SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Minor and Major clans offer their services as mercenaries or vassals respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Currently, you must travel the world and ask (really beg) clans to join as a vassal or be a mercenary for your kingdom. This can be a bit stupid when you're the only kingdom in the game that has really any power and a ton of fiefs, meanwhile many fiefless clans would rather join another weaker kingdom for free and still be fiefless than join you for free even though they would have a higher chance at getting a fief.
Same story with the mercenaries really. They're meant to help weaker kingdoms against larger, more powerful ones, but they would still join a war against you even if you are weaker since they can't ask you to join.

Imo, this is a pretty major handicap to a pretty significant "core mechanic" in the game, which is running your own kingdom. I was really hoping this would get added to the game before or on the 1.0 release of the game.

Currently, you must travel the world and ask (really beg) clans to join as a vassal or be a mercenary for your kingdom. This can be a bit stupid when you're the only kingdom in the game that has really any power and a ton of fiefs, meanwhile many fiefless clans would rather join another weaker kingdom for free and still be fiefless than join you for free even though they would have a higher chance at getting a fief.
Same story with the mercenaries really. They're meant to help weaker kingdoms against larger, more powerful ones, but they would still join a war against you even if you are weaker since they can't ask you to join.

Imo, this is a pretty major handicap to a pretty significant "core mechanic" in the game, which is running your own kingdom. I was really hoping this would get added to the game before or on the 1.0 release of the game.
I think mercenaries should be reworked to work only for rich factions, because currently factions can use them as a "debt payer" for their factions debts, they should make it, like it is in Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign, who a Kingdom needs to pay a lot, to fight their wars, but after peace, they instantly leave the service.

I think mercenaries should be reworked to work only for rich factions, because currently factions can use them as a "debt payer" for their factions debts, they should make it, like it is in Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign, who a Kingdom needs to pay a lot, to fight their wars, but after peace, they instantly leave the service.
From my experience mercenaries do leave pretty fast if the faction they work for is at peace. They will even leave a faction mid-war to work for one that is weaker if it is at war, even if that war is against the first faction.

Imo, I like them working for weak factions as it helps to balance them and gives them a shot, I just think they should be excluded when the game goes to take away money from all of the clans in a kingdom.

My biggest issue with them currently is this: I am at war with Vlandia. Vlandia is around 2x-3x my size, more powerful, more clans. Ideally, mercenary clans should be offering to join me, both because the game logic dictates they should assist smaller factions in war, and because I am smaller and there are more enemies, there's a better chance of them earning influence and thus payment. However, because I am not an option to them, they are actually joining Vlandia, tipping the scales way out of balance.

This is what I meant when I said:
this is a pretty major handicap to a pretty significant "core mechanic" in the game, which is running your own kingdom.
Its like an artificial handicap being placed against the player and makes it unnecessarily difficult and tedious.

Back
Top Bottom