Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not silly if you think about it.
If a timed trigger is delayed, it won't be executed until the delay is over. However, since there aren't multiple instances of a trigger, delaying a named trigger would effectively disable the trigger for the entire duration of the delay.

Good afternoon!

Does anybody know a simple way to change the Lord prefixes from "Count" to "Duke" or "Baron"?

I have barely scratched the surface of modding this game, and have only been playing it for 2 months,  loving it. I am hoping this is a simple change.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards, G

MadocComadrin said:
Both? I knew it didn't work for re-arm, but both?
If you were a TW dev, what would you want  e.g. ti_before_battle_start to do if delay>0 is set? So them disabled it for all ti-s to not cause confusion, cause ti-s are executed at specific moments, when certain actions are possible

GetAssista said:
MadocComadrin said:
If you were a TW dev, what would you want  e.g. ti_before_battle_start to do if delay>0 is set? So them disabled it for all ti-s to not cause confusion, cause ti-s are executed at specific moments, when certain actions are possible
This is understandable if a trigger needs to execute right away since it relies on the trigger_result, but others not so much. Ah well.

MadocComadrin said:
GetAssista said:
MadocComadrin said:
This is understandable if a trigger needs to execute right away since it relies on the trigger_result, but others not so much. Ah well.

At this point I would like to throw my question in. As of late I had the problem that I want three different scripts executed. The first on the 3rd second, the second one on 3.1 and the third one on 3.2 seconds but all should fire 3 seconds later again which seems to be impossible or am I wrong?
Should be clear already but just to avoid confusion, what I mean is that the 1st script will fire on 3, 6, 9 but the second on 3.1, 6.2, 9.3 etc. So the time difference increases each time which is what I don't want.
I hope to be just too blind to see a solution to this....

Caba`drin said:
An option--others may have better:
Code:
(3, 0, 0, [],
   [
     #every 3-seconds trigger
   ]),
(3, 0.1, 0, [(eq, 1, 1)],
   [
     #delayed 0.1
   ]),
(3, 0.2, 0, [(eq, 1, 1)],
   [
     #delayed 0.2
   ]),

Now you made me feel like a complete noob. I remember a conversation between us though where I learned that the delay doesn't work which was the reason why I didn't even try that. ... Anyway, I will try that and most probably I misunderstood that post that time.

Thank you!  :cool:

gaham1 said:
Is there a thread or some sort of tutorial to editing the world map for singleplayer? (on warband)

Yes, take a look at the tutorial section i.e.

Here is another one, pretty old but it might not be in that section just mentioned.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,64289.msg1671004.html#msg1671004

Ritter Dummbatz said:
I remember a conversation between us though where I learned that the delay doesn't work which was the reason why I didn't even try that. ... Anyway, I will try that and most probably I misunderstood that post that time.
The condition-consequence delay only does not work on named ti_* triggers; it works fine on timed triggers. And as cmp pointed out just above, the re-arm delay works on all.

Ritter Dummbatz said:
gaham1 said:
Is there a thread or some sort of tutorial to editing the world map for singleplayer? (on warband)

Yes, take a look at the tutorial section i.e.

Here is another one, pretty old but it might not be in that section just mentioned.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,64289.msg1671004.html#msg1671004
Moved that one to the tutorial section, too. Also see the threads for the various map-editing software (Thorgorimm's in the Unofficial Tools section, and a few beta ones here in The Forge). For Thorgorimm's note that you will need to take some files from the original M&B to get it to work for Warband, but again, look around a bit, there's plenty of info.

Grimnir777 said:
Does anybody know a simple way to change the Lord prefixes from "Count" to "Duke" or "Baron"?

Search for this in module strings:
Code:
  ("faction_title_male_player", "Lord {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_1", "Count {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_2", "Boyar {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_3", "{s0} Noyan"),
  ("faction_title_male_4", "Jarl {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_5", "Count {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_male_6", "Emir {s0}"),

("faction_title_female_player", "Lady {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_1", "Countess {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_2", "Boyarina {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_3", "{s0} Hatun"),
  ("faction_title_female_4", "Grevinne {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_5", "Countess {s0}"),
  ("faction_title_female_6", "Sayeda {s0}"),

I believe it will affect everyone from the faction besides the ruler.

Okay i saw in the old topic for The With Fire and Sword mod. The one before the official expansion, some polish people were making a mod or something. But i was wondering they had lightning, and I was wondering if it was possible to get lightning randomly in scenes. Also one more thing is it possible to make it whenever you walk into a city instead of getting the menu you are instead forced to go into the city.

Poul2 said:
Yeah, that's how I will probably do this.
If cmpxchg8b said, it's the best way to do this, well... no further questions :smile:.
Thanks all for your answers.

I was thinking, maybe you could check if someone uses the seath weapon key (gk_sheath_weapon).
Ofcourse cmpxchq8b's solutions works anyway ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom