B Medieval Medieval Conquests

Users who are viewing this thread

Ive been playing mount and blade medival conquest for a long time,great mod btw :wink:,but i dont know if its the new patch or just in the main game,but while i was playing as serbia i saw a notification that a baron of venice was slayen by and i qoute "Archbishop Hugh Munges" i died laughing(yea i like old memes dont judge me).

P.S i love your mod its the best ever thanks for including Serbia  :party: :party: :fruity:.
Also i just made this account just to say this  :iamamoron:.

Hi I have v 3.1 (environmental something) of the game. But I still have household possessions bug that empty all my household inventory..

Is this bug still around?

Hello. Fantastic mod. The number of features is very impressive. Historical accuracy awesome.
But sieges are too tough for me at this statge, making the game unplayable. Even as monarch and with lowest damage options I struggle to gather enough lords for storming bigger towns succesfully.

The main reason - garrisons are far too large. I've tried to tone them down by changing the party_templates.txt in Warband/Modules/Medieval_conquests folder, but to no avail. After lowering the min. and max. values in pt_kingdom_reinforcement_a etc. (I found the solution somewhere on the forum) most towns are still around 400-500 troops and Constantinople even around 1000 !!!!!

Anyone knows how to decrease the garrison sizes? Thanks

I'm a total noob to this forum, but I've played Warband a fair bit, and have been playing this mod quite a bit lately. I enjoy it, for the most part, and I really appreciate the work that went into it and AD 1257. Having said that, however, I felt compelled by the comments praising the "historical accuracy" of this mod to remark that, in my playthrough, I've noticed some very serious inaccuracies.

First, the two Princes of the HRE, Johann and Heinrich. Johann would no doubt be Richard of Cornwall's first son, John; unfortunately, he died in infancy in 1232. Heinrich must be Richard's second son, Henry of Alamain; however, apart from being present for his father's coronation at Aachen in May of 1257, and subsequent knighting there, he spent basically no time in the HRE. Indeed, the German Wikipedia article about him states that he left Germany and had returned to England at the end of September of 1257, which makes sense given his later involvement in the Second Barons' War; we know that he was present at Oxford Parliament in 1258 when the Provisions of Oxford were promulgated, so he couldn't have play a role in the affairs of the Empire. It's also unclear why Henry is nicknamed "the Kind;” as far as I'm able to determine, this was never a nickname he had in actual history.

Second, I’ve noticed that none of the fiefs in the HRE match up with their historical owners. I don’t know if this is the case with others, since I’ve only played the HRE so far.

Third, a number of fiefs are not in their proper locations. Most of them are relatively minor, but several are badly out of place, based on their names. To wit, Neuß is on the wrong side of the Rhine, Friesach was not in the Rhineland as it is in this mod (it was in Austria), and the location occupied by Straßburg is actually Pordelone (which belonged to the Patriarchate of Aquileia; there was a Straßburg in Austria, which, ironically, was not that far from Friesach, but that was on the other side of the Alps).

Fourth, the way the factions are set up is really inconsistent (and inaccurate). There were more Crusader States than belong to the Crusader States faction (e.g., the Duchy of Athens), and not all of the fiefs in the Crusader States faction were part of the same polity. There are several that weren’t even part of actual crusader states, but belonged to Byzantine successor-states (the Despotate of Epirus, the Empire of Achaea, and the Empire of Trebizond)! Also, the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia was a thing; it was a protectorate of the Ilkhanate, but still mostly independent, and the Principality of Antioch was a vassal. The Gaelic Kingdoms were a collection of petty kingdoms. Bohemia and the State of the Teutonic Order were fiefs of the Holy Roman Empire, but they’re independent factions in this mod. The Kingdom of Mann and the Isles, which controlled the Isle of Man and the Scottish Northern Isles was de facto independent of the King of Norway. Silesia was de facto subordinate to the Empire at this point, not Poland, and was a collection of independent duchies (three in 1257, but it underwent refragmentation and reconsolidation).

Fifth, there are several fiefs that, in this mod, belong to the wrong faction, even without accounting for the inconsistencies noted above. Most of these are on the eastern frontier of the HRE.

I'm compiling a document correcting these problems, which I'll provide on request when I'm done.

MasqueOfTheRedDeath said:
I'm a total noob to this forum, but I've played Warband a fair bit, and have been playing this mod quite a bit lately. I enjoy it, for the most part, and I really appreciate the work that went into it and AD 1257. Having said that, however, I felt compelled by the comments praising the "historical accuracy" of this mod to remark that, in my playthrough, I've noticed some very serious inaccuracies.

First, the two Princes of the HRE, Johann and Heinrich. Johann would no doubt be Richard of Cornwall's first son, John; unfortunately, he died in infancy in 1232. Heinrich must be Richard's second son, Henry of Alamain; however, apart from being present for his father's coronation at Aachen in May of 1257, and subsequent knighting there, he spent basically no time in the HRE. Indeed, the German Wikipedia article about him states that he left Germany and had returned to England at the end of September of 1257, which makes sense given his later involvement in the Second Barons' War; we know that he was present at Oxford Parliament in 1258 when the Provisions of Oxford were promulgated, so he couldn't have play a role in the affairs of the Empire. It's also unclear why Henry is nicknamed "the Kind;” as far as I'm able to determine, this was never a nickname he had in actual history.

Second, I’ve noticed that none of the fiefs in the HRE match up with their historical owners. I don’t know if this is the case with others, since I’ve only played the HRE so far.

Third, a number of fiefs are not in their proper locations. Most of them are relatively minor, but several are badly out of place, based on their names. To wit, Neuß is on the wrong side of the Rhine, Friesach was not in the Rhineland as it is in this mod (it was in Austria), and the location occupied by Straßburg is actually Pordelone (which belonged to the Patriarchate of Aquileia; there was a Straßburg in Austria, which, ironically, was not that far from Friesach, but that was on the other side of the Alps).

Fourth, the way the factions are set up is really inconsistent (and inaccurate). There were more Crusader States than belong to the Crusader States faction (e.g., the Duchy of Athens), and not all of the fiefs in the Crusader States faction were part of the same polity. There are several that weren’t even part of actual crusader states, but belonged to Byzantine successor-states (the Despotate of Epirus, the Empire of Achaea, and the Empire of Trebizond)! Also, the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia was a thing; it was a protectorate of the Ilkhanate, but still mostly independent, and the Principality of Antioch was a vassal. The Gaelic Kingdoms were a collection of petty kingdoms. Bohemia and the State of the Teutonic Order were fiefs of the Holy Roman Empire, but they’re independent factions in this mod. The Kingdom of Mann and the Isles, which controlled the Isle of Man and the Scottish Northern Isles was de facto independent of the King of Norway. Silesia was de facto subordinate to the Empire at this point, not Poland, and was a collection of independent duchies (three in 1257, but it underwent refragmentation and reconsolidation).

Fifth, there are several fiefs that, in this mod, belong to the wrong faction, even without accounting for the inconsistencies noted above. Most of these are on the eastern frontier of the HRE.

I'm compiling a document correcting these problems, which I'll provide on request when I'm done.

I'm working on a campaign map overhaul for the mod, so PM me any fief problems my way.

Quick preview (Work in progress): https://imgur.com/a/mZL49, https://imgur.com/a/wEr0h

@MasqueoftheRedDea

Hi,

are you really 100% sure that Teutonic Order was part of HRE? IIRC they were not, though Livonian Order was.

Silesian principaliteis were part of the HRE via Bohemia whose vassals they were AFAIK.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
@MasqueoftheRedDea

Hi,

are you really 100% sure that Teutonic Order was part of HRE? IIRC they were not, though Livonian Order was.

Silesian principaliteis were part of the HRE via Bohemia whose vassals they were AFAIK.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Wiki says that most historians don't think it was part of the HRE, though it was closely related and they later had provinces in Neumark and Pommern which were part of the HRE.

I just started this mod and having issues with the looting / autoequipping feature.  If I do Equip companion they will equip worse armor gear and then switch back to other gear if I press it again. 

If I do 'Access the item pool' then I can't have my companions take the gear and continue.  Shouldn't the 'Return' button take you back the the 'Access the item pool' / 'Let NPCs to collect all the items left and continue' screen?  I don't see how I can check the loot I got and still have companions take the loot I don't want in my inventory.  When I press 'Return' it closes and any loot left is lost I assume.

If I tell the companions to take the loot and continue it seems lost unless I set auto sell too sell everything no matter what price (by setting a huge ceiling for selling off stuff) cause I don't see any way to access it anymore?  This feature reminds me of Silverstag's way of doing it but most mods will have a Mod option to access the pooled  inventory of all companions and then you can see what they are holding and even add to it from your inventory then tell them to equip themselves from that screen and set the options for how they equip themselves.

I've checked mod options and tried talking to the companions but neither have a way to access inventories to see / recover any items they are holding.  Am I missing something? 

Also where you set the way the companions should equip themselves all the 'Apply to everyone' buttons are 'broken'?  It's not a button to click just text.

What's the deal with bow archers.  They hardly ever shoot to the point I thought they didn't have arrows.  I grabbed some Welsh mercenary archer's and most fights they just stand there doing nothing.  I was about to post they didn't have arrows but this last fight they actually shot some off and on.  But mostly stood there.

merikallio said:
Hello. Fantastic mod. The number of features is very impressive. Historical accuracy awesome.
But sieges are too tough for me at this statge, making the game unplayable. Even as monarch and with lowest damage options I struggle to gather enough lords for storming bigger towns succesfully.

The main reason - garrisons are far too large. I've tried to tone them down by changing the party_templates.txt in Warband/Modules/Medieval_conquests folder, but to no avail. After lowering the min. and max. values in pt_kingdom_reinforcement_a etc. (I found the solution somewhere on the forum) most towns are still around 400-500 troops and Constantinople even around 1000 !!!!!

Anyone knows how to decrease the garrison sizes? Thanks

You simply have to work together with your fellow lords to successfully capture towns. The only other way is to lead troops as a Marshall or faction ruler. I've played as Norway and we easily captured towns because they were able to field 900-1,200 troops for those sieges.

Guys, I can't find exact Rules for this "Building castles" rules.

I was Bulgarian vassal, I had the fief of Cherven, all fine, I spend some serious cash and nice - castle came up.
OK, but I got tired of being vassal, I conquered Adrianople and created my own faction (Duchy of Thrace it is named now). Right now my Duchy consists of 4 castles and 4 villages - Drastar, Adrianople, Chrystopoulis and Cherven Castle, and the villages are Varna, Dydimoteichon, Gallipoli, and Cherven.
For Cherven I know - castle already is done, but in none of the other villages, it gives me to make a castle.

Why does this happen?
Is there any specific Rule how and when you can make a castle to come up?
Is the function valid only for specific villages or I am doing something wrong?

Anyone who has more knowledge on the topic?

Vulkashin said:
Guys, I can't find exact Rules for this "Building castles" rules.

I was Bulgarian vassal, I had the fief of Cherven, all fine, I spend some serious cash and nice - castle came up.
OK, but I got tired of being vassal, I conquered Adrianople and created my own faction (Duchy of Thrace it is named now). Right now my Duchy consists of 4 castles and 4 villages - Drastar, Adrianople, Chrystopoulis and Cherven Castle, and the villages are Varna, Dydimoteichon, Gallipoli, and Cherven.
For Cherven I know - castle already is done, but in none of the other villages, it gives me to make a castle.

Why does this happen?
Is there any specific Rule how and when you can make a castle to come up?
Is the function valid only for specific villages or I am doing something wrong?

Anyone who has more knowledge on the topic?

Do you mean a Manor? You can build a manor in every village that you directly own (AKA not your lords). You need to build a manor first, then you can fortify it with a fort.

EDIT: Nevermind. Impressive was my ignorance. I didn't know that you needed to talk to the caravan once you got to the target city.

I found a real bug: Companions don't have any leg armor and walk barefoot.

It seems that the chamberlain household chest resets and i lost everything i placed there.

Some things i noticed:

The disaster featured is annoying. You can only disable the effects but they still happen. Turning the effects off on the options should also prevent them from happening.

Manors are broken and when you enter them there's headless copies of the player character everywhere.

In my town starting as Kaiser of HRE there's some ladies on the castle that say "surrender or die" whenever i talk to them.

The arena guy is dressed as a woman.

Some sieges are stupid so i had to replace scn_town_euro_walls and scn_aachen_walls in the scenes folder with some other town scene to make sieges more fair again.

Civil wars happen too frequently.

No way to start as a king, only as a usurper.

Expressing goodwill is almost impossible if you're not at war with the same faction(s) as they are. It's a old warband "feature" but if you could do something about it would be great (e.g. taking the relations with the king in question into the equation).

Injury system can be annoying sometimes. A option to turn it on/off is appreciated.

Those are the things i found. Otherwise the mod would be perfect.

Any plans on adding custom commander to the mod? Also a option to replace a village/town culture to the player faction culture?

More things:

Chamberlain doesn't report income correctly. Same thing with guild master about enterprises (what the product is worth, not the profit).

I disabled the disasters in the option and they don't happen any more. However, the disasters graphical changes on the map still persists several weeks after that. A flood happened in Nurberg over two months ago and the fx is still lingering around.

Enterprises give way too little income, even when the town is max prosperity.

Giving fiefs menu needs more polishing. This is a problem with diplomacy. You can't select which fief you want to take, only a single one that appears first on the dialogue.

When giving fiefs to lords, information should be provided next to the lord's name informing the amount of castles, villages and towns he has to make easier to give fiefs to lords that don't have any.

Mercenaries are too OP. They deal more damage than knights and lords. The troops in general need more balancing.

Anglolord said:
MasqueOfTheRedDeath said:

I'm working on a campaign map overhaul for the mod, so PM me any fief problems my way.

Quick preview (Work in progress): https://imgur.com/a/mZL49, https://imgur.com/a/wEr0h

Sorry, I completely lost track of this. Bunch of stuff happened in meatspace. I'll take a look at what you've got and let you know what I find.

Oldtimer said:
@MasqueoftheRedDea

Hi,

Rgds, Oldtimer

The situation of the Ordensstaat was complicated. The Order itself was not part of the HRE; it was founded in Jerusalem by German Knights, but like the Templars, Hospitallers, etc., was a monastic order, and therefore part of the Church. However, like most ecclesiastical establishments in that period, the secular appurtenances to the lands that it held (e.g., criminal jurisdictions) were subject to the temporal authorities. It held the lands along the Baltic Coast of the Empire; its possession of those lands and its privileges as a feudatory of the Empire was explicitly confirmed by Frederick II in March of 1226 (viz. Historia diplomatica Frederici Secundi, p. 549). So the Hochmeister was a Fürst ex officio. The Livonian Order was of similar status, and had been formally incorporated into the Deutschherrenorden in 1237, although it remained de facto independent.

Silesia was also complicated. It was actually a number of independent Duchies ruled by members of the Piast family. Although Poland never abandoned its designs on Silesia, Germany had established dominance over the area over the course of the 12th century (and, in fact, Barbarossa forced Poland to cede Silesia in 1157); although it was influenced by Bohemia, it was not formally annexed to Bohemia until the 14th century.

I'm having a bug with the heraldic mail variants. For whatever reason the texture is screwed up, so that the mail and the cloth are in the wrong places which gets really annoying when it western european battles. Is there a fix for this or am I the only one experiencing this?

Back
Top Bottom