Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo2255 said:
I am a little confused, could someone help me.

Code:
("musket_smoke", psf_billboard_3d, "prt_mesh_smoke_1",
     65, 10.0, 0.6, 0.0, 58.0, 1.2,     #num_particles, life, damping, gravity_strength, turbulance_size, turbulance_strength
     (0.0, 0.75), (1, 0),       #alpha keys
     (0.0, 0.7), (1, 0.4),      #red keys
     (0.0, 0.7),(1, 0.4),       #green keys
     (0.0, 0.6), (1, 0.4),      #blue keys
     (0, 1.5),   (0.5, 11.0),   #scale keys
     (0.2, 0.1, 0.1),           #emit box size
     (2, 2, 0),                 #emit velocity
     0.1                        #emit dir randomness
    ),

My particles do not show up, can anyone see anything wrong. I had to fix the particle from being to weak one time. Any hints?

Does anyone know of any OSPs or mods that have plate armour with cloaks? Preferably white cloaks but any colour will do. I found one OSP search engine but the link was broken

Help much appreciated

cmpxchg8b said:
Does it work if you add a third dummy skin to module_skins.py (assuming you have 2)?
Ha! Surprisingly, it works!

However, as a side effect, attempt to create a troop without DNA does not result in randomized troop, instead the same face is generated every time. Because of this, I had to rewrite the script as follows:
Code:
    ("setup_troop_meeting",
        [
            (store_script_param_1, ":meeting_troop"),
            (store_script_param_2, ":troop_dna"),
            (try_begin),
                (lt, ":troop_dna", 0),
                (store_random_in_range, ":troop_dna", 0, 2000000000),
            (try_end),
            (call_script, "script_get_meeting_scene"), 
            (assign, ":meeting_scene", reg0),
            (modify_visitors_at_site, ":meeting_scene"),
            (reset_visitors),
            (set_visitor, 0, "trp_player"),
            (set_visitor, 17, ":meeting_troop", ":troop_dna"),
            (set_jump_mission,"mt_conversation_encounter"),
            (jump_to_scene, ":meeting_scene"),
            (change_screen_map_conversation, ":meeting_troop", ":troop_dna"),
        ]
    ),
So after all, it's possible to declare all lords and ladies as regular troops, initialize their dna's, and implement fully dynamic aristocracy, with killable lords and completely fresh aristocrats to replenish the losses. For a moment I feared this idea was dead upon birth.

Great thanks! :smile:

ccllnply said:
Does anyone know of any OSPs or mods that have plate armour with cloaks? Preferably white cloaks but any colour will do. I found one OSP search engine but the link was broken

Help much appreciated
The link wasn't broken, just the old format repository link, which I fixed here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,52336.0.html

If you see a link with http://www.mbrepository.com/....... =####
and it doesn't work, just change it to
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=####

and it will work fine.

Lav said:
Ha! Surprisingly, it works!
Great.
If you were wondering why adding a dummy skin is necessary, the game uses a system where only 32 different faces (16 male, 16 female) are generated, probably for performance reasons. The downside to this system is that DNA doesn't work as expected, because the 16 faces are randomized every time regardless of DNA.
Having any number of skins other than 2 disables this "optimization".

Lav said:
However, as a side effect, attempt to create a troop without DNA does not result in randomized troop, instead the same face is generated every time. Because of this, I had to rewrite the script as follows:
This is intended. If you don't provide a DNA, the game will use the following formula to generate one:
Code:
37 * entry_no + 79 * scene_no + 19 * num_reinforcements_spawned_at_entry + 147 * game_unique_seed;

Caba`drin said:
ccllnply said:

Help much appreciated
The link wasn't broken, just the old format repository link, which I fixed here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,52336.0.html

If you see a link with http://www.mbrepository.com/....... =####
and it doesn't work, just change it to
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=####

and it will work fine.

Ah I see, thank you very much

cmpxchg8b said:
If you were wondering why adding a dummy skin is necessary, the game uses a system where only 32 different faces (16 male, 16 female) are generated, probably for performance reasons. The downside to this system is that DNA doesn't work as expected, because the 16 faces are randomized every time regardless of DNA.
Well, from the moment you suggested to add a third dummy skin it was clear that some "smart hack" was involved. :smile:

cmpxchg8b said:
This is intended. If you don't provide a DNA, the game will use the following formula to generate one:
Hmm, in this case I have a question: won't adding a third skin break face randomization for battle troop waves? All troops in a wave have the same scene, same entry, same number of reinforcements and same unique game seed. If this results in waves of clones, that's no good at all.

Lav said:
Hmm, in this case I have a question: won't adding a third skin break face randomization for battle troop waves? All troops in a wave have the same scene, same entry, same number of reinforcements and same unique game seed. If this results in waves of clones, that's no good at all.
They don't have the same number of reinforcements. First troop will have 0, second troop will have 1, and so on. Counter keeps going on for the entire battle.

1.Guys how can i make messages appear only to a specific player?
2.How can i changes someone skills/attributes and such?
3.How can i equip a character with the equips i decide?

Hi,

there any way to make the game Acknowledge the body area where the strike weapon hit reaches? for example,  "if hit_on_head => assign 2 kills"

thanks

As the title states, my questions have to deal with first off, is it possible, if yes to the former, then how can it be done.

My idea for a mod is magic. I know, I know, you hear people talk about magic in MB and groans start happening. But, magic doesn't have to be kitchy, it can feel real and visceral. That's my goal for my mod, is to make a multiplayer combat game with magic that actually feels good. So now that I've introduced the idea, here are my questions:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Is it possible to add a "mana" pool to players. It wouldn't be scalar or pull of skill (at least not initially), but would be a 100/100 mana pool with some recharging to it. (Like, "if no mana has been used in x time, +2 mana/second")
[*]Can custom weapon types be made. In this case, the overarching type would be "magic" and then you could have attributes like ice and fire. And, if the above is possible, make the mana cost for skills. (Addendum to this: could you create it to where click casting would deal initially damage, but you could hold the spell which would drain more mana but increase damage.)
[/list]

1) Certainly. Check out agent_slots. Quite a bit of coding required though - but certainly do-able!

2) Well... no. But yes... Strictly, you can't add new weapon types, but by using item_slots there are things you can do.

You can read more about slots, and the modsys in general here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142422.0.html

Ok, thanks for the info. I'm excited to do proper coding because I'm pretty good with python and trying to cement a skill in modding/game design.

Is it possible to put boats in the game? I've seen screenshots of them, but not many questions about them. I'm new, so i might be missing something completely obvious in front of my face, but I'd like some help.

Hi,  :smile:
is there a tutorial/way/code  to make riders taking damage have a chance to fall off    :?:
thanks in advance :wink:

Hey,

I'm added to my mod 'Poll and admin enhancements'  - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,118243.msg2855128.html#msg2855128, but after add the scripts, in console appears error:
tt9tra.jpg

e7dchi.jpg

mnvi87.jpg
Sorry for my English

Gambino said:
Hi,  :smile:
is there a tutorial/way/code  to make riders taking damage have a chance to fall off    :?:
thanks in advance :wink:
Check: Knock rider off horse.
yune2 said:
Is it possible to put boats in the game? I've seen screenshots of them, but not many questions about them. I'm new, so i might be missing something completely obvious in front of my face, but I'd like some help.
Check: Seafaring.
Searching and reading of other threads helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom