Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, is there a way to tie the hue of a boot's texture to the player's skin hue? I want me some exposed shins. Can one make a shield that can't be used to block? If this left-handed pistol thing works out, it would be a good way to create the illusion of dual-wielding for non-player troops.

How do I fix "Unexpected End of File while reading [insert textfile here]. I know that there is a tut for this somewhere, but for some reason I can't find it.

Adviser said:
How do I fix "Unexpected End of File while reading [insert textfile here]. I know that there is a tut for this somewhere, but for some reason I can't find it.
I believe that means you're missing a bracket or comma somewhere. Or there are too many.

ALSO, i have a question.
I keep getting this error when compiling my module.
Type Error: %d format: A number is required not a list

I have narrowed down the issue to this piece of code. But I can't find out what's wrong with it.
Code:
(
    "durandal",mtf_battle_mode,charge,
    "You find the Guardian waiting to test you....",
    [(1,mtef_team_0|mtef_use_exact_number,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
     (2,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
     ],
    [
      common_inventory_not_available,

common_battle_init_banner,

(ti_tab_pressed, 0, 0, [(display_message,"str_cannot_leave_now")], []),
      (ti_before_mission_start, 0, 0, [], [(call_script, "script_change_banners_and_chest")]),

(0, 0, ti_once, [],
       [
         (call_script, "script_music_set_situation_with_culture", mtf_sit_fight),
         ]),

(1, 4, ti_once, [(this_or_next|main_hero_fallen),(num_active_teams_le,1)],
       [
           (try_begin),
             (main_hero_fallen),             
			 (fail_quest,"qst_durandal"),
           (else_try),
			 (succeed_quest,"qst_durandal"),
			 (troop_add_item,"trp_player","itm_durandal",[]),
           (try_end),
           (jump_to_scene,"scn_castle_13",1),(finish_mission),
           ]),
    ],
  ),

Somebody said:
(troop_add_item,"trp_player","itm_durandal",[]),
A number is required, not a list. In this case the numbers are defined in header_item_modifiers.py, or leave it 0 for plain.
Oh wow I can't believe how thick I am :smile: Totally passed that over. Thanks man.

Havoc said:
Make fog a scene prop, like you can with snow and rain but with fog, possible?
you can attach fog script to an empty (or non-empty) prop, like e.g.
Code:
("permanent_night",sokf_invisible,"empty","0",  [(ti_on_init_scene_prop, [  (set_fog_distance,100,0x010101)  ]), ]),
then when a scene has this prop, it will have fog

Did you just edit it's current dds file or did you make a completely new texture? Either way, make sure the mesh is pointing to the right texture file in OpenBRF.

Edit: Just a quick question. I know how it was in the original, but does the arrow determine the damage type in Warband or does the bow?

MadocComadrin said:
Just a quick question. I know how it was in the original, but does the arrow determine the damage type in Warband or does the bow?
It's still the bow. You can probably do some gimmicky stuff by switching the bow item depending on what type of ammo is equipped before battle - but it probably won't work with two different quivers being used since you can't switch items during battle.

Sir_Michal said:
Hi!
I have one small question- what's is the number of kingdoms? Exactly Khergits but I prefer all.  :cool: Thx
The number of kingdoms is 6. The number of khergit factions is 3.

But this is for server? I will delete Khergit from our server and this 3 is in server folder? Yea?

@Down: THX, I wanted to be sure:wink:

("player_faction","Player Faction",0, 0.9, [], []),
  ("player_supporters_faction","Player's Supporters",0, 0.9, [("player_faction",1.00),("outlaws",-0.05),("peasant_rebels", -0.1),("deserters", -0.02),("mountain_bandits", -0.05),("forest_bandits", -0.05)], [], 0xFF4433), #changed name so that can tell difference if shows up on map
  ("kingdom_1",  "Kingdom of Swadia", 0, 0.9, default_kingdom_relations, [], 0xEE7744),
  ("kingdom_2",  "Kingdom of Vaegirs",    0, 0.9, default_kingdom_relations, [], 0xCCBB99),
  ("kingdom_3",  "Khergit Khanate", 0, 0.9, default_kingdom_relations, [], 0xCC99FF),
  ("kingdom_4",  "Kingdom of Nords",    0, 0.9, default_kingdom_relations, [], 0x33DDDD),
  ("kingdom_5",  "Kingdom of Rhodoks",  0, 0.9, default_kingdom_relations, [], 0x33DD33),
  ("kingdom_6",  "Sarranid Sultanate",  0, 0.9, default_kingdom_relations, [], 0xDDDD33),

("kingdoms_end","{!}kingdoms_end", 0, 0,[], []),

("robber_knights",  "{!}robber_knights", 0, 0.1, [], []),

("khergits","{!}Khergits", 0, 0.5,[("player_faction",0.0)], []),
  ("black_khergits","{!}Black Khergits", 0, 0.5,[("player_faction",-0.3),("kingdom_1",-0.02),("kingdom_2",-0.02)], []),
No idea what you're talking about. The only factions that are in multiplayer are the 6 kingdoms, between kingdom_1 and kingdoms_end. If this is for a mod, then ask in the module's board.

heeelp.jpg

Why wont it show? :cry:

I am having a problem with the Swadian Towns. Every swadian town I go in has no walls, items hanging in mid air surrounded by purple question marks. Obviously something is wrong with the scene but none of the other factions' towns are messed up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

SPQR said:
I am having a problem with the Swadian Towns. Every swadian town I go in has no walls, items hanging in mid air surrounded by purple question marks. Obviously something is wrong with the scene but none of the other factions' towns are messed up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
This is Warband I presume? I cant remember the exact reason, but the module is screwed up. In the latest update, all Swadian towns were redone I believe, and old modules get screwed over. Im not sure though, there should be threads about this in the Warband section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom