Most wanted module system additions

Users who are viewing this thread

-Changeable experience table
-Skills and/or Prof's that go past 10 or 699

oh... Is anyone using Effid's ItemEditor here? Because a lot of people are asking about things that can be easily done with it.

I've just thought of somthing

The ability to use skeletal models as boots. That way we could have boots and leggings with smoother transitions to the legs.

As mentioned before, the ability to make the 0-9 command slots modifiable in-game, with troops being assigned to those slots in the Party Screen prior to the battle beginning. This way, even if you have commandable allies in that battle you can command them efficiently. The battle advantage would determine how many squads you can bring onto the battlefield at a time (minimum 1, max 9) and how many troops you can allot to a squad. When a squad dies, the next squad in reserve comes in.

Seems reasonable no?

Currently agent_get_weilded_item crashed the game, when you have nothing in your hand. If it returned -1 instead, I'd be very happy.

I'd like to add +1 to the others that have mentioned implementing at least the option for a Realistic Combat Mod (RCM) like that by Ron Losey.  Playing .951 I'm hitting opponents with 3 arrows from a Nomad Bow with Power Draw 3 and they're still fighting.  Very unsatisfying.  Even horses with no armor are absorbing arrows like pin cushions.  In addition, my Balanced Heavy Sabre (32c) requires 3 shots to the face most times. 

RCM greatly enhances "The Last Days" mod (.803 version) and it (with permission, of course) or something similar as an option would make many of us smile like a Sea Raider drinking from your skull.

--------

Second suggestion is something similar to the "shield bash" suggestion in its own thread except that it would be used to break stun lock and would create a small amount of distance from your attacker when landed - useful for weapons with longer reaches and for multiple opponents.  It could be countered by a well-timed block, having the effect of briefly stunning the attacker and creating no distance.

A general request to.....lift the limits.  All of them.  Up the slots, up the items, etc.  By a lot.  Double at least, quadruple better. 

These limits are really crimping some of the larger mods.  It is making bug-hunting rather hellish and further development practically a waste of time. 

The new stuff in 903 native stole a lot of space (esp. slots) we previously had available.  Mods that worked fine before now have to be achingly shoe-horned in with lots of work-arounds.  I'm guessing the next version will snatch away even more.  We need more space.  A LOT more space.

One more thing: maybe this is a wire-crossing problem from breached limits, but was a new logic for regs & strings introduced in 903?  It seems like it was, for dialogues which worked perfectly fine in 808, are now throwing up nonsense.  Maybe it's just me, but I can't detect the logical structure of when to specify reg & str in the new system (if there is one).  It's all a bit hit-or-miss -  sometimes strings specified in conditional blocks show up in the dialogues, other times they don't.  For a while I thought it was the new dates messing up everything, so I redid all the registers again.  Solved some problems.  But not all.  It all seems a lot more arbitrary. If some consistency could be introduced again, or at least guidance for the new system, it would be helpful.  Or maybe some unknown other limit has been breached?

[Apologies if I sound a bit frustrated.  Been a long day.]

Just a quick thought... amongst all the different locations for sheathed items/quivers, would it be possible to have one for the left hand? So that throwing spears could be held in the left hand  and things.. oh so many many things.

It would be nice to have some changes to skill limititing system.
Now there are two limits, first works everywhere for troop_raise_skill, for  character screen, for values that sets in module_troops.py, and the second is 1/3 of base attribute that works  for  character screen.

It would be useful if the way how the second limit worked, was totally handed by scripts.

sorry if I´m ignorant but I´ve never tried the module system.

I would like a simple way to edit/script dialouge to characters. Kind of like the one found in Neverwinter nights module tool would be nice (if possible)

I´d want to make a very character driven game, where you play as a lord of a kingdom and interact with other nobles, merchants, generals etc and they react differently to you and your actions depending on how you behave and what you do. Sorry for ranting my dreams xDDD

i would like... cultural tags... so that i can limit weapon and armor sales to specific cities.

seems odd that khergs might have an abundance of nordic weapons and armor. maw

The Khergits are just trying to get rid of some battlefield loot, Maw.  :grin:

But I agree with your suggestion, the items should be more exclusive to their cultural factions cities...

the first thing i want to carry out in M&B is dancing with my troops after winning.
    get the number of people, separate them with same distance on a circle, then bow, jump and yell....
this is also useful for some complex formation.

but how to set their position ?  you need to calculate:  X2 = R*cos(PI/n*order)  Y2 = R*sin(PI/n*order) 

without the basic sin and cos function, we had to build up a complex way of Taylor Expanding,  or search in a defined list to get near value

I had search for “sin”  “cos”  but got nothing,  that‘s what I want in the operation list

-- add val_sin  val_cos  as an operation function.

They are.
Code:
store_sin              = 2127  # (store_sin, <destination_fixed_point>, <value_fixed_point>), takes sine of the value that is in degrees
store_cos              = 2128  # (store_cos, <destination_fixed_point>, <value_fixed_point>), takes cosine of the value that is in degrees
store_tan              = 2129  # (store_tan, <destination_fixed_point>, <value_fixed_point>), takes tangent of the value that is i

The ability to change the time of day for custom battles (quick battles) by an operation, that way I can ask the player what time of day they want the custom battle to be.

Back
Top Bottom