Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrisianDude said:
Hey, does anyone know how to make alt versions? Much like the huge axes and their alts I tried to make the great sword as polearm as well. But simply doing this:
Code:
snip
seems not to work, is there another .py file I need to change to make it work? :???:
No, you forgot itp_next_item_as_melee in the first item.

Somebody said:
FrisianDude said:
Hey, does anyone know how to make alt versions? Much like the huge axes and their alts I tried to make the great sword as polearm as well. But simply doing this:
Code:
snip
seems not to work, is there another .py file I need to change to make it work? :???:
No, you forgot itp_next_item_as_melee in the first item.
Ah, great! Thanks.

But I want to see a yellow snowman pretender!
Anyways, a quick search in game menues for lord's halls called script_enter_court, which in turn called script_get_heroes_attached_to_center, which in turn called script_get_heroes_attached_to_center_aux.
Basically, you can comment out this block in script_get_heroes_attached_to_center
Code:
        #rebellion changes begin -Arma
        (try_for_range, ":pretender", pretenders_begin, pretenders_end),
          (neq, ":pretender", "$supported_pretender"),
          (troop_slot_eq, ":pretender", slot_troop_cur_center, ":center_no"),
          (party_add_members, ":party_no_to_collect_heroes", ":pretender", 1),
        (try_end),
So that they are no longer added to the center's list of heroes

Cheers, I knew somebody would have the answer.  :razz:

*Edit* Eh, well I have another issue, this one's rather..... odd. Some of my Snowmen lords seem to enjoy wearing dresses even though I have not told them to. Some also wear those funny woman hats. I have no idea what the problem is but maybe someone else does.

*fixed

Could someone tell why mod starts to crash when I added a new weapon? D: It always crashes on loading ini file. It says that warband has encoutnered a problem and must be closed etc. I have checked the ini file, module scripts, brf etc for any mistakes but I found none. Any help? Also, do you guys know why wont my collision model work? D: I import it a model as a collision body but it wont show up. Just a empty scene. The piece list shows that there is something there but I cant see them. Does the model have to be textured in order to get it to work?  :???:

Lumos said:
GetAssista said:
If your trigger executes something immediately, put execution into conditions block, and put message into consequences. Set proper delay for consequences.
If not, fire up another trigger to specifically track time
Thanks. I don't want to make a time-tracking trigger, so I'll try something else...
This will NOT work, right?
Code:
(0, 60, 60, [(key_clicked, key_j), (call_script, "script_sprint"),],
[(display_message, "@Sprint is active again!"),
]),
The idea is that when the agent clicks, the script_sprint is called, and one minute later the message is displayed when the trigger rearms.
*bump*

mr.master said:
Could someone tell why mod starts to crash when I added a new weapon? D: It always crashes on loading ini file. It says that warband has encoutnered a problem and must be closed etc. I have checked the ini file, module scripts, brf etc for any mistakes but I found none. Any help? Also, do you guys know why wont my collision model work? D: I import it a model as a collision body but it wont show up. Just a empty scene. The piece list shows that there is something there but I cant see them. Does the model have to be textured in order to get it to work?  :???:
bump

mr.master said:
mr.master said:
bump

In your BRF, change the flag of the new mesh to 30000. I assume it's set to 0 now, which causes that crash.

I have flag 0 on every mesh I added without a problem.

Does anyone know, how to set a multiplayer scene to 'allows mounted units', or vice versa?

Apparently there's a variable called "$g_horses_are_avaliable" (sic) which determines whether or not the presentation which brings up the horse selection equipment menu is brought up. I've never seen it in action though. Try setting it to 0 when you select certain scenes.

Yeah, I know. This variable is set here:
        (try_begin),
          (scene_allows_mounted_units),
          (assign, "$g_horses_are_avaliable", 1),       
        (else_try), 
          (assign, "$g_horses_are_avaliable", 0),       
        (try_end),

But where does this (scene_allows_mounted_units) come from? It seems to return true for some scenes and false for others, but how does it determine when to return what?

mr.master said:
Check the Flag. It's probably 0, and it needs to be 30000.

Llew2 said:
mr.master said:
Check the Flag. It's probably 0, and it needs to be 30000.
Alright, Ill do that. Can I just ask that what does it actually do? D: Not that I doubt it wouldn't work, just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom