Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

You have to download 1257 A.D. version 3.0 full, then use the second link of these I gave you. You'll see a blue button and two white buttons in a line somewhere in the page. The white button that is directly to the right of the blue one has a download symbol and says (24.96 M). This is the "Download" button. Click it.
You'll get a popup with a blue button and a white button. You don't want to accelerate anything, so hit the white one. You'll be prompted to download the file, so do it.
From what I gather, you have to install this over the 1257 A.D. mod.

ART0PR said:
Euklyb said:
ART0PR said:
I have had this idea for a long time.

A mod focused on small 6v6 2v2 & 1v1 competitive multiplayer game modes like LoL or World of Tanks. The core of the mod will be high tech armours which will give you buffs (more armour, faster movement speed even super jump ect.) and two weapon types: sword & bow. Equipment would be completely customizable down to the armour colour. Each game mode would have its own map. The combat would be redesigned to be more dynamic and encourage movement around the map as well as map awareness & teamwork.

I have done some stuff for this already but I`m wondering if I anybody would like to play this as well.

Yea, you could take the system of pw to buy the weapons and do a map, where you can't see everythibg. But it will be hard to find a solution, so people cannot spawnkill.

Its nothing like pw, I really don`t understand where you got that from. Could you please explain further?

I meand the weapon buying system, because if you can't buy weapons without dying it's a bit silly, no?

Would anyone here be interested in a Haitian Revolution mod for NW? I've done the groundwork for it, just wondering if anyone would give it a shot. I think it's a fascinating part of history.

I HAVE GREAT IDEA.....but Is a bit too complicated for my very basic modding skills. FALLOUT yes a post apocalyptic mod for M&B Warband. The mod would take place on a campaign map of North America(it will be cost to cost BIG) not during the time between Fallout 2 and Fallout 3. The normal Big facctions of Fallout will be included (BoS, Enclave, The Institute,) But the majority of the map will be filled with lots of much smaller factions, tribes, and raider bands. in example (The Blackfoot tribe, Dead Horse tribe, Ashur's PITT, All the Different vaults, Super mutants, and etc.) but tis all but a dream of mine I just need someone to make it a reality. Even if someone uses me for all my ideas about the different factions and features and then takes all the credit I wolnt care as long as I get to play it. (really would like credit)

That not original. Its been done. They released a beta and then the mod died.

Edit: And that's easy to do. It just takes time and items.

What does (it will be cost to cost BIG) mean?

BradM96 said:
Hi everyone, until now i have been playing mods of others, they were really good (thank you each and every modder out there in the world) and kept me interested in single player( yeah, i am a big time single player). But now i would like to develop a mod with help of gud modders here.

I would like a mount and blade warband mod theme on "age of empires 2 : conquerors".
it would a big world map with enough distance between civilizations, not a crowded one.
The civilizations and units like age of empires 2 : conquerors : like franks, britons, huns, mayans, chinese, saracenes, spanish, goths etc.
with some added features like :
1) in open world map when we travel from one place to another, our entire unit or some of it should be visible marching together like in AoE
2) one of our unit should bear the flag by default (if we have any flag)
- there should be a flag bearer who can also get injured or die but automatically resurrected later in next battle.He should hold the flag on a pole with one hand and a short sword on the other.he should be on foot if we have any foot soldier(even one foot soldier) but if all our units are mounted he should also be on horse. [This flag bearer will also keep you motivated to fight for honor and glory even in difficult circumstances. this will keep u going even when odds are against you :razz: ].
If you still dont have a banner or flag, there should be a drummer footman who beats a drum with sticks (war cry to motivate)
3) smaller unit indicator - this is the round thinggy displayed on our units head.
4) double handed should be allowed - dual wield on our character.
5) while attacking a city - there should be innocent people running around, if we go inside the city.
6) every weapon should be throwable (thrown at enemy for damage)- like u can throw away a sword,spear (all pole class should not be throw able except for the spear) etc but if u do u will have to go pick it up else bare hand! fist fight. all weapon should function like jav or throwing axes, it should have the same toggle between thrown and melee. cos in real combat we can throw for dealing damage. the thrown weapons which get a successful hit should not be recoverable like javs n thrown axes.
7) stronger AI of NPC, when i equip them with a lance n sword, they keep picking lance even while fighting on foot!! they should switch to shorter weapon by default if they are found using shield + lance combination on foot, if they have other weapon on their inventory.
8. there should be items like necklace, rings, bracelets which would cost 100 or 200 dinars like iron or wool, they should be recovered while fighting a lord etc cos most of the time when some lord is with very low lvl solders, dont feel like fighting him.i get only blunt weapons. At least recover recover or get to collect horses when u win a battle after fighting mounted units to sell them later!!
9) auto skill update/leveling for lords - uncontrollable lords/ computer controlled lords.
10) siege weapon - eg like chariot with one horse, purchased from horse merchant? this should be only for main character or NPC heros. and buying only one chariot should be allowed. this is difficult :sad: but i saw couple of damaged wagons in some cities if that can be put to work :razz: (i am picturing gladiator chariot guys who throw javs or archer)
11) more cool awesome formation for foot soldiers like in troy: shield defense. this would be a blessing in disguise for already strong nords. that is why the chariots to run them :smile: only high level foot soldiers should be able to perform this or anyone with shield(even mounted units with shield after they are told to dismount). formations like - shield wall, testudo formation(the eagle- movie) or circling the entire group by the shield soldires, so that archers can fire from the centre. - pike formation with protruding spears of spear-men so that they don't get run down by horses (brave heart - movie)  -- most important, the computer controlled lords should be able to do this too.
12) shield bash: pressing attack while blocking- eg skyrim.
13) contemporary real kings of medieval world, a bigger map - it would be better to call Calradia as "world" and have kings like king arthur, Genghis Khan, joan of arc, william wallace, Ragnar Lodbrok, Atila, Saladin  etc who were real instead of the existing ones and to that add an eastern kingdom - Japanese or Chinese (samurai foot n mounted! - the last samurai) and an isolated Mayan or Aztec with few city n relatively weak armies on foot with not much steel tools but rich kingdom on resources(inspired from apocalypto movie).

summary:
PS:
:::::: guys/gals anyone out there who can modify the basic M&B warband please please do listen and help:::::
i would love a mount and blade warband with the following features: shield bash, auto skill update/leveling for lords(computer controlled) , dual wield (dual wield not while on horse), all throwable weapon to deal damage(toggle between thrown and melee like throwing axes or javs, other than pole weapons except spear, spear should be throwable not lances), smarter NPC heroes who switch to shorter weapon while on foot (no lance+shield combo), entire units and type of troops travelling together on the world map (like it does in a formation in aoe), the flag bearer, more items to collect after battle( horse, their supplies etc ) and contemporary kings and kingdoms of medieval world(+eastern kingdom). i wouldnt want fancy graphics(wouldnt complain if i get) but these features on gameplay with be a great experience.
This is my dream mount and blade warband.

I would be extremely grateful to you. I am sure a lot of people will also like a mod with these features.

found a link for shield bash in youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcMwkYVO9t4

Would anyone like to see a mod for Warband based on an Alternative Europe? The idea is that the mod takes place in 'Europe' but all factions, locations, etc. are completely different. There will be about 15+ factions, each with their own lore. Some are fantasy factions while others are based on real ones and all of them will have unique troop trees. I'm already done the map and I renamed everything and placed the parties on the map and laid the groundwork, and even planned out all the factions but I don't know if anyone will be interested to play such a mod.

Not really. :???:

I find Europe pretty uninteresting, but maybe it would be cool when it is finished. :???:

Good luck. :smile:

If it's going to be a simple Warband re-skin with over 9000 factions, don't bother. It has to have something special to make it interesting, something other mods don't have.
If you think the lore is unique, but it doesn't have a gameplay effect except a few dialog lines, it's not good enough.

cwr said:
Not really. :???:

I find Europe pretty uninteresting, but maybe it would be cool when it is finished. :???:

Good luck. :smile:
Thanks! On the contrary I find European history fascinating  :wink:

MadVader said:
If it's going to be a simple Warband re-skin with over 9000 factions, don't bother. It has to have something special to make it interesting, something other mods don't have.
If you think the lore is unique, but it doesn't have a gameplay effect except a few dialog lines, it's not good enough.
Well that's something for me to think about. The lore will have some direct effects to gameplay, the most obvious example being character creation. There will be a random events system and also every faction will have their own special strong spot. I'm just doing some brainstorming right now, because I haven't really got anything down other than parties, map and lore.

Thanks for the advice MV  :smile:

I'll let you use the unique feature I'm making for Perisno and Winter Falls if you want. :smile:

(The backstory, I'm making the other one OSP when its finished :wink:)

I'm being purposefully vague here, respond via PM please. :wink:

yes thank you very much, i would be interested in Europe, but mostly Eurasia cos Europe is joined to Asia... if we can have a mod based on entire Eurasia it will be great. regarding the vanilla mount and blade war band, i for one will not complain if its changed for better graphics.

If we have revolting faction groups for a kingdom like in history it will be good too. like sea raider cave as Robin Hood's camp, revolting against King Henry III of the Britons kingdom. Joan of arc as one of the lord for franks and marriageable (hope she is made hot), William Wallace against the England king etc with their specific camps and small villages.
After i join the Britons as lord, King Henry would give me quest to eliminate them(robin hood + william wallace) for rewards or take up the cause of william wallace and help them bring down the english kingdom till they recognize scotland as an independent kingdom etc.
or after eliminating robin hoot n william wallace, help king henry in crusade against the saladin etc.
Or help Genghis khan spread his empire to Europe.

for the Saladin, help him maintain defend the Jerusalem and help spread their religion by doing noble deeds.
for robin hood quest, help loot britons caravan n give them part of the loot to people which will make the merchants prices go significantly down in Briton kingdom.
these need not be the quest but the motives of each kingdom, which would be reflected in the game.

And lastly thank you all the mods out there.

PS: something unsual, i would very much like to see the tech trees and i am interested in the mod. bt i would like to avoid fantasy things keeping it real, can you please release without fantasy n magic stuff keeping combats n things sticking to real lives. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom