Most wanted module system additions

Users who are viewing this thread

maw said:
i would like... cultural tags... so that i can limit weapon and armor sales to specific cities.

seems odd that khergs might have an abundance of nordic weapons and armor. maw

I'm with you.  I once decided I would make 'ethnic' weapons most prevalent in the appropriate cities.  Setting the price variation as if the weapons (and horses) were trade goods turned out to be the only option, and it took a lot of copy and pasting to get just a few items done.

Maybe there should be the option of tag(variable), as a custom tag, in the way that there are custom skills ?

Highlander said:
Well, we have sine and cosine, but arcsine and arccosine are missing.
I wonder for what purposes you need these functions.
Anyway module system allows to write code that solves equation sin(x)=y  and finds  arcsine of y.

Rongar said:
Highlander said:
Well, we have sine and cosine, but arcsine and arccosine are missing.
I wonder for what purposes you need these functions.
Anyway module system allows to write code that solves equation sin(x)=y  and finds  arcsine of y.
Yeah, I know I could make some kind of a function like
Code:
For i = 1 To 360
  if sin(x)==y
    result = x
  end
end
But that's not elegant at all and I think it would quite cpu killing if used often.

I already had pretty many purposes, where I thought I'd need them. For example I have an agent or a cannon that should turn into the direction of his target.

But that's not elegant at all and I think it would quite cpu killing if used often.
Agree.

I already had pretty many purposes, where I thought I'd need them. For example I have an agent or a cannon that should turn into the direction of his target.
I think for such purpose it is better to have function like
(face_agent[mesh]_to_target,<agent>,<target>)

The system time is unchangeable ?  or how to refuse the night on terrain map mode ?

to my new mod, it is about 2000 years' long journey, one night to me is a 5 years DARK AGE  : (

Hi there, my request would be for better sword in sheath animation.  Something so satisfying by the long shrill sliding sound after your finished chopping down a bunch of guys.

Not that its a big deal or anything.  Goes by so quick now I cant enjoy it is all. 

Wrong thread. And the reason it's so quick is because of the way M&B weapons work, it's already gone from your hand before the animation plays. If it was slower, you'd notice the empty hand.

someone might be able to just explain this one to me, but I'd like to have more face/skin control in modding.  Doing it all with the ingame editor, so far as I can see with trial and error, means you have a 'standard' face, rather than faces within the range (x-y).

in the language of many youngsters... plz hlp.

can we show some movie in the M&B ?  just call the binkplay.exe in the root directory,  and set some parameters of the detail......

The module system converts this game into a marvellous constructor set.
But I skill hope there will be new version of the game and the module system expanded with lot of features. 
Manitas said:
agent_remove
badly.

agent_make_unconscious
very useful.
It always amazes me when I see how horses disappear from battlefield, and I wonder why the module system doesn't allow using  this opportunity manually and for human type agents too.

Badump.

I hear rumblings so I do.

Just for a moment, imagine there was going to be a patch, just imagine

What do we hope for?

I'll pull up a few oldies of mine

some module_skill functions don't seem to work. If I flag a few native skills as unused, it messes up the whole thing and makes some skills unselectable.

amongst all the different locations for sheathed items/quivers, would it be possible to have one for the left hand? So that throwing spears could be held in the left hand  and things.

incorporate the weapon procificiencies into the module system, same as the skills, so that we can create weaponskill (artillery) or weaponskill (fists) etc.
Also, if this is not already in the module system, the ability to link weapon requirements to something other than strength!

They managed to fix the 'cant_use_on_horseback' flag.
would be nice if they finally fixed 'cant_reload_on_horseback' too.

Back
Top Bottom