Mercenary MP faction

Users who are viewing this thread

KillerMongoose

Sergeant Knight
I had an idea, idk if it's been thought of already but this was my idea. I think a cool idea for a multiplayer faction would be Mercenaries. The classes could be Hired Blade, Mercenary Cavalry and Mercenary Crossbowmen. I like the idea because it'd  be balanced yet not overpowered. Plus it'd add another crossbow faction to mp rather than just rhodok and swadia. The gear wouldn't be hard to figure out, just look at them in game. I think this idea also goes well with the Bandit faction idea, which I also think would be cool but thats another topic. The topic here is Mercenary mp faction.

So post here what you think, ideas, suggestions, opinions just don't be raging trololos or flamers ;D

It's been suggested before and I am very much in favor of it. Everything you'd need is already in game so no new modeling is required, it would just be a matter of creating a new multiplayer faction, which for some reason I would assume would be fairly easy for the developers to do.

fail_thread.jpg

Suggested 100 times and yet never implemented.

No, look at the Hired Blades, mercenary cavalry, mercenary crossbowmen. Their weapons tend to be things like picks, 1h hammers, boar spears, an assortment of swords.

>>Their weapons tend to be things like picks, 1h hammers, boar spears, an assortment of swords.
>>things like picks, 1h hammers, boar spears, an assortment of swords.
>>Just various pieces from all the other factions combined

/thread

They'd just be a mix/match of the other factions no use for it. What do you want? A faction with a Great Lance, Long Awlpike, Warspear, Morninstar, Military Hammers and all the other goodstuff combined? Rubbish.

I read the text 3 times, but my question is: Why do you want a faction with the specialities of all the other nations? If you wanna be a crossbowman, you'll just need to play the Swadians or the Rhodok and a good axefighter is going to the Nord. And that would be unbalanced when you put every special thing of all the native faction together, right? I mean: don't understand me false: A mercenary faction would be great, but not in that way.

Give them mounted crossbowman, that would make things interesting. Likewise, there are armors and other things in SP that haven't been used in MP yet. I'd like to see some of them in MP.

I think 'twould be awesome if the mercenary faction just had like one castle and a few lords to start, and there you could recruit individual mercenaries or hire the whole faction to help you or your faction attack another faction. When hired as a whole, the mercenary faction would send its lords (posessing mercenary crossbowmen, mercenary cav, hired blades, etc.) to attack the faction they were hired to attack. When they took over a castle it would go to the faction that hired them.

Master Unicorn said:
I think 'twould be awesome if the mercenary faction just had like one castle and a few lords to start, and there you could recruit individual mercenaries or hire the whole faction to help you or your faction attack another faction. When hired as a whole, the mercenary faction would send its lords (posessing mercenary crossbowmen, mercenary cav, hired blades, etc.) to attack the faction they were hired to attack. When they took over a castle it would go to the faction that hired them.
Pssst....
KillerMongoose said:
The topic here is Mercenary mp faction.

Mad_Dawg said:
Master Unicorn said:
Pssst....
KillerMongoose said:
The topic here is Mercenary mp faction.
ohsnap.
maybe i should read the thread before i post.

Ugh this is why posting on forums gets stressful, theres a lot of misinterpretation. I never said they'd be a mix of all factions nor would it be overpowered. Honestly, just look at  the mercenaries in SP, they're not a mix of every faction, I consider them almost like Swadia but with a bit lower grade armor but a little more skill and power.

It's not a bad idea and I don't understand why people are so opposed to a little bit more variety. Everyone complains about how Khergits are annoying, how Nords are OP or how Vaegirs are spammers, well then here's a chance to play something else.Not only is it variety but it's a PERFECT chance to include some of the new weapons people have been asking for. Falchions, Boar Spears, etc.

I think Bandit and Mercs/merchants faction is a great idea.

Perhaps a new gametype as well: Caravan where Mercenaries/merchants defend the Caravan while it travels from point A to B. Bandits have to torch the caravan or steal it w/e.

MaHuD said:
I think Bandit and Mercs/merchants faction is a great idea.

Perhaps a new gametype as well: Caravan where Mercenaries/merchants defend the Caravan while it travels from point A to B. Bandits have to torch the caravan or steal it w/e.
Damn, nice idea, see guys? Someones thinking! I think adding Mercenary and/or bandits would add so many possibilities. New maps, new equipment in mp, a new gameplay mode possibly like MahuD said

Back
Top Bottom