Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty, I think I fixed it, appearantly I had saved the brf as warband resource. :/ Don't know when I changed that :grin: My bad. Anyways, still no luck getting the collision body working. Any help? Also, to ask, as I am not a master coder myself, I would like to do a "artillery" script. Basically what it would do, it would bombard the map on random positions for a certain amount of time, example, 10 seconds. I know it isn't probably easy, that's why I would need help, but it would be cool to add. Would it be possible to also add a sound before the missile hits the ground? Why? Well, you know the they had that whirling sound before the hit the ground. So a whirling sound before it hits and a bang when it actually does hit.

I haven't tried it either, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.  There might be a small matter of finding renamed things, but that's probably it.

I have an issue, I would be very happy if someone is able to help me. My mod has a major bug, a few hours after you collect any loot or put anything in your inventory everything in the inventory vanishes without a trace or an error. Odd isn't it?

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Cheers.

Some script that refreshes merchant inventory (clearing it beforehand) has troop id -1, so it clears yours instead. My best guess. Find any occurence of troop_clear_inventory and see if you've removed anything that would cause it to bug out.

Highlander said:
Folthrik said:
Has anyone tried the Flying Missile Pack to see if it works for Warband?
Haven't tryed it, but you could do it in 10 seconds yourself using the module system.
I did try, and I couldn't get it to work. I kept getting this error:
rel.jpg

Odd, but I think you can also do it without the .brf by simply changing a few things in the items.txt. Not entirely sure of that, though.

Somebody said:
Some script that refreshes merchant inventory (clearing it beforehand) has troop id -1, so it clears yours instead. My best guess. Find any occurence of troop_clear_inventory and see if you've removed anything that would cause it to bug out.

Thank you, I'll have a look.

*Edit* There is only one entry that says troop_clear_inventory and thats in, script_kill_cattle_from_herd. It's the same in my scripts as in a fresh copy. Anymore ideas?

Cheers.

Emfromkraland said:
Is it possible to have a scene_props not affect by Lighting ?
Or maybe a guide of shaders and texture flag exist in this board ?
Yes. Check material flags, e.g. in OpenBRF

Havoc said:
*Edit* There is only one entry that says troop_clear_inventory and thats in, script_kill_cattle_from_herd. It's the same in my scripts as in a fresh copy. Anymore ideas?
Code:
Search "troop_clear_inventory" (14 hits in 6 files)
- from my mostly vanilla MS
Check triggers and simple triggers

Try adding it to module_sounds.py and using (play_sound, "snd_xxx")? That should play with the background music, although there's probably a length limit. play_track("track_xxx") will start background music, although you should probably cue it first.

Not necessarily. Royalty free music just means you don't have to pay on a usage basis.

It's worth checking the legal garble that the website has to offer. Sometimes music will be free for non-commercial use.

Lucke189 said:
Does anyone know how to play several music tracks to play at once in a scene?

Do you mean merged together? If so, why not just combine them using some music studio software?

I'll take care of the music later then. Because I've got an error upon start up of my mod.

I get an RGL Error saying:

get object failed for body: bo_rhodok_houses_a

The thing is that Native works fine, but not my own mod.
I've searched with OpenBRF after rhodok_houses in both CommonRes and my mod, but it found nothing.

I've no idea why this is happening, anyone here have?

Lucke189 said:
I've searched with OpenBRF after rhodok_houses in both CommonRes and my mod, but it found nothing.
Search it in module_scene_props. And replace "bo_rhodok_houses_a" with 0. You can place it back when you get this collision mesh in brf

Or, for the heck of it, do a full text search in module system files. Who knows where did you put this collision mesh reference, it might be not scene props :smile:

GetAssista said:
Lucke189 said:
Search it in module_scene_props. And replace "bo_rhodok_houses_a" with 0. You can place it back when you get this collision mesh in brf

Or, for the heck of it, do a full text search in module system files. Who knows where did you put this collision mesh reference, it might be not scene props :smile:

Yeah, I just commented out all the ones that caused errors.
But then I realized that when I ported my mod to the latest module system, I had forgot to add my scene props to module_scene_props, and in the actual mod I had scene props placed out that weren't in the module system, so I think that that was what caused the error.
I came to this conclusion after I had commented out the bad scene props, just to find that all my trenches had been made into large pillows in the game, which was kind of ironic.

In other words, solved.  :grin:

Note to self:
Remember to port everything when you port between versions!

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_items.py", line 72, in <module>
    write_items(variables,variable_uses,tag_uses,quick_strings)
  File "process_items.py", line 30, in write_items
    ofile.write(" %d %d %d %d %f %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d\n"%(item[3]
, item[4], item[5], item[7],
IndexError: list index out of range

Anyone know what the hell it's spazing about?

It shows up when the build gets to exporting items. The only item I have added today was about half an hour before this happend and it worked fine, so it can't be the issue. Since adding that item that had no errors at the time, i've added a scene a party and a menu. I've undone all the work that i have done today and I still get the error.

*Edit* Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom