MelsPerisno- Now for Version 0.76!

List of features that people want to see in the main version of Perisno (http://forums.taleworlds.co

• Female Troops

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Pretty much all female changes

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • New Pricing of Items

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Females (including court ladies) generally do not wear visible headgear

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Female troop lines

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Perisno troop line can be raised from most kingdom T1 recruits

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Perisno pilgrim line now uses blunt weapons and high defence

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Most minor troop lines, including Demon and Eagle lines, are upgradeable.

Votes: 42 55.3%
  • Slave Hunter line reworked into vigilantes, with an option for high defence village/city foot guard

Votes: 23 30.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

So Melanie, I see you are using a larger battle size mod, to get it up to 396 at a time. Have you noticed any issues with this at all affecting your playthroughs? i.e. is it stable?

Gorstagg said:
So Melanie, I see you are using a larger battle size mod, to get it up to 396 at a time. Have you noticed any issues with this at all affecting your playthroughs? i.e. is it stable?
Played with battlesize 500 on main PC - quite stable, only non-critical (- 18-20 from forced 90) fps drops on maps with high amount of trees.

T.L.S. said:
Gorstagg said:
Played with battlesize 500 on main PC - quite stable, only non-critical (- 18-20 from forced 90) fps drops on maps with high amount of trees.

Were you changing the file battle size manually or using the battle size changer mod program?

I use Battle Sizer to run larger battles, since my computer is capable of it (12Gb RAM, twin NVidia GTX 660s in SLI).  I have no trouble running max graphics with a setting of 396, but if I go higher than that, I end up with stuttering in siege battles  (I love sieges for some reason).

The glowing helms are the Ranger Bascinets I used for the Perisno Ranger Knights.  There are some armours in Perisno (Maiden Plate, &c.) that 'glow' in low light situations, such as night battles.  I've been trying to fix those (I fixed the Maiden Plate) by fooling around with OpenBrf -- adding speculars and such -- but I really have no idea what I am doing.  I just try things until it works.  I haven't gotten to the Ranger Bascinet yet.

I am sure that a lot of these things you've already fixed for .7, Michadr  :smile:

MelanieWard said:
I have no trouble running max graphics with a setting of 396, but if I go higher than that, I end up with stuttering in siege battles 
Strange... Only one siege scene have real perfomance problems - Schmalkalden...
Were you changing the file battle size manually or using the battle size changer mod program?
Battle sizer, i don't know any alternative for it.
The glowing helms are the Ranger Bascinets I used for the Perisno Ranger Knights.
I suppose Mich meant global glowing\gamma increasment for a 10-20 seconds.

T.L.S. said:
MelanieWard said:
I have no trouble running max graphics with a setting of 396, but if I go higher than that, I end up with stuttering in siege battles 
Battle sizer, i don't know any alternative for it.
The glowing helms are the Ranger Bascinets I used for the Perisno Ranger Knights.
I suppose Mich meant global glowing\gamma increasment for a 10-20 seconds.

I find that in a dense crush of troops (at 500 size battle setting at very high graphics) I get some ping-ponging if I am in the mix personally.

That global gamma lightening effect was from adjusting the brightness for the audience because it happened to be a night battle.  I like night to be dark  :smile:

That's not a surprise since it's the biggest scene in the whole mod :smile:

MelanieWard said:
I use Battle Sizer to run larger battles, since my computer is capable of it (12Gb RAM, twin NVidia GTX 660s in SLI).  I have no trouble running max graphics with a setting of 396, but if I go higher than that, I end up with stuttering in siege battles  (I love sieges for some reason).

The glowing helms are the Ranger Bascinets I used for the Perisno Ranger Knights.  There are some armours in Perisno (Maiden Plate, &c.) that 'glow' in low light situations, such as night battles.  I've been trying to fix those (I fixed the Maiden Plate) by fooling around with OpenBrf -- adding speculars and such -- but I really have no idea what I am doing.  I just try things until it works.  I haven't gotten to the Ranger Bascinet yet.

I am sure that a lot of these things you've already fixed for .7, Michadr  :smile:
I don't think all of those have been fixed, as I know almost as little as you do about spectaculars etc. Ive tried fixing the Ranger Bascinet with countless different ideas and changes but it never works  :neutral:

The girls of Perisno heard a rumour that in .7 they would be invaded by fish-eyed Stepford cuties, and the guys would all abandon the locals for the new girls.  They asked me to help with a makeover, so I tried a bit of lipstick and eyeshadow (and some foundation for the girls with bad complexions).  A few examples:

Merc_Stalker.jpg

Queen_Arlina.jpg

Good luck with the guys, ladies!!!    :roll:

MelanieWard said:
The girls of Perisno heard a rumour that in .7 they would be invaded by fish-eyed Stepford cuties, and the guys would all abandon the locals for the new girls.  They asked me to help with a makeover, so I tried a bit of lipstick and eyeshadow (and some foundation for the girls with bad complexions).  A few examples:

Merc_Stalker.jpg

Queen_Arlina.jpg

Nice :smile:
Maybe you also try to feminise The Dreaded One, Melanie?  :mrgreen:

T.L.S. said:
MelanieWard said:

Merc_Stalker.jpg

Queen_Arlina.jpg

Nice :smile:
Maybe you also try to feminise The Dreaded One, Melanie?  :mrgreen:

DatesfromHell.jpg
(Drow females from Phantasy Calradia)  :mrgreen:

Added a file to give the girls a bit of makeup.  A few examples:

Merc_Stalker.jpg

Queen_Arlina.jpg

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5895/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D5895&pUp=1

This is a hotfix -- saved games will still work.

I have been enjoying this sub-mod as much as I can on my older machine, crashes after awhile, still I am enjoying what gameplay I am getting out of it. So much so I want to suggest to Melanie to make a download of your sub-mod available for download on ModDB. With more alternative download locations, it can only help your efforts reach more people.

Finch said:
I have been enjoying this sub-mod as much as I can on my older machine, crashes after awhile, still I am enjoying what gameplay I am getting out of it. So much so I want to suggest to Melanie to make a download of your sub-mod available for download on ModDB. With more alternative download locations, it can only help your efforts reach more people.

Awww, you are so sweet!  I suppose I could put it up there, too.  Honestly, I am not really trying to push it, though.  The whole thing is a bit embarrassing, really, since it's really not my work; all I've done is use the work of everyone else and shape it in a way that pleases me.  You would laugh if you saw the version I made for hubby, where the Amazon Priestesses are wearing skimpy little see-through outfits  :lol:

By request, I've added a small optional download for my muslim friends that removes pork and alcohol from merchandise, adding coffee, drinking water and game birds. 

It's the little things  :wink:

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5895/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D5895&pUp=1

MelanieWard said:
By request, I've added a small optional download for my muslim friends that removes pork and alcohol from merchandise, adding coffee, drinking water and game birds. 

Although not being a muslim myself, those options do sound better than the normal beer (which doens't actually do anything to my knowledge - no morale i don't think). Coffee with morale, and plain drinking water would be cool.
Thanks

MelanieWard said:

Drinking Water... well that is quite genius I say! What did you use for its mesh?

Michadr said:
Drinking Water... well that is quite genius I say! What did you use for its mesh?

Oh, I just replaced the name for the ale barrel with 'Drinking Water' and the name for the wine amphora with 'Coffee'.  The only different mesh was replacing the pork (pig) mesh with the chicken mesh for 'Game Bird'.

It's an unusual enough request to warrant keeping it simple.  I've been hard at work on hubby's version of MelsPerisno (which will not be made public, since I used things without getting permission).

MelanieWard said:
Oh, I just replaced the name for the ale barrel with 'Drinking Water' and the name for the wine amphora with 'Coffee'.  The only different mesh was replacing the pork (pig) mesh with the chicken mesh for 'Game Bird'.

It's an unusual enough request to warrant keeping it simple.  I've been hard at work on hubby's version of MelsPerisno (which will not be made public, since I used things without getting permission).
Now we all know Melanie's dark side :mrgreen:

It's not that I used things that were forbidden!  :lol:    I just never asked permission from the creators for the latest project.  Basically, I've added resources from other mods that Jay pointed out to me.  Remember, I can't really code or model, so it's pretty much straight copying.  :oops:

I also don't have Michadr's permission to import things to Perisno that were not approved by him -- MelsPerisno uses the items already in Perisno, so I know they are acceptable.  And the next version of Perisno will be out soon anyway, so it's largely a moot point.

Some examples of the 'forbidden resources':

Gladiatrixes.jpg

RearView.jpg

Back
Top Bottom