B Other More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10

Users who are viewing this thread

unknown3056 said:
This mod is great. But I have one problem.
On the world map, I keep hearing that one sound when you are near a battle every time I move.
Did you use the sounds.txt from the Warband subfolder in the archive?

Buuky said:
unknown3056 said:
This mod is great. But I have one problem.
On the world map, I keep hearing that one sound when you are near a battle every time I move.
Did you use the sounds.txt from the Warband subfolder in the archive?

I did. Well, I am not really sure, but I know I did. I will check.

Can we get a Sounds.txt with native cavalry for this version as well? Or tell me how to change it and I'll see if I can do it myself. :smile:

Flash Vium said:
Can we get a Sounds.txt with native cavalry for this version as well? Or tell me how to change it and I'll see if I can do it myself. :smile:
Sure: http://www.sendspace.com/file/o3z61o

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
One minor thing to suggest if I may,june,july..lol  :grin: Firearms sounds need to be raised  higher, it's one and only thing I ever didnt like, the rest, EXCELENT!
Do you mean the gunshot sounds or the bow/crossbow sounds?

Thanks for the sounds.txt!

@jamieroyle22
Edit the Module.ini line "scan_module_sounds = 0" to "1"  that should do the trick.

this resets after a big patch I believe, so remember to do it. It is also specified in the readme, aswell as in the opening post.  :roll:

Edit: I've tested the Sounds.txt you linked now, and there seems to be some of the sounds missing. For example I can't hear when people jump or land, and there may be other things as well. How do I fix this, if I still want the native cavalry sounds? :smile:

Flash Vium said:
Edit: I've tested the Sounds.txt you linked now, and there seems to be some of the sounds missing. For example I can't hear when people jump or land, and there may be other things as well. How do I fix this, if I still want the native cavalry sounds? :smile:
oops! sorry, I accidentally deleted the jumping sounds while on foot when editing the file.
Fixed sounds.txt for native horse sounds: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1699kp

Thank you very much! And thanks for this mod again.

By the way, you might want to change the title of this thread to reflect the update?  :wink:

There's still no sound when you hit players with an arrow. Sure, you can hear it up close from their perspective, but you haven't a clue if you hit from a far.

Flash Vium said:
By the way, you might want to change the title of this thread to reflect the update?  :wink:
Can't believe I missed that. Thanks for the reminder.

Superpal said:
There's still no sound when you hit players with an arrow. Sure, you can hear it up close from their perspective, but you haven't a clue if you hit from a far.
Strange, I have no problems with hearing arrow impacts from a distance. Maybe this could be a problem with your speaker setup? Does the same problem occur with native arrow impact sounds?

Checkmaty said:
Superpal said:
Strange, I have no problems with hearing arrow impacts from a distance. Maybe this could be a problem with your speaker setup? Does the same problem occur with native arrow impact sounds?

No, the arrow impacts are fine in native. :sad: thing is, I really dislike native after using this mod, haha.

The ranged succesful-hit-sound works in multiplayer, from what I've heard, but that's not the case for singleplayer. Just thought I'd clarify it.

Flash Vium said:
The ranged succesful-hit-sound works in multiplayer, from what I've heard, but that's not the case for singleplayer. Just thought I'd clarify it.

No, I'm having no sound in either multiplayer and singleplayer.

Hello, I'm just new to the forum so I want first  to thanks all the never sleeping guys & modders for their work !

Just a quick description of some issues I have with the sound mod :

- Horse sound in the overview map isn't the good one : some kind of beginning of a crowd sound (i think this sample sound is truncated and looped). Really annoying Bug !
- Lots of ambient sound are missing in villages and towns (red error messages appears)
- some breaking stuff/wood (?) sound when entering  tavern or hall...
- arena public sounds in villages (i thought it was a kind of party ^^)

In my opinion sounds are great during fight scene, much more bass defined sounds, The horse feeling is much much heavier !

A some more I cant remember for now.
I'll write them here as I find them .

I play Warband version 1.125
I hope this post will be usefull. If these bugs are known, just tell me....

PS : sorry for my poor English ... I had a headache to find the word "crowd". And no ! Google will not replace my brain!  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom