Mod suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me say this off the bat, i dont know enough of the language to do any real mods to the game. However, i know there are people around who do know enough about it to do the deed, yet they simply lack ideas.

So thats the point of this thread. I ask modders to come here for ideas and for people with ideas to post them. Lets see if we cant get this game's modding community working together for everyone's enjoyment.

Just a sec, placeholder post. More info soon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More info

Okie dokie. For starters, the factiona are, as I have them planned, organized by alliance. The Three Empires:
The Empire of Agonon (Humans): Main focus is on heavy infantry, and cavalry, as well as a focus on early firearms. The "Central Empire" in location. High recruitment and training costs.

The Elven Empire of Saragon (Elves) Mainly focusing on Archery (maybe magic if possible), and sword combat. Located slightly northeast to Agonon. High agility. Somewhat high recruitment costs.

The Northern Empire. (humans or maybe dwarfs): Just as the name sudgests, they are a Nordic faction. They focus on heavy infantry, and archery to an extent. Poor cavalry. Located north of the empire, in the snowy mountains. Semi high recruitment costs.

Non allied factions:
Serjuc Sultanate ( Humans): Having a major focus on cavalry, as well as horse archery with some form of light infantry, this middle eastern based faction is located across a narrow sea, to the far east. High horse archery skill, light armor. Mediums recuotment costs.

The Khanate of Shanzao: This Asian inspired faction will have Samauri like units, as well as horse archers. Located before the desert and sultanate, they are a medium to high recruitment

The Dark Order: A mysterious group thought no more as cultists, are actually gaining mitary prominence. Light infantry equiped with some badass looking scythes and robes with skull masks, and magic if possible. Medium recruitment costs. Northeast of the Imperial Trio.

The Orcish Confederacy: A race thought of to be stupid, is growing in numbers and strength, they focus in melée with a little focus in archery or cavalry. Low-medium recruitment costs. West of the Imperial Trio.

The Night Elves: Basically the Elven Empire, but a different skin color, armor color, and more focused towards dark magic if possible. Deadset enemy of the Elven Empire. Southeast if the Imperial Trio.

The Raiders of Nord: Barbarians and Vikings...nuff said. Northwest of the Nordic Empire

The Grothnack Clans: Based off early European tribes like the Picts, tey focus on light infantry and archery, few cities, and large numbers. Low armor, cheap rct price. Southwest of the imperial trio.

The Undead Kingdom: Zombies and skellingtons. If it can be coded in, on top of the existing army, and recruitable troops, any killed person or horse will be added as a troop to random cities or war parties in the undead kingdom. Armor varies, as do Equipment and skills. Low recruitment price, cuz what do the undead need with cash. 

sounds interesting

but on the idea of magic, why not pull a fable 3 and make them wear a "gauntlet" and use spell "ammunition"? Just tweak the speeds the spells travel at and there impact effects and it should work pretty well.

makes sense. On the topic of spell speed, i think it travelling slightly slower then an arrow would make sense. If it was travelling any faster itd be hard to grasp the epicness of the "oh god i just shot a huge friggin fireball out of my hands!" moment.

darthtaco123 said:
Might make a map outline in paint tomorrow lol
would have to be pretty large to accomodate all the factions and not end up with, like 4 major factions after a few game weeks.

What are you planning on doing for the "hate chain" in the game?

the factions that start off with poor relations with certain factions. Like in warband, how the vaegirs and nords usually went for each other after the first few ingame weeks.

Hmmmm Night elves Vs Elven empire (derp) Nordic Raiders, VS Nordic Empire. Orcs vs The three major Empires. The Dark Order vs noone, but a loose alliance with the Niggt elves. Khanate vs Sulranate.  The Undead Kingdom is against everyone but the orcs.

The Three Empires are Allied. The Dark Order, and Night Elves are in a loose alliance. The Orcs are in a loose alliance with the Night Elves. The Sultanate and Khanate have no allies. The Raiders and Clana have no allies too, as well as the undead kigdom.

Folks, there's an entire section of the forum dedicated to Module Development, for all versions of M&B, a bit further down the main page.
Specifically there you'll find The Pioneer's Guild, which is for the development of new mods (gathering teams, planning, discussion etc). And, in that board, there's a thread for things just like this: Mod Idea Collection.

Please keep topics in their place...keeps info easy to find and the forum running smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom