Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dia151 said:
hello, i got a problem with thorgims map editor,

I follow the tutorial and edit my map, in the end, it looks like this
map231_by_gazda1-d5be260.jpg

and I save it. But, when i overwrite my map.txt in warband module folder, map stays exactly the same as native, like i never even edited aynthing

Have a look at this:
DarkAngel#1 said:
Dawiduh said:
DarkAngel#1 said:
hey people i got thorgrims map editor ages ago and attempted to do some map editing (i'm using it with warband so...) anyway i can edit the map fine and it saves in the editor but when i run the mod the map is the same as the original i have no idea why???

I hope this helps:

Lumos said:
I very, very, very doubt that Dawiduh has M&B installed in
Dawiduh said:
C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Moun&Blade\Modules\Native
:mrgreen:

Yeah, I have no idea how that got tere  :neutral: Obviously I didn't install it there and it does not save the games there. Those go here: C:\Users\David\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames so in Documents not AppData. Weird as hell.

In my case Thorgrim's saves somewhere else... Search the "...Users\your_user\AppData\..." for map.txt and parties.txt and once you found them just copy them to your mod's folder.

If it's not this... I don't know.

Sorry its taken so long to get a reply back , your advice did work Dawiduh thankyou

You might have the same problem :smile:

yune2 said:
I'm sorry if I am a really stupid noob, I haven't modded before, but I don't know how I can get seafaring. Is it a download, do I have to put it in manually, or what? I can't find it anywhere!
You were given a link where there was a Seafaring page. It's not something you download (except as part of some mod), it's something you are supposed to integrate yourself. If you are indeed a newbie without any modding experience, then your chances are slim, but you could try.

Gambino said:
looking for script so that theres like 1/10 misfiring chance for guns, thanks
You can't control the shot directly. However, there's a workaround.

Make a replica of your gun (with the same name and stats, but lousy projectile speed and damage). This will be the "misfiring gun".

On real gun, make a ti_on_weapon_attack trigger, which will replace the gun with it's misfiring replica with 10% probability after each shot.

On misfiring gun, make a similar trigger which will replace the gun with it's real version with 90% probability after each shot.

Lav said:
Gambino said:
looking for script so that theres like 1/10 misfiring chance for guns, thanks
You can't control the shot directly. However, there's a workaround.

Make a replica of your gun (with the same name and stats, but lousy projectile speed and damage). This will be the "misfiring gun".

On real gun, make a ti_on_weapon_attack trigger, which will replace the gun with it's misfiring replica with 10% probability after each shot.

On misfiring gun, make a similar trigger which will replace the gun with it's real version with 90% probability after each shot.

thats one smart idea , thanks for helping BUT but i dont think i'd use that cause i hve no idea how to replace the guns and i also think its too hard i have too many guns to do that. but in the deluge they have misfiring i dono how but when you misfire it makes a different sound and little red text appears saying"weapon misfired" and fades away in 2 seconds, any idea?

Gambino said:
thats one smart idea , thanks for helping BUT but i dont think i'd use that cause i hve no idea how to replace the guns and i also think its too hard i have too many guns to do that. but in the deluge they have misfiring i dono how but when you misfire it makes a different sound and little red text appears saying"weapon misfired" and fades away in 2 seconds, any idea?
Deluge needs WSE. Check WSE thread to see if there's some functionality that fits your requirements.

UPDATE: Found it:
cmpxchg8b said:
v1530
- Added trigger ti_on_init_missile

dia151 said:
Thanks Daviduh,

hres the simple screenshot for somone that would have this problem in future, (picture explains it better then text)

solut_by_gazda1-d5be8lo.jpg

Niiiice :grin: I'll be sure to quote your post if I see that problem again.

I still wonder WHY does that happen? It doesn't make much sense  :???:

I know need to remove couple of castles, villages and towns,

I haven't found any straight forward tutorial on doing so, but trough module system documentation, i could salvage that i first need to remove city/village/castle from module_parties, and then remove references from module_game_menus. The problem is I don't know where to look for reference in game module_game_menus(what to search)

help, as always, would be appreciated

Hey,

I'm added to my mod script with open and close helmet. After add in console there is error:

81nwhs.jpg

line 14709 in module_mission_templates looks like this:

Code:
open_close_helmet = (
    0, 0, 0, [(key_clicked, key_q),(neg|main_hero_fallen)],
        [
		(get_player_agent_no, ":player_agent"),
		(agent_is_active, ":player_agent"),
		(agent_get_item_slot, ":helmet_1", ":player_agent", ek_head),
		(item_get_slot, ":helmet_2", ":helmet_1", slot_open_close_helmet),
                (gt, ":helmet_2", 0),
                (agent_unequip_item, ":player_agent", ":helmet_1"),
                (agent_equip_item, ":player_agent", ":helmet_2"),
        ])

dia151 said:
The problem is I don't know where to look for reference in game module_game_menus(what to search)
Just do a text search for ids of the settlements that you removed and remove/replace accordingly.

Xavart said:
I'm added to my mod script with open and close helmet. After add in console there is error:
If it's line 14709, then I assume the code is within a mission template declaration?

This means that first, you don't need to write open_close_helmet = , second, you must put a comma after the last closing bracket, and third, with 99.9% probability you didn't read the script instructions carefully enough.

Move that trigger definition outside the templates tuple, at the top of the file with the other trigger definitions.

The mission templates file looks like this:
## trigger and other definitions
mission_templates = [
##mission list
]

You are inserting a definition inside the mission list, that's why you get errors.

Grumble ninja grumble. :smile:

dia151 said:
Lav said:
dia151 said:
The problem is I don't know where to look for reference in game module_game_menus(what to search)
Just do a text search for ids of the settlements that you removed and remove/replace accordingly.

i did searched for their ids, but no results in module_game_menus
Search for them everywhere, not only the menus.
1. Install Notepad++
2. Ctrl+F, Find in files "p_town_x"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom