Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can a active dialog line be constructed without a dialog string?
  in other words, using only the conditions_block, ending_state and consequences_block?

if it can be, how is the empty string designated?  "" , perhaps?

Edit:  i think i've got it... please correct me if i'm wrong.

this is the actual dialog block i'm working on

[anyone, "lord_challenge_2", [
                    (try_begin),
                      (store_conversation_troop,"$g_duel_opponent"),
                      (troop_get_slot, ":player_renown", "trp_player", slot_troop_renown),
  (troop_get_slot,"$g_lord_reputation","$g_duel_opponent",slot_lord_reputation_type),
(try_end),

(eq, 1, 0)],
"This is a dummy conversation block used to store variables.  This line is not displayed.", "lord_challenge_player", []],

if i'm correct, this should work...?
thanks for any help,
ta

It looks like it should be fine, but you might as well just add another small dialogue option (this one) so instead of trying not to display it, just put something like "Fine then!" then the other dialogue.

you are probably right but i'd like to try this first; if it works, it'll keep the conversation flow more natural.  i may be able to rework the opening to add a bit of "viewable" dialog here, but it'll take some doing (sigh).

thanks for the response, ruthven,  it's much appreciated.

regards,
ta

Up (((

Ok, so we have a code:

(call_script, "script_clear_party", "p_town_6"),
(call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_town_6", "trp_kingdom_4_lord", 0),
(call_script, "script_give_center_to_faction", "p_town_6", "fac_kingdom_4"), 

It does the work partly - transwers the city from one faction to another, but leaves the empty parties of the lords which were in the town at the moment when the code was called.

Something like:
Sargoth (0)
Lord Mleza (0)

How to fix it?..

Is script_clear_party means script_clear_party_group? Or have I miss something?
Maxim Suvorov,
If you want only to change  belonging of a town do not call  (call_script, "script_clear_party", "p_town_6"),
If you want to clear town garrison but don't want to clear lord's party call (party_clear, "p_town_6"),
If you want to deatch party you have to call party_detach.
Code:
      (party_get_num_attached_parties, ":num_attached_parties", ":root_party"),
      (try_for_range_backwards, ":attached_party_rank", 0, ":num_attached_parties"),
        (party_get_attached_party_with_rank, ":attached_party", ":root_party", ":attached_party_rank"),
        (party_detach, ":attached_party"),
      (try_end),
This code should detach all parties. You probably have to set AI state for detached parties to make then run away from a city.

fisheye said:
Put your music in the M&B\music folder.

Then edit M&B\Data\music.txt.

The first line is the total number of mp3s.

Each line then has the filename of the mp3, and a number 1,2, or 3.

1: play in towns and peaceful places
2: play in combat
3: play in both

this dont work in new version ... there is not music.txt , OK ! I created it but this all not works ... help me please ! :cry:

So the proper code to transfer the city would be:

Code:
		(call_script, "script_give_center_to_faction", "p_town_6", "fac_kingdom_4"),  
		(call_script, "script_give_center_to_lord", "p_town_6", "trp_kingdom_4_lord", 0),
		(party_get_num_attached_parties, ":num_attached_parties", "p_town_6"),
		(try_for_range_backwards, ":attached_party_rank", 0, ":num_attached_parties"),
			(party_get_attached_party_with_rank, ":attached_party", "p_town_6", ":attached_party_rank"),
			(party_detach, ":attached_party"),
			(party_set_ai_behavior, ":attached_party", ai_bhvr_travel_to_party),
			(party_set_ai_object, ":attached_party", "p_town_7"),
			(party_set_flags, ":attached_party", pf_default_behavior, 0),
		(try_end),
		(call_script, "script_clear_party_group", "p_town_6"),

2Rongar
Thx.

ЗЫ: Када релиз вашего проекта? :wink:

AntichristLV said:
Rongar said:
there is not music.txt
Should be M&B\modules\mod_name\music.txt
nothing only readme
Probably, you look in M&B\modules\mod_name\music\ .
There should be a lot of txt files in M&B\modules\mod_name\ one of them is music.txt.
You OS maybe hides file extensions. Try to look not for a folder but for a file 'music'. 

Maxim Suvorov said:
Без понятия. Надеюсь, что летом что-нибудь всё-таки зарелизим.

Rongar said:
AntichristLV said:
Rongar said:
there is not music.txt
Should be M&B\modules\mod_name\music.txt
nothing only readme
Probably, you look in M&B\modules\mod_name\music\ .
There should be a lot of txt files in M&B\modules\mod_name\ one of them is music.txt.
You OS maybe hides file extensions. Try to look not for a folder but for a file 'music'. 

Maxim Suvorov said:
Без понятия. Надеюсь, что летом что-нибудь всё-таки зарелизим.
Yes I found it bet when I add new music ( name and number 1 - 3 )
mount and blade crashes

maybe I need to do something else ?

The music format is converted to .ogg

AntichristLV, 
Format of music.txt has significantly changed, now it comes in form
songname number number
You can see an example in music.txt something like.
town_vaegir.ogg 73730 598591
Numbers are combination of flags.  Frankly speaking, I rare work directly with txt, I prefer to use module system. So I don’t know exact meaning of these numbers.

You may try to replace one of songs. It is a bit easer.

I tryed to abb song and put number from example ( tavern - 512 512 )
now game not crash , but music is not playing

I know that i can change music for all mods just editing \Mount&Blade\music folder , but it changes for all mods .

Out of curiosity, is it possible to limit/reduce the size of the battlefield? Because I'm going to try and make the battlefield more dense with jungle, but to reduce the amount of FPS hits, I want to reduce the size of the battlefield itself.

Eh... Just get the Entry Points, or something, closer to each other. I haven't edited any scene yet, so I might be wrong.

the method, I believe, is to go into python_scenes, and change the x/y parameters of the scene.  For castle scenes, for example, these are (100,100) but for random/battle scenes, I think they are (240,240) in native.  If you go for (100,100) you'll get the smaller castle-scene sized battlefield.  Or even smaller.  (50,50) if you like.  Cosy.

I'm trying to permanently delete a party.  I wrote a script to remove all prisoners/troops but I ended up with a 0 size party on the map.  I though about trying to set it to have the pf_disabled flag but that doesn't seem right either.  Then I saw the post a few lines above about script_clear_party_group, is that the best way to permanently remove a party?  If I call this do I still need to remove all members or does party_clear do that automatically?

HokieBT said:
I'm trying to permanently delete a party.  I wrote a script to remove all prisoners/troops but I ended up with a 0 size party on the map.  I though about trying to set it to have the pf_disabled flag but that doesn't seem right either.  Then I saw the post a few lines above about script_clear_party_group, is that the best way to permanently remove a party?  If I call this do I still need to remove all members or does party_clear do that automatically?
I use party_clear followed by remove_party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom