mod for female troops, all turn into children - 1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

i was using amazonian troop mod, and update the game to 1.5.7.. try new game and the first time i encounter a looter there is a bunch of children in the party.. in the results window, all those children is the female version of looter which come from the mod.. i try another female troops mod, and the same thing happens.. any fix to this?

This mod:

?

It hasn't been updated since April so it just isn't going to work. You have to make sure the mods work with the game version you're using.

well the mod was working before update.. and moreover not just that mod.. other female troop mods too.. although yes, those mods hasn't been updated for a while.. i just wondering if there any fix to those mods for current update?

1.5.7 changed the way units are written in the game files so any unit mod that hasn't been updated for 1.5.7 won't work. There might be similar mods on nexus. Doesn't seem like anyone is maintaining that mod though so unlikely that it'll be updated.

try using that one now.. although just gonna copy some lines from the troops unit xml.. not gonna apply the whole mod since that mod has many dependencies and too much a headache.. it seems the difference is just the writing for <face>.. this update writes more detailed right away in the lines, while previous version seems just using a template.. gonna see if changing those lines gonna work..

haha.. thx mate.. i had done some simple mod since warband.. sometimes include editing some mesh using simple tools like wings 3d.. only using others mod as template and tweak it more to my preference and private use only though..

btw.. i have find the last thing to fix for old troops mod to be compatible with this update.. the <equipmentSet> line must be changed to <EquipmentRoster> and should add <Equipments></Equipments> in the outside..

okay, changing the <face> line in old mods fix the turning into children problem.. however, they appear to be naked and without equipment at all.. seems more lines need tweaking..
haha.. thx mate.. i had done some simple mod since warband.. sometimes include editing some mesh using simple tools like wings 3d.. only using others mod as template and tweak it more to my preference and private use only though..

btw.. i have find the last thing to fix for old troops mod to be compatible with this update.. the <equipmentSet> line must be changed to <EquipmentRoster> and should add <Equipments></Equipments> in the outside..
What did you change the <face> lines too?
Are these actually the only things you changed to get it working?

What did you change the <face> lines too?
Are these actually the only things you changed to get it working?
in previous version inside <face> ... </face> is a template function, where you just put a template id for an npc character build.. however in current version, somehow it doesn't work anymore.. so looking at some updated troops mod just like the link you gave above (calradia girls), inside <face> line is a more detailed body properties.. like age, face key, etc.. i am just copying all text inside <face>...</face> from that mod..

such as this :

<face>
<BodyProperties version="4" age="18.10" weight="0.0" build="0.2157" key="00000002C00003410560061000115164100574100001224225564603800101000255202405431101000000000000000000000000000000000000000000A01000" />
<BodyPropertiesMax version="4" age="22.22" weight="0.2" build="0.45" key="000580070000354AFE722D3D7685EEF98CAB7DFFAFC1FFCC99ABAF8A833C4B5705BBA0570BABEC96000000000000000000000000000000000000000001788105" />
</face>

those body properties data i got from calradia girls mod.. but i guess those data is also copied by mod author from native files.. i look it in /Modules/SandBoxCore/spnpccharacters.xml, those files contain body properties data for every npc and troops in native games..

(notes : some lines in that files still using template function though.. so i guess, perhaps it doesn't necessarily need to change the line inside <face> ... </face> to body properties data.. what makes the previous version mod doesn't work anymore is perhaps because the id for npc character in spnpccharacters.xml is changed by game dev, therefore the game doesn't recognize it.. then it can't generate body properties for the troops mod, and somehow just creating babies, because it's the default?..)

also every culture has different data.. so make sure you copy appropriate body properties data for each corresponding culture your mod gonna create.. such as if you want to build some custom khuzait army, put body properties data from khuzait npc's body properties data, so they build gonna have face keys typical to the culture (such as slanted eyes)..

another thing to change is <equipmentSet> line.. in previous version, the code for troop equipment is <equipmentSet> ... </equipmentSet>. If you want more varieties, just add more such as :
<equipmentSet>
</equipmentSet>
<equipmentSet>
</equipmentSet>
<equipmentSet>
</equipmentSet>

(fill the three dots with equipment slot and ID)

for current version, the code must be written like this :
<Equipments>
<EquipmentRoster>
</EquipmentRoster>
<EquipmentRoster>
</EquipmentRoster>
<EquipmentRoster>
</EquipmentRoster>
</Equipments>

example :

<Equipments>
<EquipmentRoster civilian="true">
<equipment slot="Body"
id="Item.battania_dress_a" />
<equipment slot="Leg"
id="Item.ladys_shoe" />
</EquipmentRoster>
<EquipmentRoster>
<equipment slot="Body"
id="Item.battania_female_civil_b" />
<equipment slot="Leg"
id="Item.ladys_shoe" />
<equipment slot="Cape"
id="Item.battania_civil_cloak" />
</EquipmentRoster>
</Equipments>

and thats all.. my older version installed mod has been working again.. :grin:

Kudos to you man, I'm kind of jealous that you have the skills to do something like this. I have zero abilities when it comes to this kind of stuff.
it's just very simple actually.. you just edit text files.. and the text code needs to be written is very intuitive.. no need special course in coding C++ whatsoever.. although i still don't know how to generate dll files.. but since i am just editing an already created mod for my own preferences, i won't need that much.. :grin:

No doubt. I kind of miss the Peasant Women and Sword Sisters of Warband. I used to be motivated to go after some bandit parties just on account of the women they held captive, being the noble hero that I am! :razz:

One of my favourite playthroughs of all time in Warband involved a female civilian who I played as having escaped her bandit tormentors and dedicated her life to freeing women facing the same fate. She'd only keep the Peasant Women she rescued, and trained them all up to Sword Sisters. Eventually she joined with Lady Arwa and they ruled the Sarranid Sultanate for a while, until they had a falling out and I had to establish my own kingdom. Can't do any of that in Bannerlord.

No doubt. I kind of miss the Peasant Women and Sword Sisters of Warband. I used to be motivated to go after some bandit parties just on account of the women they held captive, being the noble hero that I am! :razz:

One of my favourite playthroughs of all time in Warband involved a female civilian who I played as having escaped her bandit tormentors and dedicated her life to freeing women facing the same fate. She'd only keep the Peasant Women she rescued, and trained them all up to Sword Sisters. Eventually she joined with Lady Arwa and they ruled the Sarranid Sultanate for a while, until they had a falling out and I had to establish my own kingdom. Can't do any of that in Bannerlord.
true indeed.. i love strong woman!! and in medieval era, not so immersive but, one great romance.. XD

kinda weird bannerlord has many a couple female generals, yet not female unit at all.. so i always feel like to add female troops mod to play bannerlord.. although the other reason is just me being pervert.. XD

true indeed.. i love strong woman!! and in medieval era, not so immersive but, one great romance.. XD

kinda weird bannerlord has many a couple female generals, yet not female unit at all.. so i always feel like to add female troops mod to play bannerlord.. although the other reason is just me being pervert.. XD
Actually, quite the opposite, Sturgia representing Scandinavian influences might catch one of the influences where women were not demoted human beings, but actually equals. Women in Scandinavian culture ran the household, and were even warriors.

If I'd argue anything breaks immersion, I'd say it's the homogenization of patriarchy in the game's "different" cultures.

I mean, at least there's Svana, I guess. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom