MelsPerisno- Now for Version 0.76!

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

List of features that people want to see in the main version of Perisno (http://forums.taleworlds.co

  • Female Troops

    Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Pretty much all female changes

    Votes: 34 44.7%
  • New Pricing of Items

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Females (including court ladies) generally do not wear visible headgear

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Female troop lines

    Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Perisno troop line can be raised from most kingdom T1 recruits

    Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Perisno pilgrim line now uses blunt weapons and high defence

    Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Most minor troop lines, including Demon and Eagle lines, are upgradeable.

    Votes: 42 55.3%
  • Slave Hunter line reworked into vigilantes, with an option for high defence village/city foot guard

    Votes: 23 30.3%

  • Total voters
    76

MelanieWard

Squire
Best answers
0
MelanieWard said:
Joshua Ryde said:
KonykSoldatyk said:
Wow, those small additions are really nice.,
In particular, i like the more knight-based idea of Perisno females. At the moment they are extremely weak compared to males in the game.
I think a more "Templar-knight" (or in fact any heavy horse/knight based troop tree) would add a cool element to Perisno.
nice ideas.
Because Perisno is such a great mod, I made sure that my submod would play the same.  The troop changes made are subtle in the sense that they involve troops gained in ways other than normal recruiting, so nobody need change their favourite playstyle if they try the submod.  It's just fun new options.

The mysterious Perisno Pilgrims are hard to get, even after they choose you as The One.  At 7000 aurums for 50 tier 1 troops, they are a very expensive investment.  To make that worthwhile, I envisioned them as an idealistic pair of new Fighting Orders, one male, one female. 

Honourable and respecting Life, they try to avoid unnecessary killing by using blunt weapons.  The money spent hiring them goes to equip them fairly early with good armour.  The men's Order specialises in mace and shield, and is very tough.  The women's Order relies on speed, using horses at the top tiers; if held in reserve until the enemy breaks, they can gather huge numbers of prisoners.

I really didn't change the female mercs, except to give them a grittier, more practical look.  They are cold-hearted professionals, after all.

These are a bit prettier than the female mercs, with distinctive armours at the top tiers to instantly tell the different types apart (Vixens, Viragos, Rangers, etc.)  They are hard to recruit, mostly coming from rescued prisoners, but lots of fun if you get them to high tier.  :smile: 
 

MelanieWard

Squire
Best answers
0
Oldtimer said:
Joshua Ryde said:
Well certainly i would love to this this submod introduced into the big Perisno mod. I love your ideas of the Perisno pilgrims because currently i think there are a few flaws in the troop tree/recruitment.
1) recruitment can sometimes be unclear about the conditions required.
2) They are EXTREMELY weak until the 3rd tier when suddenly after that they are virtually indestructible (The Perisno Holy Champion has 10 for every melee stat and the best armor in the game i think).
3) Can there please be a ranged tree for Perisno pilgrims?
4) Females, as you covered.
If this could be implemented for v.0.7 (would it be a simple matter of transferring coding ..or a bit more complex) i do think it would make a huge difference to later game play.
Thanks
Hi,

Melanie`s mod is a very nice addition. I don`t think the initial weakness of her added troops is wrong as you must consider how powerful they can become later on.

What I dislike here and in general are female plate armours and bikini armours. They look horrible TBH. If high resistance armours are needed just strengthen some of the armours(recolour, rebadge?) provided for maidens in 0.611.

Rgds, Oldtimer
The fantasy plate is a valid concern.  Those steel bikini bottoms chafe in all the worst places!  :wink:

I'll make a new Troops file (with more practical female armours) this weekend, and upload it as an optional patch.
 

MelanieWard

Squire
Best answers
0
Here is the optional patch for more practical and realistic female armours:

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5896/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D5896&pUp=1

It's just a Troop file replacement.  It should work fine with a saved game, but you may want to save the old Troop file just in case you find yourself missing the old look  :smile:
 

MelanieWard

Squire
Best answers
0
Here's some pics of the sensible armour.









 

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
0
Wow!

  My great and everlasting (well, forever, is, a  long time) Thanks!
I'll try this immediately...

  - GS
 

Adrale

Squire
Best answers
0
Yeah, I will check it out too. Since you like tinkering with female appearances, can you do something about the unflattering Rhodok nunnery headwear and hijab looking wrap arounds that the ladies wear at court? I'm really sick of looking at them. Every time I show up at a feast with a tournament victory to dedicate all the chicks look like ninjas.
 

MelanieWard

Squire
Best answers
0
Adrale said:
Yeah, I will check it out too. Since you like tinkering with female appearances, can you do something about the unflattering Rhodok nunnery headwear and hijab looking wrap arounds that the ladies wear at court? I'm really sick of looking at them. Every time I show up at a feast with a tournament victory to dedicate all the chicks look like ninjas.
EDIT: I tried forcing my 'invisible' headgear on the Ladies, and it seems to be working.

It will require a new game to take effect, since Court Ladies (and all Hero-tagged troops) are set at the game beginning.
 

Oldtimer

Knight
Best answers
0
MelanieWard said:
Here is the optional patch for more practical and realistic female armours:

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5896/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D5896&pUp=1

It's just a Troop file replacement.  It should work fine with a saved game, but you may want to save the old Troop file just in case you find yourself missing the old look  :smile:
Hi,

how do I install this?

Rgds, Oldtimer
 

MelanieWard

Squire
Best answers
0
Unzip the file (you can download free apps such as 7zip to do this) and drop the Troops file right into your MelsPerisno folder.  It will overwrite the old file, so if you want to keep that one for later use, rename the old one Troops1 or something like that.

Unfortunately, it won't work with normal Perisno, only with my submod.
 

Oldtimer

Knight
Best answers
0
MelanieWard said:
Unzip the file (you can download free apps such as 7zip to do this) and drop the Troops file right into your MelsPerisno folder.  It will overwrite the old file, so if you want to keep that one for later use, rename the old one Troops1 or something like that.

Unfortunately, it won't work with normal Perisno, only with my submod.
THX awfully Melanie.

Rgds, Oldtimer
 

MelanieWard

Squire
Best answers
0
New version (1.1) of MelsPerisno uploaded.  It adds the optional patches, strengthens Vigilante troop line, fixes Perisno Knights, makes a few court ladies prettier, and a few more cosmetic easter eggs.  Many little improvements. 

 

Joshua Ryde

Regular
Best answers
0
WOW! serisouly wow.
Some of these changes, mainly to the way Perisno troops are recruited/upgraded/look etc, are truly amazing and what i've been looking for since i came to Perisno many moons ago :razz:
Personally, if these additions to the Perisno troop trees could be added (literally transferred;maybe with a tweak at the devs discretion) to the MAIN Perisno mod, it would be amazing.
Also, just a personal preference, the female armors do look more "realistic/professional."
Thanks melanie.

p.s.
1) this is the entire Perisno mod (v.0.611?) except with the changes as listed above?
Thanks again.
p.p.s  - I think it would be useful to repost the link to your submod on this thread for anyone wanting to download it. Otherwise they will have to search through the various threads and pages. :smile:
 

MelanieWard

Squire
Best answers
0
The link for the download:  http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5895/?

Just to be clear:  this is a submod of the complete Perisno .611 and contains no original work by me.  All I have done is rearrange the furniture in the house that Michadr built.  I don't code, scene or model; my only tools are Morgh's and OpenBrf.

If you have a cherished savegame in the old version of MelsPerisno, it will still work in the new one.  However, many of the new features are set at game initialization, so they will not appear if you download the new one and use your old savegame (for example, court ladies will still have the old frumpy hats if you don't start over).  But some of the new features will work, and it shouldn't crash (since I can't change code, really).

By the way, thank you for the kind words!  I never intended this to become anything -- it's just that the little tweaks I made to please myself began to add up until it became interesting.
 

Joshua Ryde

Regular
Best answers
0
MelanieWard said:
The link for the download:  http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5895/?

Just to be clear:  this is a submod of the complete Perisno .611 and contains no original work by me.  All I have done is rearrange the furniture in the house that Michadr built.  I don't code, scene or model; my only tools are Morgh's and OpenBrf.

If you have a cherished savegame in the old version of MelsPerisno, it will still work in the new one.  However, many of the new features are set at game initialization, so they will not appear if you download the new one and use your old savegame (for example, court ladies will still have the old frumpy hats if you don't start over).  But some of the new features will work, and it shouldn't crash (since I can't change code, really).

By the way, thank you for the kind words!  I never intended this to become anything -- it's just that the little tweaks I made to please myself began to add up until it became interesting.
Well, whether you intended it or not..this submod is amazing. Really changes the way you both start and set up your army due to new units/troop trees/stats etc.
I have one SLIGHT (very slight) issue with it and that is:
1) You are able to go to ANY faction village and recruit, instantly upgrade to Perisno recruits (who seem to be half a tier above their counterparts in armor which is a huge bonus at such a tier level. Only slightly though) and then into potentially some of the better, cheaper units in the game. It might be TOO easy to get past the initial stage of forming your army as you don't have to stick with any faction as all factions (apart from Valahir + Redwood ofc) award Perisno troops.
2) Where can i obtain female troops from? to upgrade into the Perisno women soldiers (Sisters of Mercy etc). Is it only Camp followers/Female villagers/

And thank you Melanie.
 

Michadr

Grandmaster Knight
WBM&BVC
Best answers
0
I will be making a poll soon with features that people enjoyed the most, and want to see in the main version of Perisno. If i can do it in time I (might) add them to the main version. Remember this is just to find out what people like most for the submod, I can't promise that I will actually add them. But let the nominations come in so I can create the poll.

I'll hijack (sshhh don't tell Melanie :wink: ) the OP and keep a list there.
 

MelanieWard

Squire
Best answers
0
Joshua Ryde said:
MelanieWard said:
The link for the download:  http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5895/?

Just to be clear:  this is a submod of the complete Perisno .611 and contains no original work by me.  All I have done is rearrange the furniture in the house that Michadr built.  I don't code, scene or model; my only tools are Morgh's and OpenBrf.

By the way, thank you for the kind words!  I never intended this to become anything -- it's just that the little tweaks I made to please myself began to add up until it became interesting.
Well, whether you intended it or not..this submod is amazing. Really changes the way you both start and set up your army due to new units/troop trees/stats etc.
I have one SLIGHT (very slight) issue with it and that is:
1) You are able to go to ANY faction village and recruit, instantly upgrade to Perisno recruits (who seem to be half a tier above their counterparts in armor which is a huge bonus at such a tier level. Only slightly though) and then into potentially some of the better, cheaper units in the game. It might be TOO easy to get past the initial stage of forming your army as you don't have to stick with any faction as all factions (apart from Valahir + Redwood ofc) award Perisno troops.
2) Where can i obtain female troops from? to upgrade into the Perisno women soldiers (Sisters of Mercy etc). Is it only Camp followers/Female villagers/

And thank you Melanie.
1) One can't instantly upgrade to Perisno recruits.  It's still a promotion which requires xp, either from battle or training.  While Perisno recruits are stronger than most (not all) tier 1 faction recruits, they are weaker than the tier 2 faction soldier one could choose instead of the T1 Perisno recruit.  There's that extra step when converting to Perisno.  :smile:

2) The clerical lines of Perisno troops (both male and female) are upgrades from Perisno Pilgrim parties.  Some bandits hunt them, and will have them as prisoners to rescue.  Later, one could recruit entire Perisno parties if they think you worthy (and if you can afford it).  The female clerical line (Initiates) will upgrade at high tiers to blunt weapon cavalry.

The Peasant Woman promotes to a choice of Perisno Female Recruit (a line of crossbow archers including mounted ones at higher tiers) or Camp Defender.  The Camp Defender will offer, when promoted, a choice of Femme Fatale or Sisterhood.  The Femme Fatales will upgrade to a choice of mounted or foot troops using melee weaponry.  The Sisterhood is a line of heavy foot archers.

Refugees can only promote to Camp Defenders, never Perisno Female Recruits.