B Medieval Medieval Conquests

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

the castle of Milano and not only is populated by wives of Lithuanian lords. They are not exiles. Anyone else seeing this kind of inconsistencies?

Rgds, Oldtimer

when speaking with my minister to change Kingdom's religion, It lists 5 choices but they're all the same (remain Roman Catholic)
there is any way to fix that?!

Laizenbh said:
bunkorder said:
Laizenbh said:
I think the point is, he didnt make a sub mod and put it in AD 1257 page, he used almost everthing from 1257 and gave it a new name as it was his creation from scratch and now afaik abandoned the project as well...

On the steam download and Mod DB page, it explicitly says that the mod is built around 1257. He did not take credit for that work.
It is essentially "1257 AD Plus", but why release it under the 1257 name when those creators stopped working on the project, themselves, a long time ago? Some of the creators even gave explicit permission to use code and assets. Would you rather this mod was never made, or that it was made while also crediting the mod it's based on?

As long as projects are credited, I see no issue in using their free, non copyrighted assets. If you don't credit, then sure, you deserve to be lynched by the mob. But what's the problem if you credit?

His permission to use assets is contested by the guys who released the final version of ad 1257, and sub mods stick on their base mods normally. Also he's already working on another project and prob gonna leave this unfinished. And finally this is not "built around 1257" this IS 1257 copy and paste with a "new hat" and a lot of bugs.

Basically your only issue is that he's including the 1257 files in the download. Literally it's a difference between downloading 1257 and then downloading a submod, or just downloading it altogether as one package. I don't really see the difference. You could say it's a matter of principle, but he literally gave full credit to 1257 for all of their work and is only taking credit for the work he has done on top of it. It's also not like he's making any money off of it. I have to agree with how Taleworlds has handled this.

Also just assuming he has abandoned the mod is silly. If you've been in the modding scene long enough with multiple games, you would know there are multiple mods out there that go on hiatus and come back in irregular intervals. Some never come back, some do. Three months without posting to this thread is nothing in modding time.

-----

Anyways, feedback for troycall. I feel like you added too much all at once. You might need to remove the features or start from scratch adding one at a time. Doing it methodically and testing out each new feature one at a time to ensure it is working properly is essential. I had to do this with each and every unit, each and every little change I made when I made a mod for Medieval II: Total War. One oversight could screw everything up and there were times I lost a lot of work because of one mistake. Backups are key.

The mod isn't as full of bugs as people claim, however. Most of the problems are minor, with only a couple that have really annoyed me or broken the game for me. The player character name reverting to a title constantly is the most annoying bug by far. The next worst is the disasters. While you did include an option to turn these off for the player, they turn right back on as soon as you exit that menu. The amount of damage a disaster does to one's small warband is pretty ridiculous, and it occurs too often. However, while it does basically break the current game, it's nothing loading the last save can't fix. After that, I'd say the main priorities are getting the constable working and getting the loot system working. Right now the constable does nothing (so no player spawned armies right now), and the autoequip system for companions isn't working (though this isn't game breaking. It just means you have to equip as in vanilla.).

Other than that, I haven't run into any huge issues. It's playing normally. The strategy map AI seems a lot better than it was before. Rather than the Roman Empire consistently getting crushed, they actually stand firm. The Golden Horde is actually a real threat to Europe now, using their hordes to full effect in conquering westward. I've seen them get as far as Sweden in a fellow modder's game (he's been playing a full long campaign without issues other than the same as what I've listed). The Crusader States can actually beat the Muslims on their own. These were things that consistently didn't happen in my 1257 playthroughs if I was not supporting those factions personally. The improved combat is a good edition as well, though I'm wondering if it can be edited and tweaked like in other submods I've seen (like the one that added the same combat system in A New Dawn). I will have to look into that as I don't remember how to do that. I love the fact that lords are killed and battle and captured and executed, as well as there being player death. This definitely needs to be expanded on. Having new lords like Biggus Dickus is a bit ridiculous, but I understand the use of placeholders. Emergent factions are awesome as well. I'd like to see that expanded on.

My only remaining criticism would be problems I had with 1257 in the first place, like how they screwed up the banners after reaching a certain version and never corrected them, and also how the map itself is rife with historical inaccuracies. The mod should really be set quite a few years earlier given how powerful the Latin Empire is in it. It was in its death rows by 1257 historically and didn't have nearly the territory is has in the mod. There's also still that matter of using the Constantinople scene for too many cities as I said before (Constantinople should be the only one using it). It would be nice to some factions as fully independent. The way they made Rum and Georgia vassals to Ilkhanate was ridiculous and misunderstands what happened historically between those factions. Finally, the largest issue that I only came to fully realize recently... go up and look at the Flanders region of the map. It's nearly empty. The powerful cities that were there historically just aren't there. Having them as vassals to the Holy Roman Empire and to France would be fine, but they need to be on the map.

*sighs* I wish I could put together a mod team for this, but I don't think enough people care about the issues with the 1257 mod. The final release came out and it was called finished, even though it had problems that were ignored no matter how much you pointed them out... I hope you continue to work on this submod, troycall. You did some good work. It just needs ironed out. Maybe dissected and put back together.

If you wanted to make nice with the people whining on here, then you would need to do is keep a log of the files you've changed and copy them into an archive for download once you've finished your work. I understand why you released the mod as you did. You probably got working on improving 1257 and then after all was said and done, you had changed so much you couldn't be certain what you had changed. You still wanted to share the mod so you released it as it was in your modules folder. I don't think these people understand how much work it would be to go back through every single last file to figure out what you had changed just to put it all in a separate package to soothe their self-righteous principles. But yeah, next time, it's something you want to do from the beginning because of people like that.

EDIT: I actually meant marshal (mispelled marshall in game still), not constable. And he is actually working fine. The manor population just had to get high enough. This would have worked exactly the same in 1257.

That said, damn, that storm thing really is game breaking. I forgot to save and it hit my army of like 140 and brought it down to 30. There's just no good reason to have that in the mod.

Hi. First of all, great work, I hope you keep improving the mod. I have the same problem as alexzubc

- Emissaries and lords on missions never return
- Ladies are showing up in the wrong factions
- As faction leader, your manors contain clones of yourself

And I have to add that I began to play as monarch of the kingdom of Jerusalem, I made all the preparations to marry the daughter of the Templar master, but 80 days passed and the marriage is never activated. We are not at war with anyone. In addition, the master stays inside his castle, does not leave there.

Excuse me my english, im use translator.

Regards.

The one feature that really attracted me to this mod is that the game will update titles for the player's character and the rest of the ai's. Question: even if I chose supportive suffixes to be OFF will this feature still work?

hi all
just wondering if anyone else has issues with the blackjack game? all of a sudden it keeps freezing - generally when the banker 'stays' before me. also, how do you use an ace as an 11 rather than a 1? lost a few games last night with an ace and a face card / 10 thinking i'd gotten 21 but apparently game thinks i have only 11.
love the mod. havent played original 1257, but its fantastic whoever made it all.
also - and i apologise if ive missed someone else asking same questions (i have looked but most posts seem to be about 'other isssues' shall we say) - when given night time bandit quests (ones where you walk through town at night and get ambushed) i can;t seem to get the ambush to actually happen. have reloaded several times and tried repeatedly to complete quest but the only folks in koln are guards and the guild master  :sad: - is this a known issue? or just bad luck

edit -
it definately seems to be that he blackjack game freezes up whenever the banker stays before me. only way out is alt-f4. 

По пробовал на днях этот мод удовольствие от него пропало уже на 2ом часе игры,столько багов я ещё не видел ни в одном моде при чем баги то не играбельные,так что играть смысла нет пока мододел занимается бог знает чем каждую обнову, кооперативы какие то делает в место того что бы исправить баги для игроков.Мод хороший но не играбельные с таким количесвом багов!

Minor update incoming in the next couple of days to Medieval Conquests. Featuring:
* Decapitations
* Injured status (applies to all troops, not just player)
* Traits for troops and player
* Stumbling
* Smarter combat AI
* Performance enhancements.
* Historically inaccurate banners replaced
* A couple of other things I forgot to note.

troycall said:
RoboSenshi said:
troycall said:
I lost motivation to continue updating the mod, as a result its on a indefinite pause until otherwise stated, I might release the update I stopped working on mid-way just to give something back, we'll see.
Please fix the treasury bug in that update. It's frustrating as hell.

Thanks.
Done, I'm releasing the new update soonish.
Does it include this fix?

RoboSenshi said:
troycall said:
RoboSenshi said:
troycall said:
I lost motivation to continue updating the mod, as a result its on a indefinite pause until otherwise stated, I might release the update I stopped working on mid-way just to give something back, we'll see.
Please fix the treasury bug in that update. It's frustrating as hell.

Thanks.
Done, I'm releasing the new update soonish.
Does it include this fix?

All funds now go straight to the player (or lord) rather than to the chest, any items put into chests or gold personally deposited into chests will be lost the void. This is a unfixable bug that stems from KAOS OSP. I looked through the code again to no avail, but fret not -- at least you won't lose money anymore as long as you don't personally go to the chest and deposit it.

I dunno where to post bugs but here we go.

First bug that i found: Javeliniers dont throw their javelins. I have tested it with balts and greeks by putting them in a line against bandits with fire at will command. They tried throwing when bandits engaged them at melee. Also why javelins one shot everything.

Edit: tried it with the smarter AI setting in mod options still the same.

Darnaran said:
I dunno where to post bugs but here we go.

First bug that i found: Javeliniers dont throw their javelins. I have tested it with balts and greeks by putting them in a line against bandits with fire at will command. They tried throwing when bandits engaged them at melee. Also why javelins one shot everything.

Edit: tried it with the smarter AI setting in mod options still the same.
Yes, javeliners do not throw. I also experienced the same bug.

troycall said:
Minor update incoming in the next couple of days to Medieval Conquests. Featuring:
* Decapitations
* Stumbling
* Smarter combat AI
Thank you for the latest update  :party:. I like your work however javelinmen do not throw their javelins. Are you going to issue a patch for these kind of issues?

Is it possible to play this mod campaign in multiplayer, so i can build a country with my friends etc, or only battles are multiplayer?

Wodan said:
troycall said:
* Decapitations
* Stumbling
* Smarter combat AI
Thank you for the latest update  :party:. I like your work however javelinmen do not throw their javelins. Are you going to issue a patch for these kind of issues?

Turns out lowering their accuracy makes them not attack at all, never knew that issue existed.

I'll see if I can nerf the javelins in another way and keep them functional.

Back
Top Bottom