Max Army Size and Morale - Easy to change in scripts.txt

Users who are viewing this thread

So does anyone know how to increase the number of troop slots you can have?  I don't like it when I get the "No slot for upgrading" message.

Okei got army 333 mens :razz:
have about 90 border reivers with me (theyre light spearded cavalry)

But dont find nowhere mod which would give more troop slot or how do myself do it.

I find that when I try to join a battle--say I come across a fella who's fighting Whoever and I want to jump in to help--that I am capped at 89 men, despite the fact that I alone carry 91 or something. It doesn't seem to be a problem when I go into battle on my own -- only when I'm assisting a fellow vassal.

I grant you that the cap might be due to any number of specifics in the values I used to edit the scripts.txt, but how about the symptom on a whole? Anyone else finding that their totals should be far greater than the number of soldiers "fit for battle" that seem to come up when you charge? I've made all three edits, and been very careful -- morale, party size and lord's party size have all been modified ever-so-slightly.

I'm working with M&B 1.011 and I am running Battle-sizer as well, with the battle size set to 150.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Well u cant have like 140 mens in battle and only 10 enemies....

Rest of your troops come to battle as reinforcements and for really big battles there will be several skirmishes...

I hope this answered your question if not try to be more specific and explain again.....

skitarii said:
So does anyone know how to increase the number of troop slots you can have?  I don't like it when I get the "No slot for upgrading" message.

Same problem. i havent got problem whit army numbers or morale. I command over 200 mans, but my army is really a United Nation convention so i have a huge problems whit the toops slots to upgrade troops or adding new rescued troops. I alos have all the heros and they take me a few slots. I dont want to fire any hero but i dont know what to do.
sorry my bad english

Hi mage, amazing list  :shock:

I really want to do the morale thing but my get_player_party_moral bit only has 44 lines rather than 49 and many of the numbers are slightly different. In fact when i changed it exactly like you said on page 1 i started getting a script error when i entered castles and towns saying that everywhere was idbeles and this came up

script error on opcode 2190: Invalid faction id: 69: line no: 2:
At menu menu_castle_outside item mno_castle_siege condition
At menu menu_castle_outside item mno_castle_siege condition

ANy idea what i have to do differently. I am using 1.011 and am using the sound hybrid mod?

i did everything directed to the exact dot, and now everytime i play native, and do anything that involves numbers, my screen turns off, and the game crashes  :cry:

the_hoodie said:
Ok this doesn't make sense:
24142773gz0.jpg
Having the same problem here.

Increasing the party sizes of the AI (and mine) aswell as changing morale has set the default battlesize to 510.
And so i fought with Unl. Dead Bodies and Ragdoll, and to my surprise i didnt get the usual RGL Error?
So i dont know what went wrong?

Back
Top Bottom