Mongol Invasion Information and General Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok so...

Mongol - Led by Ben

Mongol: Invasion of China - led by Wei.Xiadi

Mongol: Invasion of the Middle-East - led by Kongol Khan

Mongol: Civil Wars (last mod) - led by...all 3 of us??

hmm, we may drop civil wars since we already have so much to do.  But lets concentrate on the now shall we, if we don't get more contributors I doubt we'll reach Mongol Invasion anytime soon (like years lol)

so lets all stop worrying about Mod no.3

we need contrbutors and supporters and we need to make Mongol, our first modification to really have an impact on our fans, so that they feel OBLIGED to download our others :grin:

Have you guys decided the strarting date? Perhaps it will be easier to decide the faction by knowing first the date.. I prefer seljuk sultanate of rum... They exist until 1307 though...

Don't let the spoil your vision for a mod.  You're the project leader, so the lead the project in the direction you want.

the direction i previously wanted was historically inaccurate, and i do not want it historically inaccurate. ill figure something out, we have plenty of time.

Well the invasion of the middle east was made by a disunited Mongol Empire in the first place. The title of the mod called "Mongol Invasion of the middle-east" is pretty much still an Altaic civil war with Turkic and Mongolic leaders throwing nations at each other. So historically, the real invasion of the middle-east was Mongols vs Khwarezm... though dam, Khwarezmians had Turkic rulers too!!!

Heck, might as well just proceed as planned, thats my opinion. The only real middle-eastern faction in that era was the Ayyubids (My spelling SUCKS) before the Mamluk usurption of the Sultanate. Heh - if you want real Mongol civil wars though - thats in the Temur/Tokhtamysh era. Temur wanted to reforge the Mongol empire, but ended up just destroying each individual khanate before dying onroute to China.

Hmmm... I know this isn't my area, and not my mod, but you are going to simplify this a little, right?  Seeming a little too complex at the moment, in my opinion.  Four or five factions, but large ones, and to have three tribes battling eachother, while battling a Saracen kingdom, would be just fine.  Other than the fact that this is not my area of expertise, I think I like where you're project is going, Kongol.

Well there is also a 6th faction - Seljuk/Ottoman Turks who were actually going through the transition as well in this period! So this era is very very interesting. Historically the Kipchak Khanate didn't expand south, they were pretty much content with extorting all the East European princes. The Chagatai Khanate was too busy governing the silk road in central Asia. But the Ilkhanids however, no, they were warring alright - big time. Delhi princes... dunno what they were doing though - I only know stuff about them after Babur's invasion and formation of the Mughal state.

To simplify everything you can just include the Seljuks/Ottoman Turks, Ayyubids and Ilkhanids. But then again inclusion of the Kipchak Khanate, Chagatai Khanate, and Delhi sultanate will make the mod VERY interesting.

Well, they don't all have to be represented as factions, remember, we can make unlimited tribes and groups represented as troops, but if you're doing khanates, they should be factions, I guess.

Please do ask for assistance with the Delhi Sultanate if it is needed. I may not be to design 3d items or mounts but I know a bit about the region at the time.

Oh and if you were to start the game off from 1250 CE then the ruler should be Nasiruddin Mahmud. I think it was his father,Iltutmish, that gave refuge to Alauddin, the Shah of Khorzem though.

Well the main reason why I wanted the Delhi's (or the Raj's, my original idea) was because I wanted to change some horses into elephants. But now I read around the forums and notice that it is only possible to make an elephant look giant, but it will still act and get hit as if it were a regular horse (no matter the size).

But yes when the time comes i will ask you for advice im sure :smile:

Well it would be nice to do the whole Babur invasion 3 centuries prior  :mrgreen:

BTW you mean you can't modify the hitzone?

It requires ages to properly train animal for successful use in combat...

These babies are yet too innocent...

Back
Top Bottom