Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
widde said:
So any .txt editing will be overwritten everytime i compile the .py files?
Yes. It's obvious, is not it?
There might be some tools that translate troops.txt into python form, but I dunno about them, never was interested in txt editing

its just a problem since tweaking txt files can be done so easily and quickly, especially troops thanks to the troop editor. But if everything is lost everytime you change/add something with the module system i guess ill have to do everything in python...

Glory tried to help me with this but failed badly (godbless his little heart).

Area effect, I need to know how to add it to ammo so my artillery isn't ****.

Cheers.

Is it possible to do so that example for a rifle, it has 5 bullets, you shoot one, it reloads. Shoot again, reload again. After five shots as all the bullets have been shot, would it be possible to add a different longer animation for that? You know how the bolt action rifles work and that's what I'm basically meaning if you know. Also, would it be possible to add a sound for the reloading, to the short reloading and long.?

Can anyone suggest a good text editor for editing the module system files?
Im currently using idle, which i hate. I tried wordpad, but i would prefer something that shows colours.

widde said:
Can anyone suggest a good text editor for editing the module system files?
Im currently using idle, which i hate. I tried wordpad, but i would prefer something that shows colours.
Notepad++
Havoc said:
Doesn't it make more sense to add it to the ammo? To me it does.
Yeah, you actually have to. Use ti_on_missile hit and then do area damage around pos1.

A few questions. Okay, a lot of questions.

Firstly, I was poking around the module system and found the item flag 'itp_force_attach_left_hand.' I don't have a warband mod handy, so I was wondering: what does this do? Does it attach the item to item_L? Could it be used to make pistols left-handed, assuming that the animation is changed as well?

Secondly, I found two things called 'itcf_reload_mask' and 'itcf_shoot_mask.' Are these free? Can they be used for a new class of weapon without any reprecussions?

Thirdly, is there yet a way to make a troop type include both male and female members? Even through scripts run when a battle starts?

Fourthly, is there some easier way to make LODs? Like, say, with a 3ds max modifier?

Fifthly, is it possible to change the player's gender/race/skin after the game has started?

Sixthly, itp_remove_item_on_use - I don't see this used anywhere in native - does it work on weapons, or is it for something else?

Lastly, can you make a weapon count as a bow for skill purposes but behave like a throwing weapon or a crossbow?

itp_force_attach_left_hand is not used in Native - presumably it could work, but don't bet on it. That being said, attach_armature is used for footwear and certain civilian headwear.

xxx_mask are not free, and cannot be used. Masks are used to seperate the specific bits which determine an item's capability flags (itcf), since after compile all values for flags are clumped into a large value.

The only thing you can do is create two troops of the same type and replace them in the player's party before combat starts - preferrably in the game menus somewhere, and return the original troops after combat.

There is an automated tool for LOD-making somewhere (not sure if it's for 3Dsmax). Use the search function.

(troop_set_type, "trp_player", tf_xxx), where tf_male is 0, and tf_female is 1.

That flag probably used to work on weapons - I remember in one version throwing weapons were depleted in this way.

Define the item as itp_type_bow, and use itcf_shoot_crossbow. Not sure if it would be compatible with throwing weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom