Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Users who are viewing this thread

HTML:
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">Hello all Mount & Blade players, curious individuals and accidental Mount & Blade blog readers! We hope you are having a wonderful 2015, so far and that you enjoyed our previous blog by Finn Seliger, covering the music of Bannerlord.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">This time, the blog comes right from us and we're going to be touching on an interesting new feature for the single player, something we know a lot of you want to hear about.</p></br> Read more at: <a href="http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12">http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12</a>

i can't wait to play the game! :smile: :grin: :lol:

LordNichlas said:
yeah it was nice to see the video, but it was way to short and not so much info. i also want more blogs  :neutral:

Afa Potter said:
Yes I saw them, but after long time of waiting, I think they were not enough. Remember, half time of the video was a damn table game :/

I was just re-reading this blog and noticed this:

The things that can be exchanged in barter depend on context as well. When bartering with enemies, you are able to negotiate peace deals, while barters between a king and his vassals could consist of granting ranks within the kingdom or awarding of fiefs.

It seems to confirm that there will be ranks of some sort, at least in some of the factions, a feature talked about occasionally by some players.

IIRC, the only thing the ranks did was determining the weekly salary you got for your services.

Do not look here said:
jacobhinds said:
Somebody (the user named somebody)
I want to believe that one angel receives its wings/aureole every time an username fulfills its purpose like this.
The best bit was when some newbie, driven by desperation, asked "somebody" (placed in the beginning of a sentence) for help with presentations, which happen to be one of the most complicated and trial-and-error based thingies you can tinker with; Somebody replied, stating that he doesn't really like presentations and would rather not talk about them. The newbie displayed shock, and I laughed my socks off.
Really though, calling yourself Somebody (especially whilst being one of the best modders around) is nothing but pure genius.

The feature looks very nice, and makes a great game even better, but 2 things occur to me :

it would be nice to have easy accessible:

Tracker screen of what other lords / factions / Merchants need / trade / want / have available - it would make a lot easier to plan trading relations with them.

When prompt to give a fift to a certain vassal, have the option to see on the map the property's location (for strategic reasons).

Combat still needs work. They look like they're swinging plastic weapons while running around with roller-skates on.

I know this is a dead topic but I have a question that is specific to this update.
Will the AI lose relationship with you if you give it deals that are less than ideal but still acceptable, whereas if you give them deals that are in their favor, that will strengthen relationship with you, depending on where on the meter it is? Hopefully this could be included as a reason to put more into a deal than you need, and a drawback to giving as little as possible.

Cpt. Nemo said:
What if the ai can determine a balanced deal, and would refuse a crappy one?

balanced doesn't mean exact value.

Grimaldus said:
Will the AI lose relationship with you if you give it deals that are less than ideal but still acceptable,

say you are trading fiefs. Your fief is worth 1000 coins, the npc is worth 750 coins.

NPC is willing to do the exchange (<some factors here that makes this a good decision>).

NPC calculates that he would accept a deal from: 0 extra coins, to -350 coins (1000-750=250, 250+rent=350). Closer to the left value he is *happier*, closer to the right he is *unhappy*. You can push the conversation trying to achieve a better deal for yourself (in this case, new fief + 350 coins).

*balanced* value would be the point that both are OK with the deal (win+lose scenarios are equal). Whatever factors apply here for the decision, lets assume that balance point is: [fief+200coins].

So you can be "nicer" on the deal and try to gain some extra points (relations points, etc) with the npc, or try to strong arm him into taking a less favorable deal.

Sounds complicated. Not sure if it would add to the gameplay and fun factor. But that is what I took from the OP post.

You have a system sort of like this in Witcher 3 (for the jobs/side quests payment)

How is the dev. going? Are you out of money?

Seems like the game was finished a few years ago and im just wondering why it hasnt been realsed yet.

Maybe in 2018 eyy.

Any hoo, have a good one.

BR Loffas

Loffas said:
How is the dev. going? Are you out of money?

Seems like the game was finished a few years ago and im just wondering why it hasnt been realsed yet.

Maybe in 2018 eyy.

Any hoo, have a good one.

BR Loffas
Don't worry, the team received a small loan of a million dollars, and the game will be released in an hour.

Kind regards, TellTaleWorlds Entertainment Interactive.

Back
Top Bottom