Missing Villagers - fixed, see first post!

Users who are viewing this thread

gamerdude873

Veteran
EDIT 25-08-11: Adorno

This file will fix missing villagers bug (villagers not leaving towns):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8432316/simple_triggers.txt

(I suggest right-clicking and downloading the file rather than opening and copy-pasting the content).
INSTALL: Once downloaded place it in the Brytenwalda folder and overwrite the existing simple_triggers.txt.

ORIGINAL POST:

I reported this in the bug thread, but I wanted to see if there was anyone else having this problem, or better yet, people who weren't, around the community.

I'm running MB: WB 1.43 (or whatever the latest and greatest version is) and Brytenwalda 1.36, with the graphical add-on pack.

Quote from: Bratislav on August 20, 2011, 08:56:42 PM on the bug thread

Economy is down right broken for me...
    1) Only makes sense that you buy from villages and sell to town-with insane profit...
    2) Making productive enterprizes is almost useless since everyting is either so little profit, or -profit..
    3) i didnt see any villagers parties on the map... Is that normal? How are villages trading then...

What isn't mentioned here is that most cities are hell-holes. Their rents are practically nothing for lords, and trading between towns is not worthwhile. Neither are enterprises, which depend on the goods in the local market. All trade goods go for incredible profits as soon as the player finds out there's a a rather large backlog of super-cheap goodies hiding in the village stores.

So post away about your own experience. I really hope that this is an isolated incident and there is a quick and easy fix for this. I was having boatloads of fun till I realized what was happening, and this is a game breaker. You can't advance into mid-game as a land holder and certainly not as a king without the rents these big cities provide in addition to the enterprises.

Adorno said:
Valkirah said:
After 200 in-game days this is my observation as well.

- No villagers are on the map anywhere
I see villagers on the map, but I'm only on day 4 or so.
(v. 1.36 patched)

I'm playing a clean 1.35 patched to 1.36, no cheats, no TweakMB, and I see not a single villager on the whole map.

Hmmmm.... there has got to be an easy fix....

Tested on clean 1.35 NOT patched to 1.36 and discovered the following:
1.  Villagers come and go as normal to non-port cities
2.  Port cities receive villagers but never release them... and those villagers are never seen again

So I wonder... in 1.36 with the addition of some port city tweaks, did it break villagers for every city?  Because this was still an issue in 1.35 but at least non-port cities could still trade with villages... now all cities are broken in 1.36.

Reply if you can reproduce these results or have noticed similar behavior.

Val

damn... another game killing bug, when will it end!?  :sad:

yea no village groups in my game either, using 1,36

I would test the 1.35 trick myself, but I never downloaded that version and I can't afford to download another 500+ MB on my connection... my sattelite ISP caps my connection ruthlessly. ($60-70 a month for 350 MB/day? Can't even play games that require a 14k dial-up modem to play? WTF?)

Could a mod dev comment on this? I'd like to know what I can do to help quash this bug.

Using 1.35 patched to 1.36, no villagers either  :cry:, except for a rare peasent woman prisoner found in an occasional denia pirate party..

Navenis said:
maybe only patched games have it.

So you have downloaded and installed full 1.36 and have observed villagers going back and forth between villages and both port towns and non-port towns?

Thanks,
  Val

I did a clean install and haven't experienced any problems except for this bug, which is major.  Hopefully there will be a quick fix for this soon!  :grin:

It happens with all the Villages and Towns, not just the coastal ones.

There are simply no Villagers in my game, all the goods stay in the Villages.

A hot-fix for this bug would be great!  :smile:

I only happened to stumble across one lonely troop of villagers in my whole game, which was short after the start.

So it seems as if villagers do not return from the towns they went to (migration that early in history) =)

I think this might be the reason why things are insanely cheap in villages and insanely expensive in towns, isn't it?

Hm hope this don't mean i need another new Game to fix that.
I know i can import the Chars but c'mon (i hate that so i don't do it) ... :roll:

And yeah, waited some time near a Port City, some Farmers going in but not out - but some Caravans.
Didn't tested it with other Citys or the impact on the Trade directly.

SirNitram said:
I only happened to stumble across one lonely troop of villagers in my whole game, which was short after the start.

So it seems as if villagers do not return from the towns they went to (migration that early in history) =)

I think this might be the reason why things are insanely cheap in villages and insanely expensive in towns, isn't it?
Yes that is correct...
And why towns are soo poor as ****

anyways i vote for a hotfix  :wink:

is there any other bugs that are this important?
the mod seems  very stable but theres always a small change that have huge gameplay effects...

and pleeease god of code let this be save game compatible! i am having so much fun with 1,36!

wish i knew how to code and i could give it a try myself.  :grin:
haha how hard can it be?

Idibil said:
mm, this problem is with towns with port only, no?

In 1.35 it appears to have only been a problem with port towns (so less noticeable).

In 1.36 it is now an issue with ALL towns (port and non-port).  Villagers appear to go inside town and then never come out.

Thanks for replying to this thread,
  Val

OMG I discovered what is happening to the villagers!  :!:

First they come out of the village, ignorant of the outside world:

peasentshuh.jpg

When they arrive into town, they see all it has to offer:

peasents1.jpg
peasents2.jpg
peasents3.jpg

And they decide to stay and live happily ever after...

pimp3x600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom