Marriage in Early Access

Users who are viewing this thread

I hope it is, Cause if they add perma death. You won't have any sons or daugthers. Or does that mean permadeath is also not included?

Marriage system is what makes me wanna play this game.

I hope it is, Cause if they add perma death. You won't have any sons or daugthers. Or does that mean permadeath is also not included?

Very true, if marriage isn't in the early access everything else like permanent death and dynasties also wont be in it. Lets just hope its in the early access fingers crossed.

Right now everything is rumors, but in my opinion marriage seems like a basic feature that is key in the games function, I think personally it would be in there, only thing I heard that isn't that I know 100 percent is weapon creation. We should get a blog saying what we get and don't but the early access game we get should be closed to finished with a few features missing and needing polish at least that is my impression

We should get a blog saying what we get and don't but the early access game we get should be closed to finished with a few features missing and needing polish at least that is my impression

Thats what we all wish for...
i rather expect nothing but a buggy alpha-mess and avoid disappointment.
That been said, i am fine with a basic version personally if its half way stable.
All i want to do the next time is to see how long one can survive as a small Battanian band of scoundrels.
Watching the world how it develops.

I wasn't a fan of permadeath, children and all that crap anyway, so i still hope you will be able to avoid these features in the finished game.
In my opinion things like aging, dying and play as your children may look good on paper and is fine for a game like Crusader Kings, but it takes more than it gives to M&B.
Also i think with those stuff they bit more than they could chew.
But ah well, it is like it is.

*continues to throw a 50-euro-note against the screen*

Thats what we all wish for...
i rather expect nothing but a buggy alpha-mess and avoid disappointment.
That been said, i am fine with a basic version personally if its half way stable.
All i want to do the next time is to see how long one can survive as a small Battanian band of scoundrels.
Watching the world how it develops.

I wasn't a fan of permadeath, children and all that crap anyway, so i still hope you will be able to avoid these features in the finished game.
In my opinion things like aging, dying and play as your children may look good on paper and is fine for a game like Crusader Kings, but it takes more than it gives to M&B.
Also i think with those stuff they bit more than they could chew.
But ah well, it is like it is.

*continues to throw a 50-euro-note against the screen*
Well i disagree with you. I personally think that the whole aging and dying, having sons and daughters to pass on your legacy is very cool. Its true that it makes the game more complicated but im sure it will turn out just fine. I mean even in Warband lords had sons and daughters its just that the player wasn't able to have any. So i think adding this feature to the game whether its in the early access or the full game is a great way to make the game more realistic.

Edit: Oh and also one more thing. You have the option to turn off the permanent death feature :smile:

Whole perma-death and legacy thing is not for me either. Yeah its more realistic but for an RPG game its a no-no. I want to relate to my character and play as him/her the whole time. I hope we can disable some options in-game. It would be very cool to see our son/daughter raising his/her own party and accompany us though and given to their own characters maybe they can even rebel and act on their own. That'd be cool.

Well i disagree with you. I personally think that the whole aging and dying, having sons and daughters to pass on your legacy is very cool. Its true that it makes the game more complicated but im sure it will turn out just fine. I mean even in Warband lords had sons and daughters its just that the player wasn't able to have any. So i think adding this feature to the game whether its in the early access or the full game is a great way to make the game more realistic.

Edit: Oh and also one more thing. You have the option to turn off the permanent death feature :smile:
Do you know for sure you can disable perma-death, or only death in battles? Because disabling perma-death means marriage and part of clans becomes completely useless again.

Whole perma-death and legacy thing is not for me either. Yeah its more realistic but for an RPG game its a no-no. I want to relate to my character and play as him/her the whole time. I hope we can disable some options in-game. It would be very cool to see our son/daughter raising his/her own party and accompany us though and given to their own characters maybe they can even rebel and act on their own. That'd be cool.
I am pretty sure we can disable those features. But we will see.

You can start the game with siblings, nephews and nieces and they serve as potential heirs as well. I saw this in the Devblog from 06/09/19.

You can start the game with siblings, nephews and nieces and they serve as potential heirs as well. I saw this in the Devblog from 06/09/19.
Yeah thats also an option, playing as your siblings. But having your son or daughter as a direct heir is way better don't you think?

Out of all the worries you think about wetting your little cannoli in mount and blade? Jesus, imagine if the ability to have kids, join others armies, siege catles, join factions, make your own faction, and all the other tyhings that were promised isn't in the EA. I don't know what I would do

Out of all the worries you think about wetting your little cannoli in mount and blade? Jesus, imagine if the ability to have kids, join others armies, siege catles, join factions, make your own faction, and all the other tyhings that were promised isn't in the EA. I don't know what I would do
Of course i worry about all the other features. Im just addressing this one feature in particular since i just heard rumors about it. Don't forget that marriage is a big thing in the game.

I was wondering if marriage is enabled in the early access version of the game. Ive heard rumors that its not.
it is mentioned that some features of clan management, sieges, and kingdom management would be left out at the start but nothing about being completely gone. The only features confirmed to not be in the game at all at start will be weapon creation and forming your own kingdom. According to Callum "everything you would expect from a mount and blade game will be in at launch" This means that some more advanced features that expand on what you could do in Warband might not be in at first but as a basis I'm 90% certain things like marriage, children, and some other expected features will be a thing at launch. Don't believe the rumors and misinformation people spread to try and **** on the game.

it is mentioned that some features of clan management, sieges, and kingdom management would be left out at the start but nothing about being completely gone. The only features confirmed to not be in the game at all at start will be weapon creation and forming your own kingdom. According to Callum "everything you would expect from a mount and blade game will be in at launch" This means that some more advanced features that expand on what you could do in Warband might not be in at first but as a basis I'm 90% certain things like marriage, children, and some other expected features will be a thing at launch. Don't believe the rumors and misinformation people spread to try and **** on the game.
Thank you. Lets just hope they confirm it in their upcoming blog before release date.

yes the family system and permanent death is what I am looking forward to the most aswell

Back
Top Bottom