Mount & Blade Fan Expectations

Users who are viewing this thread

Seems to me some people on here would have complained no matter what.

That is pretty much the role of game forums :smile:

I like the structure of the game, I just think it needs to be more feature complete. I'm impatient as the next guy, but I have to wait a year (their official "release") before I pass judgement on whether or not the game lived up to my expectations.

So many core features are missing and instead they decide to force us into a storyline. I don't want to have a brother at the start of every playthrough. Many people expected the sandbox game we were promised.

What we have now isn't horrible, but it sure is disappointing.

I think the reality is that some of the negatives being considered are not end game for Bannerlord. I fully expect them to release a method of improving relations between the clan members, and to make the current systems interact better with one another. I felt like the fief building, relations, character progressions and such in Warband were less polished than what they will be for bannerlord, and in some cases than they already are. Particularly the fief building was almost non-existent, and trying to handle the relations was super grindy and towards the later stages of the game, almost impossible to do.

I'm not bombing the OP, but I think the reality is that Bannerlord is on track to be so much more than Warband, and I wouldn't have it any other way. If it was just Warband with better graphics, sure I would enjoy and play that, but I think Bannerlord is going to be better than that.I think as we get further along, you will come to see that as well.

That said, I am 95% sure that a modder will eventually design a "Warband in Bannerlord" mod using the old map and potentially some of the older mechanics. Someone will do it...

Everything just feels so stripped down, there's really no depth at all. It is okay to expect more from a company of the size TW has grown to, and also don't forget they had the formula already, they had 10 years to expand upon it.

Everything just feels so stripped down, there's really no depth at all. It is okay to expect more from a company of the size TW has grown to, and also don't forget they had the formula already, they had 10 years to expand upon it.
What, killing looters, killing weak lords with hordes of recruits again and again, only for them to come back, and talking to a bunch of your fellow zero personality robots lords, about nothing, getting your earned fiefs stolen, while watching your battle AI bug out, and having this entire process be the entire game, over and over and over again, isn't fun to you?

What, killing looters, killing weak lords with hordes of recruits again and again, only for them to come back, and talking to a bunch of your fellow zero personality robots lords, about nothing, getting your earned fiefs stolen, while watching your battle AI bug out, and having this entire process be the entire game, over and over and over again, isn't fun to you?

Oh my gosh. spit my water out. :grin:

Coop won´t work, also they can´t make it work. They can´t even get the basic gameplay work.

You're exactly right, sadly this is our reality. BattleTime mod did in 2012 what TaleWorlds couldn't do in 8 years. A functioning version of co-op. Warband is still miles ahead combat wise than bannerlord and it's just pathetic how it's still been like that for a whole damn year.

So many core features are missing and instead they decide to force us into a storyline. I don't want to have a brother at the start of every playthrough. Many people expected the sandbox game we were promised.

What we have now isn't horrible, but it sure is disappointing.

Th story line keeps growing too-which many people (myself included) will play through once and want some other character. What gave Warband replay value was the different roles you could play. At the very least we should be able to name our siblings if they are going to force that on us. I already am super board with my family showing up and the lame bit of writing that accompanies it.

I was hoping they would steal every good thing from the hundreds of mods for Warband, plus add some icing to the cake.

But I do wish Multiplayer was closer to the original.

You're exactly right, sadly this is our reality. BattleTime mod did in 2012 what TaleWorlds couldn't do in 8 years. A functioning version of co-op. Warband is still miles ahead combat wise than bannerlord and it's just pathetic how it's still been like that for a whole damn year.
It´s the same as in 2012. TW relies on modders, people who work for free in their spare time. Without modders this game would be bad. TW doesn´t care.

Back
Top Bottom