Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Users who are viewing this thread

HTML:
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">Hello all Mount & Blade players, curious individuals and accidental Mount & Blade blog readers! We hope you are having a wonderful 2015, so far and that you enjoyed our previous blog by Finn Seliger, covering the music of Bannerlord.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">This time, the blog comes right from us and we're going to be touching on an interesting new feature for the single player, something we know a lot of you want to hear about.</p></br> Read more at: <a href="http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12">http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12</a>

I really want to know the release date of this game. It takes a very long time with very less progress. It even takes months for a blog. It's frustrating to wait for something without an expected date.
I think the resource is spent on other project in Mount & Blade I (one) which seems still make a lot of money.

Orion said:
I think Gamescom may bring more info than several of the previous blogs put together. Something to look forward to.

Now I have almost a reason to go to Gamescom.

http://www.gamescom.de/gamescom/ausstellersuche/suche/index.php?fw_goto=aussteller/details&&kid=0040191668&

Im a little disappointed. the only interesting thing i read here was the ability to award vassles with ranks..by rankS i assume there will be more than just marshal in the game and that seems really cool. However, the trading screen here  is basically offers the same features as warband with a new GUI. im hoping for something amazing, not something that seems like a mod. Britianwalda and other similar mods (AKOC, blood and steal) were quite in depth, if this game is offering less than this..is it really worth buying considering the mods are free. Early days yet anyway, well by that i mean we have little information, its been in the works long enough. This is just me being critical, im sure ill love the game, i was just disappointed with Viking conquest as it was unplayable for me due to the church hating me and simple bugs. Im a big fan, love the game and if this is half as good as im hoping it will be one hell of a game

This is hilarious. Taking 3 months for every bit of information to publish?  :facepalm: Either they're lazy as fu** or they thought: "Hey, it's a nice way to raise the anticipation of them. Just tell them NOTHING about the game. Yeeeaah." I mean, couldn't they just told us in which year the game will PROBABLY or MAYBE will come out? Or even which decade?? I'd be more pleased if they postponed the date multiple times. Still better than sitting here for months (or years) with NO BIT of information. I mean, for how long is this "Features" page now empty? For three years at the moment. The only thing that this method is causing is that I'm losing interest in this project from time to time.
They announced the game three years ago. Now they should be ready to at least speculate on a probable date to release the game. If they keep going this way, the game will be released about 2020. And I guess THEN no one cares about the game anymore.

bankert320 said:
This is hilarious. Taking 3 months for every bit of information to publish?  :facepalm: Either they're lazy as fu** or they thought: "Hey, it's a nice way to raise the anticipation of them. Just tell them NOTHING about the game. Yeeeaah." I mean, couldn't they just told us in which year the game will PROBABLY or MAYBE will come out? Or even which decade?? I'd be more pleased if they postponed the date multiple times. Still better than sitting here for months (or years) with NO BIT of information. I mean, for how long is this "Features" page now empty? For three years at the moment. The only thing that this method is causing is that I'm losing interest in this project from time to time.
They announced the game three years ago. Now they should be ready to at least speculate on a probable date to release the game. If they keep going this way, the game will be released about 2020. And I guess THEN no one cares about the game anymore.
Oh, quit your complaining.  They will be going to gamescom in August, and I am sure that there will be new information.

I hate you, Armagan. You told me that you will be trying to give us new dev blogs without having to wait for three months. You lied me, and you made me cry  :cry:

I trusted him too mate... the humanity.... 3 months for these infos, and a leak that looked COMPLETELY horrible...  Things dont look any good. Im sure the hype train has derailed by a long time now, even worse than Hearts of Iron IV. Thats what happens when you announce a game too soon, or when your PR SUCKS (paradox announced HOI IV too soon yes, but they actually have a good PR and community management! Unlike Taleworlds....)

Wulfburk said:
I hate you, Armagan. You told me that you will be trying to give us new dev blogs without having to wait for three months. You lied me, and you made me cry  :cry:

I trusted him too mate... the humanity.... 3 months for these infos, and a leak that looked COMPLETELY horrible...  Things dont look any good. Im sure the hype train has derailed by a long time now, even worse than Hearts of Iron IV. Thats what happens when you announce a game too soon, or when your PR SUCKS (paradox announced HOI IV too soon yes, but they actually have a good PR and community management! Unlike Taleworlds....)

You mean the leaks that were screen capped with the lowest possible graphical settings? Just look at the engine video.

Vraelomon said:
bankert320 said:
I mean, couldn't they just told us in which year the game will PROBABLY or MAYBE will come out? Or even which decade??
Do you honestly think taleworlds will need to spend 8 years developing bannerlord?

Who knows?^^ Three years and we know nearly nothing about bannerlord. Either they are pretty far and suprise us in about one year (what is kind of counterproductive if you think of advertisment) or they're not. And if so, it might take a few years more to make the game suitable for the market. Well, maybe not 8 years. That's too much. But at least 1 year from now definitely; probably 2. So at all about 4-5 years.

Except they announced games like Fallout 4 at the same time as releasing gameplay videos and a ton of info. More, in fact, than Taleworlds has between announcement and now, three years later.

CaptainLee said:
Except they announced games like Fallout 4 at the same time as releasing gameplay videos and a ton of info. More, in fact, than Taleworlds has between announcement and now, three years later.

Yeah, but no.

Bannerlord was announced very early on in production - at least, the evidence at hand dictates that is the case. Bethesda has announced Fallout 4 a bunch months before it's planned release in November. Bethesda could've announced Fallout 4 a long time ago. Say five or six years ago, but they didn't and wouldn't - Bethesda gets a sizable number of sales on hype alone, and doing what Taleworlds is doing is not the way to build up hype.

IMO that is because Taleworlds, on the otherhand, seems to sell unique, quality, games and not hype. It'll be worth the wait, but there is a going to be a wait (and has been one for a while now). What we've seen so far is promising. The engine video demonstrated what the graphics look like early on in production (and I'd wager the final graphics), whilst the leaked screenshots showed us what looked like more complex formations and huge battles. Yes graphically poor, but clearly running on low settings - if you think otherwise, remember the engine video.

If you (not you specifically, but anyone who does) get hyped about a game, then you're a fool. You should look forward to a game because you know it's going to be quality. Not because you're excited over a little video and a lot of speculation (e.g. most people with Fallout 4).

It's nothing to do with 'hype' really. At 35 I think I'm a little past that now. It's about not putting out any real information over a three year period. This is not something that gives confidence in the production, surely Taleworlds can see this. It lends to the reasonable conclusion they don't have anything worth showing. At 35 I'm a little beyond blind faith, also. I hope at Gamescom they produce something really meaty and the understandable concerns are unfounded, but let's not pretend there are no grounds for them.

Worse thing is i bet at gamescom we wont really get any REAL info, just those "oh we want it to be like this and you'll see it to be like that" some random screenshots that are too similar in graphics to Warband (like all the screenshots we got as of now), a lot of concept art (completely useless for the public) some talk of their plans (and we all know how plans are) and thats that. If we get a real gameplay video of the likes we got in E3 from the new Battlefront and Fallout IV i'll shut the hell up. Though chances are we wont.

I only really care about the final product. If Bannerlord is at least as fun as Warband, then all is good.

I agree though that marketing does not seem to be TW's strong point, or at least it does not seem to be their focus, which is a good thing, since all the hype in the world is worthless, if the game at the end sucks.

Should BL suck, well there is still Warband to play  :razz:

tumblr_nd2wh3koYG1tq4of6o1_500.gif

CaptainLee said:
It's nothing to do with 'hype' really. At 35 I think I'm a little past that now. It's about not putting out any real information over a three year period. This is not something that gives confidence in the production, surely Taleworlds can see this. It lends to the reasonable conclusion they don't have anything worth showing. At 35 I'm a little beyond blind faith, also. I hope at Gamescom they produce something really meaty and the understandable concerns are unfounded, but let's not pretend there are no grounds for them.

There is also to consider that Taleworlds might not want to spoil too much about the game.
The engine is done and ready including a world editor, they are likely focusing on the map and dialogues by now.

If you want an idea of how Bannerlord will play here is it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxj34_tFq3g

Taleworld might be taking their time, but not posting a blog for a long times is probably because they are out of stuff to show, or they are simply trolling us. :fruity:

THe last 2 blogs are not worth it, basically month of waiting and less than expected. Come on bannerlord, If you have more stuff, then post another blog.

Back
Top Bottom