Need More Info [Mount Blade 2 Bannerlord] Crash As soon as I set foot in a city

Users who are viewing this thread

I bought the game recently and I immediately noticed that as soon as I set foot in a big city [Amitatys] the game crashes and crashes with an amd window appearing that says: NSIS ERROR, and then another window that says:
“D3d_device_context _-> Map to rglGPU_device :: lock_texture failed!
The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action. "
Given that I have an AMD RX 5700XF GPU and an AMD Ryzen 7 3800X CPU with 3.89 GHz and 16 GB of RAM.
Let's also point out that I don't have any mods installed apart from those already present at purchase.
All this seems absurd to me, both because my hardware is very performing especially for this game and both because I don't have any mods activated and no gpu overclock as has been suggested to me several times by some users on the internet. I can not get out of this situation, I would like some clarification.

Last edited:
I'm not a dev but maybe I can help ?

(1) There seems to be links to corrupt shaders with this bug. Search in the forums on deleting shaders and re-downloading.
(2) You might also try reducing the "Performance" down to Low ? Just to see it stops the crashes.
(3) Run the game in a Windows Box. If you have a 4K monitor, run the game in a 2560 X 1440 window box.

Hope one of these helps.

This crash is a GPU crash. Which is different from the other crashes that can be caused by gameplay actions. While we are still investigating the issue there is not a definite fix that we can offer to support this issue at the moment. You can try the workaround below but please note that it is not a solid fix. Thanks for reporting. Sorry for any inconvenience.
A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE Crash
If you are crashing in the middle of the game with the “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” error, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
Expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here.

Any updates on this issue? I am also experiencing the same crash when stepping foot into a city like Amitatys and Onira. I'm playing on version 1.1.6, unmodded and I have a sort of similar hardware specs as the original submitter LasTBaKo.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
RAM: 32.0 GB
GPU: 5700XT
Game is running off of a 1TB NVME SSD.

Other than the usual basic troubleshooting steps such as verifying the files' integrity and deleting the Bannerlord folder under C:\ProgramData, I've also followed the instructions posted by the community support member in increasing the swap size. Per that guide, the minimum pagefile size is 1.5x the physical memory and the maximum is 4x that, therefore my minimum pagefile size is 48GB and the maximum is 128GB, surely that's more than enough.😅

I also went as far as doing a clean driver install for my GPU as I thought it maybe the issue until I found this thread. I used DDU to uninstall my GPU drivers and then re-installed them again. I'm not experiencing this sort of issue with other games that I play.

This crash is a GPU crash. Which is different from the other crashes that can be caused by gameplay actions. While we are still investigating the issue there is not a definite fix that we can offer to support this issue at the moment. You can try the workaround below but please note that it is not a solid fix. Thanks for reporting. Sorry for any inconvenience.
A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE Crash
If you are crashing in the middle of the game with the “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” error, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
Expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here.
Thanks so much for the reply but I've already tried this option and nothing has changed

Lately I've been experiencing the same crash described in this thread.
Sometimes it happens at the beginning of sieges, more rarely in some battle scenes.
I can trigger it consistently by entering a town scene (Amitatys) from the town menu.

Happens both with and without mods. Also tried a fresh install, shader cache purged, new game, still happens.
Tried increasing the pagefile size (0GB -> 4GB), doesn't make a difference. Should I increase it further?

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
RAM: 32 GB

Sometimes it happens at the beginning of sieges, more rarely in some battle scenes.
I can trigger it consistently by entering a town scene (Amitatys) from the town menu.

Happens both with and without mods. Also tried a fresh install, shader cache purged, new game, still happens.
Tried increasing the pagefile size (0GB -> 4GB), doesn't make a difference. Should I increase it further?

Specs:

try Performance LOW, with shadows turned OFF. Then you'll know if it's linked to shaders.

try Performance LOW, with shadows turned OFF. Then you'll know if it's linked to shaders.
Tried it, all settings at minimum, everything disabled, still consistently crashing in Amitatys town scene.

Out of curiosity I tested it on Linux too with proton, and I cannot reproduce it there, can walk around Amytatis without issues. Haven't had the time to test it extensively to see if the crash can be triggered any other way.

Also tested with dxvk on Windows, just to see if Vulkan had anything to do with fixing the crash on Linux, but it still crashed with dxvk.

Specs:
Same GPU, i have 32gb on my cache file, it doesn't do a thing.

Back
Top Bottom