Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

ElPadrino said:
I never saw a futurist mod. Like an unutopic world. There some mods with Zombie but not with humans. Something like 1984 and "Big brother", or Brazilia ...

Well, star wars conquest mod is quite special, and I bet you can make your own game rather than a mod, if it goes too aside of M&B.

Persistent Lord of the Rings with Persistent Worlds Engine. I have come up with a Solution to stop rdm and all the BS that PW goes through now =)

I'm curious as to how doable this would be. See, I like big battles, but dislike the long list party members that show up when you hover over a king/lord/yourself. My thought is possibly breaking up the groups into smaller parties.

For instance, let's say in my group consists of 10 companions and 150 more soldiers of varying types. What I'd like would be to have only the companions directly in my party, and the rest split up into groups of 25-50 that follow me around on the map and join battles to fight on my side. I know this can be sort of done with patrols, but I also wouldn't want them to stray from me to chase some random group of bandits, so it would be set up more like a caravan unit that only follows you (and can keep up, preferably).

Furthermore, it'd be really neat to see Kings and lords follow a similar approach by having their own small, core group and other smaller parties tailing them. Like a King would have their core group of only 20 or so [elite] soldiers, and 4-5 groups of 50 following them.

I really like the way it looks and sounds when you see massive looking armies traveling, like a field marshal leading a campaign on the world map, and would like to expand on that.

What do you think? Undoable? Too labor intensive? Nobody like the idea?

Buy a larger monitor for more comfortable mouse hovering. :smile:
Overly long party composition lists can be indeed handled better by listing only the most powerful and numerous troops, while the rest of them are abstracted under a single line like "...and 34 other troops".

WOLFOFTHEPLAINS said:
:razz:
Lord_Edward said:
Persistent Lord of the Rings with Persistent Worlds Engine. I have come up with a Solution to stop rdm and all the BS that PW goes through now =)

+1
-1 = 0

http://www.moddb.com/mods/persistent-middle-earth

The Bowman said:
I have a slightly different question: What is the most polished and featured Roman (well, Ancient) mod for SP?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,258054.0.html

good mod, best one you'll get for sp

Moved here from the main board.

Disclaimer: Let me start of by saying that I'm a beginner when it comes to moding so my idea, which I’m about to present to you will probably not come out for a long time. I had initially thought up the Lore for Lumanor as a potential novel then as a Bop game. But the more I formed the history of the world the more it felt perfect for a mount and blade mod.
                So I say again, this isn’t an announcement that work has began on the game it’s just a medium for me to present my proposed idea and get some feedback from the community about game mechanics and lore changes that I should utilize.  But all my effort in learning to mod mount and blade will be leading up to me eventually making and releasing this mod. I may even wait and develop it instead for Bannerlord so it could take years. What I'm really after are people’s suggestions to changes in the Lore and the proposed game mechanics, as well as help and or references to help me in the development. This is rather extensive so be prepared to read. Without further ado here it is:

World Of Lumanor

A summary of all the Factions and their rulers:
The Great Dwarven States of Magic
Duridain – Proctor Balin, Arch mage of Dragon Fire.
Durador – Proctor Dashian, Arch mage of the Leviathan.
*Dwarfs summon Djin (creatures formed of dust, water and fire given life through magic) durable easy to summon and can serve as cannon fodder.

The Towers of Power
Sons of Mithria – Tower of Udin (black tower) few in number but each mage has an army of near unstoppable undead. (Dwarfs only)
Order of the white hand – Tower of Ula (white tower) a holy order determined to fight black magic throughout Lumanor. At constant war with the sons of Mithria

The Lands of mortal men
The Kingdom of Lothrir - Ruled by King Thrunas son of Horthai, Dwarf bane and Lord of Lothrir
The Republic of Starfire – Ruled by Nacor the usurper, Peoples Champion and Chancellor of Starfire
The Norodian Theocracy – ruled by Vash the Cruel, Chosen by God
West Harbour – ruled by Pronar Lovos Captain of The Starseeker

Dominion of the Elven tribes
The Great tribe of Ilundor – Khaisor Balor, Ruler of Evergreen Forest and protector of the Elven Lands
*They Wield great elven blades called Sothras and Spears called Londias. The Khaisor Sothrail (elite elven kings guard)

The Shadow Beyond the Mountain
The Dunadhin. The Red Horde, Led by a mysterious figure known as Bragol the Destroyer.

