Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MadocComadrin said:
@ Marcel: Not necessarily, some engines simply do not render one-sided faces if the normals are facing the wrong way (away from the camera), leading to holes or even invisible models.

Which is why the back of the model will show, those do face towards the camera. Like in a skydome.

MadocComadrin said:
On topic: does scene_prop_animate_to_position have a constant movement or is it step-by-step that has to be used in a trigger?
reformulate the question, I don't get it.

scene_prop_animate_to_position starts movement of prop to position with speed derived from time parameter and initial distance between

MadocComadrin said:
Sure thing, basically everything in English is neuter unless it refers to something that can have a gender in real life and is known in context.
A ship is a "she" :smile:

Lumos said:
Temuzu said:
Ill try that, thanks.

EDIT. Just tried it, and yes, the texture shows on the cube. But why does it not show in the cloth?
Hmmm. Very weird. Try using my tutorial to make a simple (just a color or something; not necessarily the real one, just to check things out) texture of the armor.
Tutorial - Texturing using "Projection Camera"

I'm asking you to do this because a lot of my "unfolded" models appeared with no texture. But every single model with "projection camera" got his (his? its? Is the model a "he" or a "it"? :smile:) texture properly.

EDIT: The tutorial is assumed to be for "texturing noobs", but you could skip the parts you know... :razz:
Well, the help it could give failed at part 3. Theres no window popping up, it skips straight to part 8 (Or 9, not sure).

COGlory said:
Usually I'd get an error when compiling though.  I'm not getting any errors. 

I'll check the shaders.  Maybe that's the problem. 
EDIT:

Just simple shader which works with a million other things.  The mesh is there, the materials match, the textures are there, I'm not getting any errors.  All the words are the same, no misspellings.  This is weird.

Is it by any chance vertex animated?

Temuzu said:
Well, the help it could give failed at part 3. Theres no window popping up, it skips straight to part 8 (Or 9, not sure).
This means there's already a UV map created. Delete all the stuff except the armour and try again.
Step-by-step:
1. Select the "projected pieces" -> right-click -> delete
2. Open the Outliner -> Right click the <armour_name>_auv (or however it's called; I mean the material of the armour) -> delete
3. Delete the texture that was used by the material (default name: auvBG)
In the end, you should have only your armour mesh and tow materials (default and hole) in the outliner.
Now try again.

wutu.jpg

I tried to do everything, but I didnt understand the projected pieces part. If I delete the file marked with red, it deleted the armor too, and thats not what you meant, right?

This screenshot shows that everything is should be OK now. Try retexturing again.

See, the first one is the armor mesh name. The second is the "hole" material, used to make holes, because Wings can't make them. The third is the "normal" material (you could try applying it to the mesh, shouldn't do a harm).

Sorry but I have to ask how does the Warband module system work NOW in 2010 not 2006 I'm trying to learn, honestly, but tutorials for the pre-final release of the Original Mount and blade are not amazingly helpful.

Xzafierk said:
Sorry but I have to ask how does the Warband module system work NOW in 2010 not 2006 I'm trying to learn, honestly, but tutorials for the pre-final release of the Original Mount and blade are not amazingly helpful.

It works pretty much the same as it did back then. There were no major fundamental changes, if you understand the basic functions of flags, operations, pythons, troops and items and so on the new operations and all that, there should be no mystery.

Quick question. what do I need to edit to change the splash screens for my mod (Loading screen main screen etc? Gui / ui even maybe).

Xzafierk said:
Check out my useful links signature, looks for "Jik's ModuleSystem tutorial". It's from 2010 (or 09, but no big difference).

Jenove said:
Quick question. what do I need to edit to change the splash screens for my mod (Loading screen main screen etc? Gui / ui even maybe).
For UI elements, check out "user_interface_b.brf". It contains all the UI textures' names.

Dusk Voyager said:
Does next_item_as_melee work if the shapes of the models being switched are different? If it does, must they have an equal number of polygons?
Do I have to quote myself?

I haven't tried it myself, but it should work. There's no vertex morphing going on or anything like that, it just switches out to the next weapon in the list when you press X. I'm pretty sure that next item can have any model you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom