Missing Villagers - fixed, see first post!

Users who are viewing this thread

DerHerbst said:
Yeah this bug is a big game breaker but i've been playing on anyway.  The game is great despite the bugs and I'm glad that I can still at least play.  I figure I used to make like 6-9,000/week in trade/loot/fief rents so every week I just go into my inventory screen and hit ctrl+x 9 times  :lol:  It's not the most fun way to play but at least you can afford to campaign on a large scale.  I'm glad to hear that the team is working on a fix for this.  Hopefully it will be here soon!

Well, what I did was import a character with 500k (was how much I had from my 1.35 save game) and buy 15 factories.

DerHerbst said:
Yeah this bug is a big game breaker but i've been playing on anyway.  The game is great despite the bugs and I'm glad that I can still at least play.  I figure I used to make like 6-9,000/week in trade/loot/fief rents so every week I just go into my inventory screen and hit ctrl+x 9 times  :lol:  It's not the most fun way to play but at least you can afford to campaign on a large scale.  I'm glad to hear that the team is working on a fix for this.  Hopefully it will be here soon!

Yeah at this point I'm tempted to do the same... the only problem is that the longer the game goes, the more pronounced the effects become.  I played a game to 200+ days and it was if every village and town became a wasteland of despair.  It dramatically affects the army sizes of NPC lords.  The entire economy comes crashing down.  Sure I can cheat myself some coins... but then it's no longer a fair game.

Hoping for an easy fix that comes soon.
Val

Idibil said:
Hi

I have few freetime this days. And I cannt look into at this problem

However, Motomataru (thanks Motomataru) have work into at it and I think he fixed this.

Thank you very much for the update Idibil.  I realize that everyone has a real life, and that this mod is just something that you do in your free time.  Your hard work is really appreciated!

I remain hopeful that a hotfix is coming soon!

Cheers,
  Val

Idibil said:
JorgoPimp said:
When can we expect the fix to come?

If all is right, we will add it with freelancer update patch for fans this/next week

If I may be so bold, it may be better to release them separately. Freelancer may introduce a swarm of new bugs, when all we need is a bugfix at the moment. In this way, if the Freelancer add-on conks out, we still have our fix at the ready.

Though I suppose that technically, Freelancer could be avoided just by not using the system, but you can never be too careful.

My two cents anyways. Keep it up Idibil.

It would be better to have a small hotfix patch just for this problem, version 1.36 is quite stable, fixing the missing villagers issue would make it playable and enjoyable.

Perhaps a separate "How to" guide could be posted, so that we can go into the files and fix it manually(if that is possible of course).

My summer vacation draws to a close, and I would really like to play some more Brytewalda...  :smile:

i also want to vote for separate patch for this fix,

freelancer is a cool idea, but being a independent mercenary have more fun factor, as freelancer is in its early stages and there is not much content in it yet.
mostly because it is boring to wait for the lord to get in real fights, maybe if instead of a single lord we could enlist to the whole faction,

then we could ask if we could get transfered to another lord if we wanted to, the lord would respond differently according to what he was doing, if he was on a campaign, defending lands or scouting for an enemy he would say no, but if he was resting his castle or other non fighting stuff he would say yes..

you would have to specify witch lord you would want to join, and if your current lord was on bad terms with the lord you wanted to be transfered too he would also say no, or maybe a lose a relationship point.

got another idea too, if you have a high rank and/or a good relationship with your lord, you could get a temporary control of a patrol unit, but only if this lord was resting in a town/castle he owned. this would get you something too do while waiting for a new campaign,

the soldiers of this patrol unit should be from the town/castle garrison. and the number of units you get would be affected by the town garrison and your lords renown.

also for for not making this feature unbalanced/too easy there would be some limits...

these soldiers is loyal to your lord, so who/what you can attack would be limited.
And so you cant move around the whole map like some mercenary you need to report back to your lord every couple of days.

hmm maybe this should have been postet in the freelancer forum but anyways give me my villagers back  :wink:

Idibil said:
JorgoPimp said:
When can we expect the fix to come?

If all is right, we will add it with freelancer update patch for fans this/next week

If it is a fix that we can do ourselves, could someone please publish it?  I don't mind doing a manual edit if I have to.

Motomataru posted a fix for this bug on page 11 of the 1.36 Bug Thread.  I tried it out and it definitely worked 100% for me.

This will fix missing villagers bug (villagers not leaving towns):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8432316/simple_triggers.txt

(I suggest right-clicking and downloading the file rather than opening and copy-pasting the content).

Adorno said:
This will fix missing villagers bug (villagers not leaving towns):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8432316/simple_triggers.txt

(I suggest right-clicking and downloading the file rather than opening and copy-pasting the content).
Did missing villagers affect on cities economy or it just a visual game feature? Another words, will this file fix cities economy?

It did affect the prosperity of the Towns and Villages, now that they are going back and forth means that the economy should work properly.

Thank you for releasing the hotfix.

After applying the villager fix I can no longer issue commands in battle.
Anyone else having this issue?

Back
Top Bottom