B Other More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Thomas di Hookton said:
and, before you tell me, I use sounds.txt from Warband folder.

The wrong sounds are the steps in the map, the screams, the moo in the sieges

Are you using windows 7? Alot of the time you can't simply extract and overwrite using winrar, you have to delete the old file and drag the new into the folder.

This is rather strange:

I extract the sound files into a modules sound folder, rewrite the .txt file with the Warband one, and edit the .ini line yet I still get the normal sounds for everything.

Any suggestions?

As I can listen to this mod doesn't do any sound differences between hero's banging into soldiers who has metal armor or into soldiers who wears padded  jacket or into bandits who are all in furs or leathers and it is bad.  All the time I am hearing only the same strong, exaggerated metal sound. It seems to me as modding for exchanging anything at all cost.  :???:

BUG!

I REALLY like this mod. But when i installed it for the mount&musket mod the guns started to say crossbow sounds instead of gun sounds (which is not because of the mm mod because it said BANG before and now it doesnt)  :cry:
Please fix it soon!

Lorn said:
I extract the sound files into a modules sound folder, rewrite the .txt file with the Warband one, and edit the .ini line yet I still get the normal sounds for everything.
Any suggestions?
Sounds like you installed the mod to the wrong module. Make sure you install the sounds and sounds.txt to the module you want to play with.

Rad said:
As I can listen to this mod doesn't do any sound differences between hero's banging into soldiers who has metal armor or into soldiers who wears padded  jacket or into bandits who are all in furs or leathers and it is bad.  All the time I am hearing only the same strong, exaggerated metal sound. It seems to me as modding for exchanging anything at all cost.  :???:
Unfortunately you must hit someone who is unarmored (Naked) or cose to unarmored in order for the low armor impacts to play. Can't change this without causing incompatibility with pretty much every mod.

Temae said:
BUG!
I REALLY like this mod. But when i installed it for the mount&musket mod the guns started to say crossbow sounds instead of gun sounds (which is not because of the mm mod because it said BANG before and now it doesnt)  :cry:
Please fix it soon!
For some reason the modders working on that mod decided to use the crossbow sound entries for the gun sounds.
Here is a sounds.txt that replaces the crossbow sounds with the gun sounds: http://www.sendspace.com/file/cow5m5
Side effect is that corssbows will now sound like guns while shooting. This won't be much of a problem with the Mount&Musket mod though.

@N.e.x.u.s.
Tested out the pistol in Warband and the sounds work. Reason why you were getting no sounds was due to using the wrong sounds.txt. Make sure you are using the sounds.txt meant for Warband which can be found in the "Warband" folder of the mod package and not the sounds.txt located with the readme.

Hi mate  :wink:

I use your sounds from the first release and must say I cant play warband without them any more....great, great job!

request: can you add voices when you issue a command to your troops, like Hold this position,Charge etc

Best regards:

Zimke Zlovoljni

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
request: can you add voices when you issue a command to your troops, like Hold this position,Charge etc
Yeah, that would be awesome. I seem to recall some mods that had that, but I'm not sure how much coding is involved.

This mod is great! It's very refreshing after listening to the same old combat sounds over and over and over. Great work.

Checkmaty said:
For some reason the modders working on that mod decided to use the crossbow sound entries for the gun sounds.
Here is a sounds.txt that replaces the crossbow sounds with the gun sounds: http://www.sendspace.com/file/cow5m5
Side effect is that corssbows will now sound like guns while shooting. This won't be much of a problem with the Mount&Musket mod though.

:grin: Thank you!!! For the mod and the.... mod.........  :lol:

EDIT: and Brips, no the others will just hear the normal sounds :smile:

Wow i just checked out the youtube vid that had the more metal sounds going and it sounded truly amazing. Plus i see its usable in the original M&B as well as the current version of Warband. Double plus as im planning on picking up Warband in a bit. I saw in an earlier post that u mentioned in order to not hear the metal type sounds when hitting someone not wearing metal armor they'd either have to be naked or very close to it. Would that be like the very basic cloth type gear and so forth? Im planning on adding in and trying this sound mod out on my original and Warband games as well after i make a quick backup of the original sounds just in case.

Edit: Im also wondering if its just been my luck thats causing this or not since i cant recall from the original M&B but didnt looters have a bit of voice over when you first encounter them on the map? Or were those voices removed perhaps with this sound mod somehow?  I seem to always get the usual voice overs from raiders and the like just looters sometimes seem .. quiet o.o

I uploaded this battle loop sound to the repository.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1978

I think It sounds better than the old one.
I suggest you use it in your instead of the old one :smile:

Can anyone tell me how to replace the bow and xbow sounds with the native ones? I asked in game and they said that it's not as simple as just replacing the actual sound files. Also there was a file sounds.txt here but that link is dead.
Also does this work ok with crpg?

PsykoOps said:
Can anyone tell me how to replace the bow and xbow sounds with the native ones? I asked in game and they said that it's not as simple as just replacing the actual sound files. Also there was a file sounds.txt here but that link is dead.
Also does this work ok with crpg?
But the bow and Xbow Sounds are niccceee  :razz:

They sound too 'loose' in my opinion. More like kids toy bows. Native ones had some 'umpf' in them and I like that. Also I'm on edge about the cavalry sounds in this mod. Too much bass. Might want to change those back to native ones also.

PsykoOps said:
Also I'm on edge about the cavalry sounds in this mod. Too much bass. Might want to change those back to native ones also.

You're the 5th person to request that. There's a modified Sounds.txt A few pages back. Go get it :wink:

Back
Top Bottom