The mod starts at Age 1757

The History of Man:

The Kingdom of Lothrir

The tribes of Men have always been troubled in the Land of Lumanor. At the start of recorded history they were splintered and warring constantly with themselves and with the other races that neighbor them. Slaughter and pillage was the order of things, life was hard and death was a friend to all. In Age 557 the vicious war lord Aquilain Skull Keeper united the warring tribes of men and formed a new kingdom, sharing it’s name with the capital city Lothrir. For a thousand years Lothrir prospered and her people multiplied and expanded. More cities and castles were built and so the kingdom spread in the south of Lumanor.  The Lothrians grew rich on the gold mines of Gashen and under the watchful eye of the kings they grew content. But in the lands of men but there was a poison in their midst. A darkness that posed as light in the faces of men. The elders of Lothrir sought it out and identified man’s true enemy, Magic, and her twin sister Religion. The lands of men had long since embraced the teachings of science and rational thought. They saw the magic of the Dwarfs as evil and untrustworthy and envisioned themselves as “enlightened”. Preferring physics to telekinesis, chemistry to alchemy and biology to mysticism the Kingdom of Lothrir banned the use of magic within its borders in Age 1478. The Lothrian King then abolished all forms of religion two years later in Age 1478. This banishment of unearthly distractions and the embrace of earthly sciences culminated in Man’s crowning achievement, Gunpowder. This single discovering in Age 1570 revolutionized everything in the kingdom of Lothrir and also led to victory, although a costly one, against the United Dwarven alliance (more on that later). With their new discovery Man fashioned weapons of immense power, the fiercest of them all was the Cannon. This was where the power of Man truly lay. The cannon could reduce entire towns to dust and rain deadly shot and balls of iron on the enemy obliterating entire armies. As time went on so did the advancement of the weapons they used giving rise to muskets, rifles and pistols. With great strides in mass production and logistics the armies of Lothrir evolved to form regiments of musket wielding soldiers and platoons of cavalry supported of course by the mighty cannon.

The Rebellion

In Age 1750 some people of Lothrir were not happy. It was becoming extremely evident that the peoples fate where very much tied to their kings and their fortunes rose and fell with them. Citing past kings who had nearly brought the kingdom to ruin the Starfire movement was formed, named after the City that it was formed in. They wanted a greater say in how their lives were governed and demanded a formation of a parliament of voted officials. King Thrunas seeing this and fearing for his own power cracked down hard on the movement. Prompting the lord of Starfire to arrest some of the primary leaders and execute them publicly for treason and crimes against the crown. Rather than quell the unrest this only fed the flames and the movement went underground. For years the Starfire movement maneuvered in the shadows gathering the support of powerful men and preparing themselves. Whispers of rebellion began to spread through the kingdom of Lothrir, of revolution and a better life. Some of those whispers pointed to Nacor Elendar son of the Lord of Starfire as the current leader of the movement. It wasn't long until those whispers reached the king's ears and he traveled to starfire himself to arrest the rebel. On the road to Starfire the Kings party was ambushed by cloaked men and most of his guards were killed. Thrundas himself managed to escape alive with the help of one of his Generals. Even though the assassination had failed the movement was forced to act and the Starfire Republic was officially formed in Age 1753 sparking a bloody civil war. The lords of other cities joined the rebellion and the kingdom of Lothrir was split. The newly formed republic voted to place some citizens on a Central Council with each term of office lasting 5 years and the ability to run for another term once. They also voted for the formation of a Chancellor a citizen with some executive power but is always accountable to the central council. They voted Nacor as their Chancellor. By Age 1754 the civil war was in full swing with skirmishes between the republic and the kingdom happening daily. The death toll was staggering as the weapons of gunpowder rained destruction on the very people it had been created by. At the start of the mod in Age 1757 the two nations have fought themselves into a stalemate. While not technically at peace neither side seems willing (or able) to engage the other.

God's Chosen

Many have forgotten about the old God of Lothrir but not these men. When religion was abolished in Age 1478 The Church of Norodia urged it's faithful worshipers that to stay in the city was to invite certain death because surely God would heap fire and destruction on the non believers that would banish them. So they ventured out of Lothrir and into the wilderness, searching for a new home that would take them in. The Dwarves turned them away, viewing them as blasphemers and seeing their Norodian god as an affront to their own deities. The people roamed Lumanor for decades, some settling with the Elves in Evergreen Forest, some picking up a trade and forming lives in West Harbour and some seeking refuge in the less civilized areas of Lumanor. Some even returned to Lothrir agreeing to renounce their former religion. Over 200 years later in Age 1699 a man by the name of Vash proclaimed himself Prophet of Rashak(the chief god in the Norodian faith) and champion of God's people. He calls the true people of Faith to follow him and form a new Nation, one free from oppression. A place where God is worshipped freely and Norodians can be safe. From the far reaches of Lumanor Vash preaches and gathers followers, picking up the moniker "the cruel" for the instant execution of anyone within his followers convicted of a crime. Soon the Vash Leads his people now numbering in the thousands to the lands below the North mountain. There he sets up a new nation, one where religion is king and has vowed to one day take back Lothrir for the glory of the God. The Norodian military is a mix of everything but is mostly close range combat and cavalry. The Norodians have formed their holy army with bits and pieces of other nations. They have low level spell casters, some troops armed with gunpowder and some who have observed the secret sword dance of the elves. While their army is not the most advanced or professional each soldier is fanatically devoted to Vash and the Faith and will gladly die in battle knowing that they will meet paradise.

Money is King
*Coming soon. The lore behind the Merchant sailors of West Harbour. Masters of the sea, unmatched in naval combat.

The History of Dwarves:

The Legend of the Twin Cities

Long before man arrived to Lumanor there were the dwarfs. Small in stature and weak of limb but their connection to the arcane arts is unmatched. The legend of the twin cities has been told for generations passed down from father to child. Some claim it is folly, some believe that it truly is the way that the two Great Dwarven Cities came to be. It starts with the God King Danin creator of the world, keeper of secrets and patron of magecraft. He formed the universe from nothing and created the Dwarven race after his own image and also blessing them with the gift of magic. After his work was done Danin slumbered for 500 years, instructing his newly created people to subdue the world and make it theirs with the powers of magecraft he had so graciously given them. Danin awoke to find his land ablaze and his people dying in droves. While he slept the Dwarves had formed tribes and warred with each other. They had unlocked the more destructive forms of magic and slaughtered each other by the hundreds. Danin seeing this was heartbroken and decided to destroy the world rather than see the people he had created fall to darkness. Two brothers Duridain and Durador foreseeing the coming destruction appealed to the god and begged for him to spare their world even offering up their lives as penance for the sins of their race. The God king touched by their conviction decided on an alternative. He fashioned from the earth two Great cities and placed each of the brothers to rule them. With the two mighty fortresses working together Duridain and Durador united the Dwarf lands and set about forming official orders of magic. Danin satisfied with the brothers blessed them and slumbered once more. But he left them with a message. The hour of his waking is not known to any mortal, and if he should wake and see the dwarves in ruin again that the destruction of the world would be swift and final. So the Legend goes. The twin cities have existed as long as anyone can remember but they are not as close as one might think. While the intent was for the cities to rule in unison, centuries of change and discord have driven the two cities apart. Even though the cities share the name of brothers they are anything but. The relationship between the two cities has become one of rivals and their people look upon each other as such. One thing is still common between the two nations though, Magic. The dwarves have embraced the gift of magic and incorporated it into their daily lives as well as their military. The mages use various forms of magic to destroy their enemies such as Elementalism and Dragon Fire. They have also mastered the arts of arcane summoning and alchemy. Using their knowledge they fashion great armies of Djin. They are creatures formed of dust, water and fire given life through magic. They are relatively easy to summon and the Dwarven armies have used them as cannon fodder in their several wars with the kingdom of Lothrir. Using the Djin as a screen allows the highly trained battle mages to getting into mid-range combat, which is where they really shine. Using their spell books and charms they rain arcane death on their enemies.

Sons of Mithria

During the second Lothrian-Dwarven war things were different than the first time round. The kingdom of men had a new weapon. One capable of unspeakable destruction that could match the Arch Mage's own power. During the first war the dwarves had crushed the humans, burning them alive in their bright shining armor, turning their swords to water and easily diverting their arrows away. The second time was a far different affair. The cannons and the musket ripped through legions of Djin and thousands of battle mages. The heavy smoke from their weapons would screen the approach of their heavy cavalry allowing them to cut right through to the mages summoning and controlling the Djin. Dwarves are not meant for close combat their true power lies in their long to mid range magic and so it was a slaughter. Despite the destructive powers of the Dwarves they were losing and a new weapon was needed. A faction of mages devoted to the worship of Mithria, the black goddess of death shut themselves away to unlock the secrets of her power believing it would help turn the tides of war. One by one they fell to darkness and eventually they unlocked the powers of necromancy. By utilizing their connection to Magic and with a sacrifice as a catalyst they discovered a way to summon up vast armies of the undead and command them to destroy their enemies. The tru power of necromancy was shown at the Battle of Buhnar. The Lothrian army had the Dwarven army retreating and were picking them off with their cannons when all of a sudden The Sons of Mithria emerged from the ground flanked by their undead army and swallowed  up the Lothrian army. It was like a scene from hell. No matter how much the men fought the undead kept on coming and coming, slashing, ripping, stabbing unitl not a single soul was left. After the battle the Kingdom of Lothrir agreed to a peace with the Dwarves. Although necromancy had stopped the war the Elders of Duridain and Durador Cast the Sons of Mithria out denouncing necromancy as black magic and outlawing it throughout the Dwarven lands. The Elders at first tried to kill them to end the abomination but the Sons of Mithria had fallen too far into the realm of death and could not be killed. Regardless they accepted their fate and fled to the Tower of Udin to live in secrecy and Isolation. Necromancy is an extremely powerful and volatile tool. Summoning up the undead takes a lot of effort and is almost impossible to achieve, but if you manage it, you control a near unstoppable army. The undead aren't impossible to kill, it's just bloody hard.

Order of the White hand
*Coming soon. An order of Dwarves, Men and Elves dedicated to fight black magic and the darkness growing in Lumanor.

The History of Elves:

Khaisor Balor

The Elven tribes had inhabited the vastness of Evergreen Forest to the north as long as anyone can remember. Unlike the other races in Lumanor the Elves do not keep a written history, preferring instead to pass down stories from generation to generation. Very little is known of Elven history but a Dwarf by the name of Prass Arch mage of Nature. Ventured to heart ever green forest and wrote extensively about their customs and ways. The Elves hold honor above every other virtue and it is the single most important aspect of an Elf's life. It plays a part in almost everything they do, first and foremost in the way that they fight. The Elves disdain ranged combat and view Dwarves and Men as craven for killing their enemies at a distance. Instead the Elves have placed the heart and soul of their culture in the Sothra. Great two handed Elven blades forged with the very blood of the user. The Elves have proclaimed themselves masters of the sword and are unmatched in close combat. They wield the Sothrars with such grace and skill that Prass compared their technique to a dance and that is indeed what they call it. Frithia Sokari it means "Final Dance" in the Elven tongue. The Sothra is not the only weapon wielded by the Elves however. They also weld great spears called Londias and are adept on horseback as well. While the Tribes of the elves have relative autonomy in Evergreen forest they are united under one Khaisor.The Khaisor acts as a rallying point for all the tribes and also settles disputes between Khaisa(Clan leaders). The Khaisor is expected to be the finest blademaster in Lumanor but despite that they have the Khaisor Sothrail, the elite kings guard. 20 in number they are hand picked by the Khaisor himself and are truly the finest Final Dancers in Ilundor(Elven for Evergreen Forest). In Age 1745 Khaisor Torak was ruler of Ilundor and he was far from the ideal Elf. Trade and interactions with the other nations of Lumanor had made him soft and rich. He coveted gold and precious metals and even sold Elven secrets to the other races in pursuit of them. Before long he also grew fat and arrogant, ignoring his duties to the people. Khaisa Balor leader of a powerful tribe in the western part of Ilundor was growing restless. Khaisor Torak had ignored his request of an audience and had given the Norodians leave to cut down his trees without consulting with him. This angered Balor and a lot of the other Khaisas. Torak hearing whispers of dissent fabricated a claim that Balor had dishonored him and sent 10 of the Khaisor Sothrail to Balor's domain to slay him. When they arrived a fight ensued and Balor manged to slay 6 of them before escaping. Balor had vanished and Torak felt safe once more. 2 weeks later a figure cloaked in black entered the throne room and threw his Sothra at the feet of the Khaisor. It was Balor and he challenged the Torak to Reqas Boros. An Elven law that states that a Khaisor can be challenged once in his reign to a fight to the death and the victor is crowned the new ruler. Torak laughed at this notion and ordered the Khaisor Sothrail to kill him. But they did not move. Instead they handed their Khaisor a sothra and ushered him to fight Balor. This Khaisor had acted out of greed, had sold Elven secrets to outsiders, had ignored the duties of his office and worst of all, he had acted without honor. Torak had been a blade master once, but no more. Balor cut him down in swift fashion and claimed the throne of Ilundor. The Khaisor Sothrail are suppposed to die with their Khaisor but instead Balor stripped them of their status. Some he gave the leadership of a tribe some he placed in the army but the 4 surviving members of the group that had come to kill him, he banished from Ilundil.

The Shadow:

The Elves were the first to encounter them. An army of black beasts and humanoid creatures, satisfied only with the flesh of the living. the started to come down from the mountain in small packs at first, but their numbers are growing and they are getting bolder. Khaisor Balor has sent a message for aid from the other kingdoms but so far on The Order of the White Hand has responded. Something dark is growing at the heart of the mountain. The Elven Dreamweavers speak of a man, no not a man and entity that calls himself Bragol the Destroyer Lord of Lumanor. With the discord and death in Lumanor his power grows and soon he will venture out with the full might of his army, The Dunadhin. Very little is known of this faction and thier mysterious leader.

The lands of men are fighting each other. War between the Kingdom of Lothrir and the Dwarven nation of Duridain over disputes of the crystal mines is looming. The dwarven twin cities accuse each other of espionage and have already begun a "cold war". Tensions between the elves and the newly formed Norodian Theocracy are high. In west Harbour Pirates pillage and loot and there is talk of sea monsters. All the while the Dunadhin pose a constant threat. The World of Lumanor hangs in the Balance, What will you do?

Will you travel to the Lands of Men and help over throw the tyrannical Kingdom for the Good of the Republic? Or perhaps you'll swear fealty to King Thrunas and crush the filthy rebels to restore Lothrir to its former Glory.
You can journey to the land of the Dwarves earn their trust and unlock the secrets of magecraft. You could help unite the Twin cities once more and destroy the Human Kingdoms or you could be the catalyst that tips the balance and gives one city the upper hand over the other.
You could travel to the heart of Ilundil and live amongst the elves, prove yourself honorable and they might grant you a Sacred Sothra and teach you the deeper aspects of the mysterious Final Dance.
Join the Order of the White hand and fight the coming Red Horde or take Mithria as you goddess and lead an army of undead.
Perhaps your goals are more sinister. Will you travel to the heart of evil itself? Deep into the black mountains, the domain of the Dunadhin, meet their master, embrace the shadow and use the Dunadhin to conquer Lumanor for yourself.

So there you have it. From the lore I've written you can get an idea of how the game mechanics are going to be and how the different races will interact with each other. I want to create a mod where the player gets sucked into the lore of the world and makes decisions that actually matter to him. I also want the battles to be Spectacular and different every time. Fighting the Red Horde with an army of mages will be completely different from fighting and Elven War band with a Regiment of Dragoons. I want tactics to actually matter and the player to figure out for himself the best way to fight other armies. They all have weakness an some of them have already been mention in the history. Soon I'll write up a comprehensive "Planned Features" list and fill in the missing Lore. Some of the obvious features would be a Magic system, muskets and cannons, army spawns, religion, things like that. Please leave me any feedback on changes to the lore, characters or history. I'm also taking suggestions if you have any, as long as it's constructive. Also Help in the form of resources that might be useful to me in achieving my goals would be useful and very much appreciated. And of course if anybody wants to help me with the development don't hesitate to pm me. Modelers are especially welcome :smile:

I have a map that I'm planning to edit and use. It's a beautiful map created by the talented Kazzan:
ehiuza.jpg

Sounds reasonable, I guess. I also like how the world's name sounds quite similar to my humble self. :razz:
And, it's probably intentional, but your post reeks of Tolkien influence - and I really, really like Tolkien, so that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Good luck if you actually do commit to the project.

That's actually how I came up with the name  :lol:

Yes, some of the names are very "Tolkien" influenced but the rest of the lore I tried my best to distance from his own and also the "classical" depiction of Elves, Dwarves and men. For example removing the prevalent expectation of the Elves to be elegant god like beings unmatched with a bow. Instead they take on a more tribal and Samurai esque nature and have nothing to do with archery.

Anyway thanks for the vote of confidence, I fully intend to see the mod developed at some point in the future. I just have to get more modding skills first.

I like the map, but you should expand it, because such a short distance from the border will cause the player to see the end of it, and eventually have a sight on the skybox from below.

The Bowman said:
I like the map, but you should expand it, because such a short distance from the border will cause the player to see the end of it, and eventually have a sight on the skybox from below.
Thanks for the advice.

SwadianJedi said:
It looks good, I would definently play it if it comes out. I like how the elves aren't the usual Bow-Gods you so often see.
Yea I tried to avoid those kind of stereotypes as much as possible.

A Bleach mod, yea I know what your thinking but im considering on making one for Warband. If I did start would anyone be interested in it.

Back
Top Bottom