Mount and Blade Wish List

Users who are viewing this thread

calimer

Recruit
Mount and Blade wish list -

In the list I'm trying to be realistic for each version and that's how I divided the lists.

For the next version:
- Defending castles returning.  Also I would really like to get rid of that automated castle siege stuff where you automatically lose troops for putting up a ladder.  If there is a part where you need to put up a ladder the player should be able to attempt it him or herself.  The whole rest of game is completely interactive, why take it away there.  Also when defending castles, there needs to be an easier way than going to castle and resting and hope that the enemy unit stays there.  That wastes a lot of game time and is quite tedious.  I think that if your unit is "underneath" the area of the castle when they are attacked they should be able to fight from it, or some other method.
- Battle sizer allowing up to 1000 - using that new mod that enables it makes for some really cool battles!!
- Athletics doing more.  Even with athletics at 7 and very light weapons and armor my guy doesn't move very fast.
- I'm indifferent about this but my brother really thinks that ironflesh should raise more hitpoints
- chests in castles to store items.  Also it would be kind of cool if there was a jail in the castles too for when you store prisoners, kind of like how you see the troops when you select visit on a castle you own.
- Get rid of that party penalty for NPCS.  It is only hurting gameplay, not helping or making anything more interesting.  Also adding more NPCS would be cool.
- AI being more responsive to commands, especially actually holding position when asked to.
- I would like more control over what units I actually send into battle too.  Sometimes I don't always want my archers to fight, or don't want certain units getting involved and putting them somewhere remote with hold position won't do the trick.
- More quests and interesting ideas.  More bounty hunter related quests might be interesting, and also toppling rulers and such.  Also maybe having to search for someone in a town and battling it out in the town would be interesting.
- Faster navigation through towns would be nice too.  It is annoying to have to run into the town on horseback and go to the weapon/armor shops, when with the merchants you can just select it from the town menu.
- Unique weapons would be interesting, especially if received after a quest.  I'm sure some of the blacksmiths are better than others and could make some special weapons, especially for the right price.

For the final version:
- The ability to siege and capture enemy towns and have to keep them defended from attack
- More plot and storyline with the swadarians and vagiers.  I can never decide which side to help since they both seem just about the same.  That is a reason I like darkmod a lot because it has clear good and evil sides.  Perhaps a third faction that strives to dominate everyone would be really cool to have.  It would be really cool to be in a defensive position where invaders are pouring in and there is a fanatic struggle to defend the homeland and drive back the invaders.  If people don't like the idea of "good and evil" then how about a third faction that is barbarian invaders that are trying to take everyone out and plunder things, much like vikings.
- I know this is a huge stretch but the ability to construct your own castles/towns and defend them.  It would be neat to be able to populate them too with more than just soldiers, such as having merchants and such.
- The AI is already quite good when compared to other games but there can be a lot improved on too.  One thing that drives me crazy is when I give a bow to an NPC who has a horse and they just run up into the fray when I have hold position set.  Also horsemen in general like to charge forth when I just want them to sit and chill.  So maybe there should be a hold camp where they can attack stuff when they get relatively near, and then hold position should be just stay there and don't move.  Also archers need to be able to create a better formation where they stand side by side.  They do a decent job at getting out of each others way but could do better.  Formations in general would be interesting especially if you could create your own.
- Some kind of stats system might be interesting where it keeps track of how many guys you killed and what kinds and such.
- The ability to record battles and output them to AVI or something.  It would be cool to be able to replay some videos of battles that happened, although fraps could be used I guess, but it is a bit limited and outputs huge files.
- Jousting tournaments.  Also it would be cool to have tournaments in general where you fight harder opponents each time and fight to be the champion.  Perhaps each city could have their own unique challenges.

I think that's all I have for now but I know I'm forgetting things.  I'll update it if I think of more.  Take care.
-calimer

In any case, please don't let there be a "good" and "evil" side. Approximately 27981249 games already feature these, including approximately 19875 where you can choose between being "good" or "evil". I want a choice between being Swadian and Vaegir, and perhaps even more factions. Fleshing out these factions is obviously desirable, as long as this does not turn them into good vs. evil.

calimer said:
- Battle sizer allowing up to 1000 - using that new mod that enables it makes for some really cool battles!!

yeah, show me a computer that would run that smoothly, and I'll show you a flying cow.

Worbah said:
calimer said:

yeah, show me a computer that would run that smoothly, and I'll show you a flying cow.

there could be adjustments made that would make it possible. Like I hate the moments when I turn on my horse and look the direction where my army is and the game stutters even though I don't see them!

Worbah said:
calimer said:

I didn't say that I use the 1000 setting, but there is already a mod out that allows that so it should be easy to integrate the settings.  I currently set it at 150 and it is awesome, much more interesting than the 40 limit, it actually seems like a real battle now.  Perhaps I will post some video of it.  And down the road I'm sure there will be computers that can handle the 1000 setting, so why not have it for the people that can use it?

Regarding the good and evil sides, don't necessarily need to have an "evil" but what about barbarian invaders?  This has been common throughout history so it makes sense.  With the current sides I always go neutral because both factions seem basically identical.  Take care.
-calimer

EDIT this video shows the battlesizer in action:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,20656.0.html

I set the limit in 80, and I consider myself the owner of a decent computer. It's a 2800+ AMD, 1 Ghz of RAM, and a Nvidia 6600 GT. doesn't run too smooth, even with half the eyecandy turned off.

Worbah said:
I set the limit in 80, and I consider myself the owner of a decent computer. It's a 2800+ AMD, 1 Ghz of RAM, and a Nvidia 6600 GT. doesn't run too smooth, even with half the eyecandy turned off.

1ghz? pretty lame...sorry to say. But everything else is decent.

I like some of these suggestions...such as the making it easier to visit town people. I really hate going to new towns because you have to waste 1 minute finding the merchant guy or the tavern...call me lazy.

I guess I did post this in the wrong area.  Perhaps a moderator could kindly move it to the "Kings Guild" or whatever it is.  What does everyone think of the suggestions and anyone want to add or refute anything?

My system is an AMD 2600+ with a nvidia 5600 256ram and I have 1gig of ram.  Having the battle size at 150 does cause some slowdown but isn't too bad and the amount of chaos is certainly worth it.  I love how there isn't just one battle, but many side battles.  I joined two armies that each had 300 and it was so awesome seeing the enemy pile down a hillside at us.  I've tried to make some videos using fraps and some have come out okay but it lags the game a lot and messes up the fighting.  I seem to do 0 damage a lot too with fraps on :sad:  I have all the graphical stuff off except permanent bodies and dynamic lighting.  Seeing the left over bodies is the best part :grin:  Take care.
-calimer

The latest version of battlesizer can be set to 1000 and it is fairly simple to mod even higher limits into native, somebody made a minimod with easily customizable battlesize. I have had battles with 600 men on my computer and it still ran about 5 fps, not bad for Pentium 4 3.01 Ghz and 512MB RAM with a crappy Intel 64MB shared graphics card...

I'm yet to try the battlesizer out on my rig...AMD 5000+ with 2 gigs ram :grin:

Probably my GFX card that will be the bottleneck though as it's only a midrange x1950 Pro...

Runs perfectly fine with all settings maxed out though...

Rawr!

Skyrage said:

Probably my GFX card that will be the bottleneck though as it's only a midrange x1950 Pro...

Rawr!

Yes, time you stopped bragging and showed us what your beast can really do

(turn all settings down to minimum... impoty yourself a level 100 character, that should get the party sizes up enough...)

sneakey pete said:
Skyrage said:

Rawr!

Yes, time you stopped bragging and showed us what your beast can really do

(turn all settings down to minimum... impoty yourself a level 100 character, that should get the party sizes up enough...)

Sorry, but I am still so happy over my new baby :razz:

Updated my main post with the idea of having jousting tournaments and also adding further tournaments to the current ones where the battles increase in difficulty after each win and you strive to be the tournament champion.  Also I added the idea of a third faction of barbarian/viking invaders that seek to plunder and destroy.  Take care.
-calimer

I'm not suggesting battles of over 1000 or even battles of 1000.  Check out the battlesizer mod and you'll see what I mean.  It gives a warning for battlesizes over 200, which is a good idea.  I currently use 150, as I've stated before and the difference between that and the 40 in native is unbelievably different.  Now instead of one small battle, there are many small battles taking place all over the battlefield.  It is much more immersive and the main character seems more like "one of the troops" instead of the main guy that has to go around and kill everything.  I recently joined a battle of 300 fighting 300 and wow.  The enemy was pouring down a mountainside and there were three separate battles happening at once.  I maneuvered to the rear and cut down the archers, it was so awesome.  So anyway, the point is, 40 as a max battlesize is way too small.  1000 is a good number because even though not many machines could handle it now, many could do it in the future and just giving a warning after 200 or earlier would help a lot.  Take care.
-calimer

This forum has definitely strayed from its original purpose, in that a few people seem to care only about how fast their computers are. That's nice, but I think it would be more productive if we addressed that which this post was created for.  I agree with calimer in that the battle size should be increased, but before that can be successful, we need the programmers to care more about gameplay than about graphics.  I really like the idea of raiders threatening the borders, as it would really add into the interchange between the two dominant powers.  Maybe one way the programmers could make us care about the raids is to provide some sort of stake that the player has in the development of the region. For example, if one wishes to have their own territory, allow him/her to be able to take control of Zendar, and expand its territory from there. If he/she is a loyalist, allow him/her to climb the ladder within a kingdom, by completing the existing missions system, until they are a count. He/she would then care about the internal strife within the lands he/she is responsible for. In regards to the iron flesh point, I agree with calimer's brother in that it should be addressed, but I don't think he cares as much about the massive amounts of hit points, but with the fact that with all of the other upgrades that are available (bow skills and speed, for example); proportionally,  there aren't any abilities to improve one's defensive capabilities. Finally, I really appreaciate the ability to save one's character so he/she doesn't have to start fresh with each new version. Could this, perhaps, be expanded to include Marnid, Borcha, and perhaps the player's army?
Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom