Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can scene props run checks? If so, make it spawn a scene prop and have it check for things coming within a certain distance. Or if they can run checks on if something is touching its collision mesh, you could make an area effect using that.

SupaNinjaMan said:
Can scene props run checks? If so, make it spawn a scene prop and have it check for things coming within a certain distance. Or if they can run checks on if something is touching its collision mesh, you could make an area effect using that.
1. only certain ones (ti_on_scene_prop_init, ti_on_scene_prop_hit, ti_on_scene_prop_destroy, ti_on_scene_prop_use, ti_on_scene_prop_is_animating, ti_on_scene_prop_animation_finished)

2. yes. By a general trigger checking distance between prop position and try_for_agents

3. no

COGlory said:
Yeah, they can.  That should be possible. 
"should be" != "is"

I don't really know if that shader exists at all, but oughtn't it be 'standard' instead of 'standart' ? :razz:

Edit; how would one go about adding something to the map, with it's own scene and inhabitants, that is NOT a castle, village, town, hideout or spawn point? :???:

I encoutered a very weird bug in my mod. Basically, If you shoot with a musket type weapon, the bullet some times comes back to the shooter, killing him. This is a big problem with the bots since they tend to die at the start of the battle when they try to shoot the enemy, but instead the bullets come back to them :/. I have checked that were my shoot speeds to high since If they go beyond 200, the wont fly properly. They were all about 150-180. I now updated to the newest ms version and ported the mod over. Still, if the problem persists, could anyone say what the problem is? D: also, could anyone say that why don't any of the scripts work in the mission templates I assigned them to? The did work before but now, they don't. No errors or anything, they just won't work. Example

Code:
ironsight_mode = (

0, 0, 0, [],

[
         (multiplayer_is_server),

(multiplayer_get_my_player, ":my_player_no"),

(player_get_agent_id, ":player_agent", ":my_player_no"),

(ge, ":player_agent", 0),

(try_begin),

(game_key_is_down, gk_view_char),

(mission_cam_set_mode, 0),

(else_try),

(agent_get_wielded_item, ":player_item", ":player_agent", 0),

(this_or_next|eq, ":player_item", "itm_pystykorva"),

(this_or_next|eq, ":player_item", "itm_ukkopekka"),

(eq, ":player_item", "itm_svt"),

(game_key_is_down, gk_zoom),

(agent_get_look_position, pos1, ":player_agent"),

(position_move_y, pos1, 40),

(position_move_x, pos1, 7),

(position_move_z, pos1, 40),

(init_position, pos2),

(init_position, pos3),

(position_copy_rotation, pos3, pos1),

(position_copy_rotation, pos1, pos2),

(position_move_z, pos1, 127),

(position_copy_rotation, pos1, pos3),

(mission_cam_set_mode, 1),

#          whatever you do to zoom...

(mission_cam_set_position, pos1),

(else_try),

(agent_get_wielded_item, ":player_item", ":player_agent", 0),

(this_or_next|eq, ":player_item", "itm_pystykorva"),

(this_or_next|eq, ":player_item", "itm_ukkopekka"),

(eq, ":player_item", "itm_svt"),

(game_key_is_down, gk_attack),

(agent_get_look_position, pos1, ":player_agent"),

(position_move_x, pos1, 7),

(position_move_z, pos1, 40),

(init_position, pos2),

(init_position, pos3),

(position_copy_rotation, pos3, pos1),

(position_copy_rotation, pos1, pos2),

(position_move_z, pos1, 127),

(position_copy_rotation, pos1, pos3),

(mission_cam_set_mode, 1),

(mission_cam_set_position, pos1),

(else_try),

(mission_cam_set_mode, 0),

(try_end),

])
Not done by me. It's iron sight code.

Code:
      common_battle_init_banner,
      common_zoom_view,
      medic_1,
      medic_2,
      ammo_1,
      ammo_2,
      ironsight_mode, 

multiplayer_server_check_polls,
Any help?

It's quite possible that those position registers are already being used by other stuff, namely your medic and ammo packs.
Either that, or the bullet shot so fast it went all the way around the earth and hit you in the back of the head.

:grin: Really don't know what the problem with the bullets is. It ain't a big problem with the players, but with the bots... They just stand there shooting and usually the first shot kills them.

OK my issue is this...

In my party there is a hero who like all other heroes or troops has a member_chat dialog. I've also given this hero another dialog which is, trp_havoc_sa, "start", as apposed to trp_havoc_sa, "member_chat". The second dialog is used to enable a party and activate a quest. I want this dialog to start after 48 hours and trigger once, so i made a trigger.. (48.0, 0, ti_once, [], [(start_map_conversation,"trp_havoc_sa")]).

So I go into game and wait 48 hours, after that time he talks just like I want but he does not say the dialog, instead he just says... "Sorry-- just talking to myself [ERROR - (no trigger noted]."

Any ideas guys?

Code:
  [trp_havoc_sa, "event_triggered", [
                     ],
   "Boy do I have a quest for you!", "close_window", [(enable_party(),#etc
       ]],
"event_triggered" is the one you want instead of "start" or "member_chat". At least, that's where your "talking to myself" dialog has.

Can someone advice me on how I can stop time on global map from inside module system? Same as hitting space bar does.
Or, alternatively, how I can clear destination for player party, so that it stop moving (effectively stopping time)

Must be something simple, but seems no direct commands available.

I don't have the MS in front of me, so I can't double check, but it might be possible to

Spawn the players party AT the players party possibly eliminating the route that they were taking, and then rest_for_hours to specify how long you want them to rest there. 

No, I tried all the obvious solutions like teleporting party or resting. And I do not need pause/rest for some time, I want time to stop. There's a difference.

Party stops when game goes through menu screens or encounter, but the whole point of mine is to stop time on global map w/o drastic visible changes, or question/dialog box at most

Could you perhaps make a menu which returns to map when initiated? It may glitch a bit, but {could/should} work*.

* - Clarification: And when you want to stop time, jump to the empty menu.

@mr. master: What? What is this "iron sight'? What bullets are you talking about? What do you want to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom