Modding Tools - please add Loading BMP height map file

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure where to put this .. so I;ll put it here and moderators can move it the correct place.

I've just downloaded the modding tools, and ran it. It takes me directly to map editing, is this correct ? As to the map editor, it looks great, still trying to work it out, but one thing I have noticed is that there is NO creating a map through loading a BMP bit map height file. This is important as you can get satellite earth image data in BMP height map files, this then can be loaded into games to create terrain.

Please add this to the Editor menu.

New Map
load map
Load Height map file
etc

Not sure where to put this .. so I;ll put it here and moderators can move it the correct place.

I've just downloaded the modding tools, and ran it. It takes me directly to map editing, is this correct ? As to the map editor, it looks great, still trying to work it out, but one thing I have noticed is that there is NO creating a map through loading a BMP bit map height file. This is important as you can get satellite earth image data in BMP height map files, this then can be loaded into games to create terrain.

Please add this to the Editor menu.

New Map
load map
Load Height map file
etc
You can load heightmaps into the scene editor, it's an option in the Terrain Property Browser. BMP format is not supported. You need to use 16 bit pgn file to avoid unwanted pixellation/terracing. http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/editor/scene-editor/terrain_creation/

Hi, been playing around -crashing continually .. hmmm I have a 2048 x 2048 - 24 bit black white height map PNG image. Could you recommend a scale and offset to this to work ?

Thanks
I'm not sure if a 24bit heightmap will work. Taleworlds recommend 16 bit heightmaps. If it's ok, you could try 8x8 nodes and 256x256 vertices per node (8x256 = 2,048 ). The length of each node makes no difference to the heightmap used - it just indicates how large the triangles of your terrain mesh will be stretched.

Bear in mind that Taleworlds use a power of 2 plus 1 system. So, ideally you should be using a 2,049x 2,049 height map (2,048 plus a single pixel border).

I'm not sure if a 24bit heightmap will work. Taleworlds recommend 16 bit heightmaps. If it's ok, you could try 8x8 nodes and 256x256 vertices per node (8x256 = 2,048 ). The length of each node makes no difference to the heightmap used - it just indicates how large the triangles of your terrain mesh will be stretched.

Bear in mind that Taleworlds use a power of 2 plus 1 system. So, ideally you should be using a 2,049x 2,049 height map (2,048 plus a single pixel border).

Sad the tool cannot handle higher quality resolutions, I suspect 24 bit would be required for HDR or current high quality 4K resolutions ?? I'm guessing here :grin:

Back
Top Bottom