Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GetAssista said:
MadocComadrin said:
Both? I knew it didn't work for re-arm, but both?
If you were a TW dev, what would you want  e.g. ti_before_battle_start to do if delay>0 is set? So them disabled it for all ti-s to not cause confusion, cause ti-s are executed at specific moments, when certain actions are possible
Give the ones that can't use the delay a tag in their name?

Caba`drin said:
Barabas said:
I was thinking, maybe you could check if someone uses the seath weapon key (gk_sheath_weapon).
Look at you...making sense...

I don't know what you're trying to tell me, but if you use a un-named trigger that checks if the seath weapon key is pressed you can actually delay the effect a little bit and check if someone is using their bare hands.

Barabas said:
Caba`drin said:
Barabas said:
I was thinking, maybe you could check if someone uses the seath weapon key (gk_sheath_weapon).

I don't know what you're trying to tell me, but if you use a un-named trigger that checks if the seath weapon key is pressed you can actually delay the effect a little bit and check if someone is using their bare hands.
I was trying to tell you that it made a lot more sense to do this than to use any kind of loop checking a list of agents, at least to me, but it never occurred to me. Just being light-hearted tis all.

Caba`drin said:
Barabas said:
Caba`drin said:
Barabas said:

I was trying to tell you that it made a lot more sense to do this than to use any kind of loop checking a list of agents, at least to me, but it never occurred to me. Just being light-hearted tis all.

Ah alright! Thought maybe you were being sarcastic and I made a stupid suggestion  :razz:

cmpxchg8b said:
That wouldn't work anyway, his trigger is server-side.
Well you can make it client side and send a message to the server that the duel is over. Shouldn't be too hard.

OrangeKnight said:
Okay i saw in the old topic for The With Fire and Sword mod. The one before the official expansion, some polish people were making a mod or something. But i was wondering they had lightning, and I was wondering if it was possible to get lightning randomly in scenes.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I am totally new to M&BW, and haven't used python (.py files i'm assuming). I could not find "module_strings.py" within my Mount&Blade Warband directory. I did find the code you mentioned in my scripts.txt file, changed it, but only 1 lord showed "baron" as his prefix.

Is this file encrypted? or, how do I access it, or it's location, to modify it.

Simple question I am sure, and thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question, thus, making my game experience much more to my liking.

I will look through the tutorials and "how to's" I saw on the forum. Thanks!

Best regards, G

shokkueibu said:
Grimnir777 said:
Does anybody know a simple way to change the Lord prefixes from "Count" to "Duke" or "Baron"?

Search for this in module strings:
Code:
  ("faction_title_male_player", "Lord {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_1", "Count {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_2", "Boyar {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_3", "{s0} Noyan"),
  ("faction_title_male_4", "Jarl {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_5", "Count {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_6", "Emir {s0}"),

("faction_title_female_player", "Lady {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_1", "Countess {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_2", "Boyarina {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_3", "{s0} Hatun"),
  ("faction_title_female_4", "Grevinne {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_5", "Countess {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_6", "Sayeda {s0}"),

I believe it will affect everyone from the faction besides the ruler.

Ive got an aestethic problem with my weapon dropping script.
Basically there are several ways in which you can loose your weapon and what the script does is unequip the weapon and spawn it on the ground. However, often the weapon ends up with only blunt sounds  :neutral:

I use something like this:
Code:
(agent_unequip_item, ":agent", ":item"),
(agent_get_position, pos10, ":agent"),
(set_spawn_position, pos10),
(spawn_item, ":item", 0, 360),

Does anyone know how I can solve this?

ilovemyhedgehog said:
Am I correct in believing that troops can have new animations but mounts can not?
SWC (Star Wars Conquest) did it. You may want to ask Swy about what he did.

Barabas said:
Ive got an aestethic problem with my weapon dropping script.
Basically there are several ways in which you can loose your weapon and what the script does is unequip the weapon and spawn it on the ground. However, often the weapon ends up with only blunt sounds  :neutral:

I use something like this:
Code:
(agent_unequip_item, ":agent", ":item"),
(agent_get_position, pos10, ":agent"),
(set_spawn_position, pos10),
(spawn_item, ":item", 0, 360),

Does anyone know how I can solve this?
Honestly, it looks good to me. If you're spawning an item with cut damage, I don't see why it would have to play blunt noise.  :neutral:
I just found 10 million uses for such a code as that though, and I'll be playing around with it to see what you mean.

Grimnir777 said:
Thank You! & have a great day.

Module system for Warband is released:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,107054.0.html

Ritter Dummbatz said:
Grimmnir777, you need the module system. Find a link here or on the tw website.
You can make the changes to the titles without using the module system. Just edit those lines in strings.txt as I indicated in the separate thread you had begun. It will be far easier if that is the only change you wish to make.

(This is why cross-posting is frowned upon.)

You can make the changes to the titles without using the module system. Just edit those lines in strings.txt as I indicated in the separate thread you had begun. It will be far easier if that is the only change you wish to make.

(This is why cross-posting is frowned upon.)

I figured as much, & I posted earlier that I tried your above suggestion previously, yesterday: ["I did find the code you mentioned in my scripts.txt file, changed it, but only 1 lord showed "baron" as his prefix."]; and again, unfortunately, it did not change anything but one Lord's name to "Baron Surdun". The rest of them remained "Count so & so", but thank you very much for your time. It's a simple change, but not working.

As a new user to the TW forum I find it comprehensive (a good thing), and helpful & friendly people abound; yet it seems easy to mis-post into a category that would seem at first to be the proper place. I'm still finding my bearings here, thanks for your patience.

@Grimnir777
Ah; names of lords are only updated when they change factions...which is why you aren't seeing a change. A new game would have the new names. This will be true even if you edit the module system.

Here's a quick .TXT bit of code that will force the game to rename your lords and ladies.
Open your simple_triggers.txt file and go to the bottom

Replace one of the
Code:
24.000000  0
lines

with
Code:
1.000000  6 6 3 1224979098644774912 360287970189639896 360287970189640143 2147483681 3 1224979098644774912 360287970189640016 360287970189640022 2173 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 1 3 936748722493063397 1224979098644774912 1224979098644774913 3 0 1106 1 216172782113786516

Start your game and allow time to pass until "Indeed. Please continue." scrolls on the lower left of your screen (might take up to 1 in-game hour). Save your game, exit, and then change your simple_triggers.txt file back...unless you want them re-changed every hour :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom