Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Users who are viewing this thread

HTML:
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">Hello all Mount & Blade players, curious individuals and accidental Mount & Blade blog readers! We hope you are having a wonderful 2015, so far and that you enjoyed our previous blog by Finn Seliger, covering the music of Bannerlord.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">This time, the blog comes right from us and we're going to be touching on an interesting new feature for the single player, something we know a lot of you want to hear about.</p></br> Read more at: <a href="http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12">http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12</a>

jackalj said:
Well I believe we have a roman esque faction in the game, I hope we have a sort of meat grinder action for them.

If they hold the line and when they slowly advance with their shields up.

This "Empire" faction are not romans, the game  is on the time frame of 600-1100. Rome Fallen was ages ago.

jacobhinds said:
Bannerlord doesn't have to be an exact year-for-year carbon copy of history.

Oh really?
Bannerlord is set 200 years before Warband...Weapons, armor, clothes and architecture should date from around 600 to 1100 AD, rather than the 13th century.

Im so stupid then!, oh, should I end my life for this offense? Don't make me laugh.

Don't you believe me, search in the Devs Blog, you'll find it anyway

Louis said:
jacobhinds said:
Im so stupid then!, oh, should I end my life for this offense? Don't make me laugh.
@Louis, that's a peculiar reaction, quite inappropriate considering the fact that @jacobhinds simply stated an opinion (hence the 'doesn't have to') - as far as I understand. I talked about this aspect some time ago, and fairly I would be disappointed if they restrict their whole gameplay to a single era, especially one that doesn't cover more 'modern' medieval tactics and elements such as armor, knights etc. It would seem like the development uses a contextual aspect as a reason for leaving technical, mechanical aspects out. I personally agree with @jacobhinds, hence my post in retrospective:
testertesting said:
Firstly, the game takes place in a fictional world: Calradia. Saying it's parallel - that is from a temporal viewpoint - to something from the real world is as questionable as the geographic location itself. Secondly, in the calradian year 1257 we encounter quite heavy pieces of armory, one of which - if my visual memory doesn't deceive me - is forged into a single piece for the torso. That would make it a very thick plate armor, it being also quite voluminous. Such an armor is historically speaking way before its time. I find leaving out heavy armor pieces just for historical coherency would implicitly require a realistic geographical adaptation as well. This is a medieval combat game not a representation for a single, predefined timespan, so why would one leave an important (and most entertaining) aspect out of it? Might as well restrict the whole game to a nude gladiator arena.

Louis said:

Nice meme, but they were referring to the period of material inspiration rather than a deliberate copy of literally everything between 600 ad and 1100 ad (the game is only set in one year anyway).

Since blog 1 people have been trying to line up the bannerlord factions with real world kingdoms and states, but none of it is convincing given how much more thought taleworlds has put in this time around, actually designing real cultures rather than using the generic medieval clichés of warband. The "empire" is obviously inspired by the late roman empire (bit of east, bit of west), but nothing else really fits the real-world time period. It's better that way.

testertesting said:
Louis said:
jacobhinds said:
@Louis, that's a peculiar reaction, quite inappropriate considering the fact that @jacobhinds simply stated an opinion (hence the 'doesn't have to') - as far as I understand. I talked about this aspect some time ago, and fairly I would be disappointed if they restrict their whole gameplay to a single era, especially one that doesn't cover more 'modern' medieval tactics and elements such as armor, knights etc. It would seem like the development uses a contextual aspect as a reason for leaving technical, mechanical aspects out. I personally agree with @jacobhinds, hence my post in retrospective:
testertesting said:
Firstly, the game takes place in a fictional world: Calradia. Saying it's parallel - that is from a temporal viewpoint - to something from the real world is as questionable as the geographic location itself. Secondly, in the calradian year 1257 we encounter quite heavy pieces of armory, one of which - if my visual memory doesn't deceive me - is forged into a single piece for the torso. That would make it a very thick plate armor, it being also quite voluminous. Such an armor is historically speaking way before its time. I find leaving out heavy armor pieces just for historical coherency would implicitly require a realistic geographical adaptation as well. This is a medieval combat game not a representation for a single, predefined timespan, so why would one leave an important (and most entertaining) aspect out of it? Might as well restrict the whole game to a nude gladiator arena.

Im sorry, i didn't read it enough, I'll try make an effort for this mistake to not happen.
But i have something to say:
@tes I never say something about restricting EVERYTHING about that timeframe, search the quote of my comment, ITS referring to MATERIAL, ONLY MATERIAL.
@Jacob it doesn't mean that is a carbon copy of the actual 600-1100 AD. But an actual inspire of it. Search Battle of Manzikert, you'll find something.

But im sorry if something is wrong here, im not putting effort on this, IM F*KING SLEEPY, I LIVE ON SOUTH AMERICA PEOPLE

Louis said:
I LIVE ON SOUTH AMERICA PEOPLE

You live on it? Interesting. Do you live on the landmass itself, reclining, resting your head on the Andes? Or do you feed of off South America, deriving your sustenance from it?

Just kidding, I couldn't resist it.

Because it's almost harvesting season!

I took a look at the leaked screens and realized that Bannerlord could become pretty epic, also because of the large maps.
But this is nothing new, so the wait continues.

Mr.Nock said:
Louis said:
I LIVE ON SOUTH AMERICA PEOPLE

You live on it? Interesting. Do you live on the landmass itself, reclining, resting your head on the Andes? Or do you feed of off South America, deriving your sustenance from it?

Funny, no really, its funny

Just kidding, I couldn't resist it.

bankert320 said:
Well I'm clearly losing interest in this project. One piece of information every 3-4 months? Come on  :facepalm:

I guess they don't have any booth at E3, right? They could show us some info or gameplay from there :-/ I'm really pissed off that there aren't any informations about Bannerlord for so long..

Back
Top Bottom