Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Users who are viewing this thread

HTML:
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">Hello all Mount & Blade players, curious individuals and accidental Mount & Blade blog readers! We hope you are having a wonderful 2015, so far and that you enjoyed our previous blog by Finn Seliger, covering the music of Bannerlord.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">This time, the blog comes right from us and we're going to be touching on an interesting new feature for the single player, something we know a lot of you want to hear about.</p></br> Read more at: <a href="http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12">http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12</a>

They're waiting gamescon to release new infos. If they wont give us some good informations there, then that will be the time to start to complain.

boomstomp said:
ITS been so long since any updates dont think the game is cumming out any more maybe problems in the company too bad would have been a grait game.

Troll, or serious? Either way, lol.

Well guys, this is it. The game isn't cumming anymore. It's over now.

dear Mr.Bannerlord,

I hope that you work well, I'm 11 and I love knights and horses. My dream will be that Mr.Bannerlord send me a named letter "Hello my little boy, I bring you some news <3". It will be fantastic if I receive it for my birthday, please Mr.Bannerlord.

If you need money, I can give you my money box that i kept in my little room. And if you need help, i can lend you my Fluff to cheer up all your friends.

Please, I hope get some news from you, I love you my heroe.

K.A. said:
They're waiting gamescon to release new infos. If they wont give us some good informations there, then that will be the time to start to complain.

Is that for sure or just a guess? Also, does that mean that the announcement will be especially noteworthy?

Comrade Temuzu said:
They'll probably follow the same pattern as before, as in, a closed alpha, an open beta, release.

I trust Taleworlds to know better than to start selling the game before it's playable.
Who did they allow in the closed alpha for Mount & Blade?

The m&b alpha was done in many stages, starting in about 2004. Not sure about who was around for those, but the Warband alpha involved a lot of well-informed modders and people familiar with the mechanics and the engine. I think it gradually expanded as multiplayer needed testing. I wasn't around at the time though.

jacobhinds said:
The m&b alpha was done in many stages, starting in about 2004. Not sure about who was around for those, but the Warband alpha involved a lot of well-informed modders and people familiar with the mechanics and the engine. I think it gradually expanded as multiplayer needed testing. I wasn't around at the time though.
Ah, ok.  Seems logical enough.

Froi said:
jacobhinds said:
Ah, ok.  Seems logical enough.
they let me into the SP testing somewhat late in the cycle with no real credentials. I remember the first version of the game I had was unplayable due to a bug that would spawn you underground when you entered a scene lol

I imagine it will be some time before they reach that stage of public testing though. And I do hope they take their time as, having been behind the scenes, I can tell you Warband could have very much benefited from a few more months of development.

jacobhinds said:
I was there for the Warband beta. It was a big thing, with two separate releases, for SP and MP testing, depending on people's preferences. I personally participated in the singleplayer tests. Most of the new stuff was still missing when I played it, but it was still quite neat back then.

Prime624 said:
K.A. said:
They're waiting gamescom to release new infos. If they wont give us some good informations there, then that will be the time to start to complain.
Is that for sure or just a guess? Also, does that mean that the announcement will be especially noteworthy?
Given that they've got a media-only Bannerlord booth, I'm pretty sure there'll be news afterwards.

I think I got M&B in 2005. It was the version 0,751. That's ten years of M&B now, and I just recently took up playing the single player (MP is not my thing really) again, and I'm feeling as excited as ever :grin:

So yea, I'm kind of used to being patient when it comes to M&B. It's been great to see it develop so far, considering a lot of people even then used to doubt if it will ever be ready.

I think I've been around since 0.8XX. I learned about the game unintentionally by going through a review (I didn't really undertand English back then, but the screenshots made me interested). The first feelings just cannot be described...I remember perfecly my very first moments in the game. I spawned by the Khergit territory, and had totally no idea what I was suposed to do, then, I found out that clicking on a location would lead your character there. I chose to go in Ichamur - that was my first ever location I entered in. While having a stroll through the town, the generic wooden stands made it clear that I'm closing in by a marketplace. Thus, my decision was to talk to the armourer and buy some stuff. Since I thought that I'm in an "Arabian" environment, I considered it would be cool to buy a wimple (I had absolutely no idea that I purchased a woman's headwear, but it made me satisfied; that matters). There are just so many moments I can tell, but this isn't the appropriate thread, unfortunately.

I found Warband a little while after it came out.  I think I logged around 200 hours into the Demo, just replaying it over and over and doing the custom battles until I had enough cash to buy the game itself lol.  Probably logged 700 or so hours into the game and then I lost that steam account.

I found out about Warband from the Napoleonic Wars DLC. (Around 2013) That was the original reason that I was going to get it.
(And now I have 360+ hrs in the game with only about 100 being NW.)

Johan_Stormcloak said:
I found out about Warband from the Napoleonic Wars DLC. (Around 2013) That was the original reason that I was going to get it.
Only 360 hours?  What a filthy casual :razz:

Johan_Stormcloak said:
I have 360+ since January  :grin:
And IIRC I originally got Warband in 2010.
New post.

Does anyone have any idea when the next update on Bannerlord is gonna be?
The last one was 4 MONTHS AGO and they said they would start posting more often.
It's the same as the VC Reforged Eddition when they announced it BACK IN MAY they said that more info is coming it the coming days and it been over 2 months.
Im beginning to feel like TaleWorlds just dont't care about their fans anymore any bit of information weekly/bi-weekly or atleast once a month would keep me happy.

Azthor said:
The last one was 4 MONTHS AGO and they said they would start posting more often.
It's the same as the VC Reforged Eddition when they announced it BACK IN MAY they said that more info is coming it the coming days and it been over 2 months.
Im beginning to feel like TaleWorlds just dont't care about their fans anymore any bit of information weekly/bi-weekly or atleast once a month would keep me happy.

I dont know, I wish I knew, the suspense on waiting for MB2 is killing me.

But alas, we have to be patient "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

I highly doubt they forgot about the game or don't care anymore tho...  :shock:

With regards to VC I read on these forums under the Viking Conquest DLC thread that they are looking at a release this Friday!

Gostalto said:
Azthor said:

I dont know, I wish I knew, the suspense on waiting for MB2 is killing me.

But alas, we have to be patient "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

I highly doubt they forgot about the game or don't care anymore tho...  :shock:

With regards to VC I read on these forums under the Viking Conquest DLC thread that they are looking at a release this Friday!

Thats great news on the VC :grin: but and I wouldn't mind waiting at all for Bannerlord as long as they kept us updated on the progress :smile:

Back
Top Bottom