Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kt0 said:
HokieBT said:
I'm trying to permanently delete a party.  I wrote a script to remove all prisoners/troops but I ended up with a 0 size party on the map.  I though about trying to set it to have the pf_disabled flag but that doesn't seem right either.  Then I saw the post a few lines above about script_clear_party_group, is that the best way to permanently remove a party?  If I call this do I still need to remove all members or does party_clear do that automatically?
I use party_clear followed by remove_party.
ahh, thank you very much, I hadn't found that remove_party command yet, oops.  :smile:

Ruthven said:
The player should always spawn from entry point 0, right?

not always.  In encounter battles, I think yes, but in towns, villages, taverns, castles, it changes.  I think I posted a list somewhere a few pages back...

in most scenes the playet spawns in entry point 0, but I believe in towns if they are mounted they use entry point 1.

I've been trying to slowly update a list of entry points on this page below, but I haven't verified all these yet
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1799.0.html

Amman de Stazia said:
Ruthven said:

not always.  In encounter battles, I think yes, but in towns, villages, taverns, castles, it changes.  I think I posted a list somewhere a few pages back...

Yup; HERE.

Thanks again. :smile:

Anyway, I was trying to make a sort of great helm, but I think I did the eye-holes wrongly, I keep getting a "badarith" error trying to uv-map it. What's the best way to make eyeholes? :???:

Amman de Stazia said:
Ruthven said:

Hmm, that's weird. I'm using a slightly modified "encounter_attack" mission template copy, and the player always spawns at the corner of the map for some reason...

Oh well, I might be able to just set_visitor it in the game menus...

First post here so I hope I've got the right place

has someone found a way to give horses the same Heraldry coat of arms as the lord,

I've made several new horse blankets and would like to have the troops under the lord have the same blanket, the same way the troop shields work.

I guess like the Heraldry surcoats you would need a horse one,
What code should I be looking for, is it possible, I prefer to fight battles by the coat of arms and not have loads of green test boxes everywhere

Ruthven said:
Amman de Stazia said:
Ruthven said:

Hmm, that's weird. I'm using a slightly modified "encounter_attack" mission template copy, and the player always spawns at the corner of the map for some reason...

Oh well, I might be able to just set_visitor it in the game menus...

Right at the corner?  With everyone else standing on your head?

If so, you've got no spawn points in your scene.  You need to scene-edit it and add a spawn point.  Or preferably several...

No, I have spawn points. Spawn point 0 is right next to 1 and 2 in the scene, and NPCs etc have no trouble spawning from there, but the player always spawns on the map, but in the far corner.

Spawn points 0, 1, 2, 10, 11, and 12 are the only ones used in the original scene too. (Modified scene for MIrathei's ship battles)

Oh well, I'll try adding new entry points etc and see if I can get it working.

no, I don't think that's the issue.  Are you using a native or custom mission-template?

Check that the team spawn points in mission templates match you scene SP correctly, and that the player is included in the spawn instructions inmission templates.

After that, I know nothing.

Amman de Stazia said:
no, I don't think that's the issue.  Are you using a native or custom mission-template?

Check that the team spawn points in mission templates match you scene SP correctly, and that the player is included in the spawn instructions inmission templates.

After that, I know nothing.
Of course! *slaps head*

Totally forgot about that...

check that your map file is in the mod folder.
Check that it contains a lot of numbers.  (If you have an empty txt doc then that explains your problem...)

Try using the native map file again, just to be sure that is the only problem.

I was actually just saying the things I would have checked myself.
I'm not sure if Ruthven was being sarcastic, but I was being genuine.

I would like to make a mini mod (I think that is the name for it...). I would like to have a kill counter. Something that either shows up with the experience and damage amounts, or just sits in a corner counting every kill I get. Warning, I have never modded anything before. I have never touched any code at all. So if any one helps me be prepared to get a stupid question.

Some mods tells you how many people you have killed after you killed someone in a battle. And if you go to character, then statistics, you see how many people you killed. So we already have it.

NordMann 2 said:
You shouldn't challenge Ruthven to a mod duel. He knows his stuff.  :cool:
Not really. I'm no master modder, I mostly just have lots of spare time.

Amman de Stazia said:
I was actually just saying the things I would have checked myself.
I'm not sure if Ruthven was being sarcastic, but I was being genuine.
No sarcasm on my end, I actually looked over the spawn point entries.

Thanks

Yes some mods already have that and I want to be able to have the counter into a mod that doesn't have it or native. Going to statistics after every battle is a waste of time and I want to see it as the battle happens.

would someone inform me what this module_troops.py is, and more importantly WERE THE **** IS IT?
i look everywhere and i cant find it.
i need it for custom troops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom