time" to make the blog. it's two screenshots and ~500 words of text; no more than a day's work for one person. compared to the amount of effort that goes into game development, the blogs aren't exactly going to affect the release date.

A days work mate?

I can put this together in an hour.

"Oi, can you send me two random screens of the world map man?"
"Sure thing mate, check your email"

*meanwhile*

"Hmm yadda yadda yadda heres some stuff about something in the game.... OH LOOK AN EMAIL WITH SCREENSHOTS, LETS EMBED IT"

****ing done.

Ignorant much? Also, 600 hours aint even much for this game.

How is that ignorant? He's right, taking two screenshots and having your PR person write a few paragraphs isn't hard to do at all.

Doesn't matter how fast you can write a 600 word document, if there is nothing to talk about, it ain't happening.

Point is that what I said is true.

Sit down, write an A4 piece (I counted 748 words with 2 words copy pasted all over and they were hello and whats so average lenght words) find 2 high quality pictures and put it together in a document and see how long it takes.

For an untrained person it will take longer but now we are talking about people that does this for a living, it's obviously going to be faster when they do it.

If you think this is hard to do, then you probably should go back to school.

Edit:
About there being nothing to write about. Yes because this one thing they want to talk about cant be changed to be the next thing after that... yeah... **** they could talk about anything, even the music!

Stromming said:
About there being nothing to write about. Yes because this one thing they want to talk about cant be changed to be the next thing after that... yeah... **** they could talk about anything, even the music!

Two problems, first - from what Lust said the thing they currently working on changes looks of big part of whole game. Second - they already made a delay to show that one thing. You can right now and here say that "****, they can talk about anything!", but I can bet you that if they'd do exactly that, next blog thread would fill up with people *****ing about waiting sooooo long for such a crap. Not to mention Vapourwareman coming back if there would be no screenies :razz:

Add that to the fact that games are developed incrementally rather than piecemeal, so many of the features are going to be way pre-alpha and thus unpresentable. It's a good choice on their part to put the blog on hold instead of developing the game solely for the purpose of releasing cool screenshots. It's like film trailers; some big blockbuster filmmakers go out of their way to film scenes for the trailer.

I saw that some people are complaining about the time it is taking to launch, but I think you should think that the longer it takes, the game gets better and better, and I think the blog is the meaning we give some ideas for TaleWorlds .

Since paradox have left taleworlds may find it hard to get their game out there, no release dates or alphas may make it even harder as they'll start to lose their fan base from mount and blade/warband. However if they rush the game and it comes out like that state battlefield 4 came in, fans and players will be very angry... The developers should keep us updated on the games progression with video gameplay like DICE did with bf...
I know I'm comparing taleworlds
with a top end company but taleworlds really needs to get their game out their through ads etc. Because mount and blade is a sick idea and a brilliant game

avi312singh said:
...no release dates or alphas may make it even harder as they'll start to lose their fan base from mount and blade/warband.

Ehhh, no. I don't know about the others, but that's not losing me.

tuwb7j7gv1720p7t1foy.gif

Back
Top Bottom