Monthly Official Formations Event! (On ice)

Users who are viewing this thread

KickingJoub

Grandmaster Knight
Formations Event!

When: 2nd Saturday of each month (13th September 2014)
At what time: 5.30pm GMT (BST during summer time) Click here for your timezone
Teamspeak IP: 195.249.188.149
Channel: Rome at War Lobby
Contact KickingJoub on steam or post a message here if you have any questions that can't be answered by reading the thread.

[size=13pt]The Goal​
The objective of this event is to recreate ancient warfare to the extent allowed by Warband. Basically this means clashing battlelines without the usual flanking and mayhem of the Saturday Shieldbattle, which will not be hosted during the Formations Event. Winning should be considered secondary to the experience. The Formations event will rely upon the players ability to follow rules and orders.Therefore the event is closed and giving out the password to anyone (not on teamspeak) will result in being removed from the event and future participation of said person to be questioned.

If you feel confident in your competence as a leader able to command clearly and calmly, with a decent knowledge of the mod's features, post a reply to this thread with your basic information. No admin proficiency would be expected of these leaders.
Organisation
If you wish to participate simply show up on the teamspeak server and channel mentioned above no more than 25 minutes after the time listed. After that the password for the faction channels and server is given out and participants will move to the two channels depending on which faction they wish to play as. As a player, due to the nature of the event, we ask that you speak sparingly.

Clan stacking is discouraged and if team imbalance happens then clans which have mostly joined the same faction will be asked to balance the teams out. Of course language barriers will be taken into account. The factions and formations will be announced on this thread at least a few days before each event. These announcements will also include troop info and at least a link for more on the formations used.
The Rules
  • Failure to adhere to these rules will result in harsh punishment.
  • Standard official server rules apply.
  • Stay in the formation at all costs.
  • Listen to your faction leader. Not your clan leader or anyone else.
  • Flanking before the wast majority of the enemy has died is not allowed.
    • Though it may be tempting to flank the enemy formation if you happen to be on the far ends of the formation you shall not do so.
    • After battle has been joined and the lines start dying you are expected to frequently reform the lines instead of charging behind the enemy.

First event date and faction announcement!
It shall be a Makedonia VS Epeiros pike block battle. Chosen for being a fairly easy to start off with event and pikes are not prone to teamkilling (unlike spears)​

B870DEE040072F7BEF7A402EAEC6988A5F04766C

892A64C1AC482C91BA2B11F600F53010672E3F12

65A081B99DB5CBADFEC246287DF58E56B82D1ACB

B4FBA5B90C1285D99B1FF01FDD4D798B35D15A1B

DD2D0DA6784D93B99BA714DEAD02B4C3EF91611B

Pics here, please put them in spoilers :smile:

Great event, nice turnout, happy of how it went (for the first one). We'll take what we learned and improve the next event with it! Next month again!

Now some pictures:
5upTJy0.jpg
tW7QdhF.jpg
rhCsvYC.jpg
M1YJpX0.jpg
Vs7lPJW.jpg

Second event date and faction announcement! 10th of May.
It shall be a Romani VS Safinim manipular formation recreation event (for the most part, we'll have normal battle rounds at the end).​

This means that the event will indeed have skirmishers, cavalry, light infantry, medium infantry and heavy infantry. All made up of their own hosts working together to create a fun event. That's the main goal, though breaking rules and not following orders is obviously not allowed.

How it'll go down (in the recreation rounds at least): First there's a skirmishing phase by cavalry, light infantry and skirmishers. Then there'll be the general fighting, flanking and what will end up as mayhem part. Stick to your designated formation at all times as much as possible however.

Pretty damn nice event, though not quite as many people as was hoped and not quite as much formations as was hoped, but fun nonetheless! Community saw the community and seemed to like it, the hidden objective of this event :wink:

Something I might suggest for next month's event is maybe to stream it on twitch.tv or at least have some videos recorded of it.

Gewehr98 said:
Something I might suggest for next month's event is maybe to stream it on twitch.tv or at least have some videos recorded of it.

I could record them, but I'm kind of hosting them so it wouldn't work too well possibly. I'll see if I can figure something out for the next event, I didn't have much time to do so for the last one :sad:

KickingJoub said:
Gewehr98 said:

I could record them, but I'm kind of hosting them so it wouldn't work too well possibly. I'll see if I can figure something out for the next event, I didn't have much time to do so for the last one :sad:

Maybe someone could volunteer to spec and record? If nobody else steps up I will do it (if the server is spacious enough for a spectator and my schedule is amenable to it).

Gewehr98 said:
KickingJoub said:
Gewehr98 said:

Maybe someone could volunteer to spec and record? If nobody else steps up I will do it (if the server is spacious enough for a spectator and my schedule is amenable to it).

The server can certainly hold you and the schedule will be the same for every formations event. Recording would be much apprediciated, and I'll ask around to find others who could be willing to do it :smile:

Back
Top Bottom