SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Marriage and Child bearing ages

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't mind there being ages that restrict child bearing given that in real life there is generally an age where you would stop doing so, but the marriage age limit is a little dumb to me. It is a good start to fleshing out the marriage mechanic, but given that you start at 30 years old, it can be tedious or difficult depending on how you are playing to be able to actually get married and have kids. I also don't see why males would have an age restriction on producing children as men don't really have a limit on that like women do with menopause and such. It would also be an interesting idea that if you did end up marrying a woman who is above child bearing age, that you could have the option of adopting or something to then have an heir when you otherwise couldn't have one. Also, shameless plug to an earlier post of mine since on the subject of marriage. Marriageable companions and notables. Thank you.

I agree that the start age is a bit weird. Why 30? And we are a newb. Are we just living in our parents basement until the opening events occur? In this kind of time period most people would be married by 20ish.

i dont mind that it begins when you are 30, since the in game time passes really slow, but you should be able to select your age in the create a chareacter menu. i dont think it would change a lot of the story if they let us choose what age we want to start the game at. i hev maried in to different games and ive had no problem with getting my wife pregneant. but adoption sounds like a cool idea. i would really like to see that.

Maybe you could trade age for free starting focus points. Like starting at age 20 = no bonus focus points, gain 1 free focus point for every 5 years you add to your starting age.

I think they should implement an age slider in character creation, with a lower age limit of, say, 18 so no 4 year olds are riding around Calradia raiding and pillaging! Even if time passes fairly slowly in game, it’s a bit harsh on female characters for slow players like myself. In my first playthrough, I missed the window by literally *days* because I wasn’t aware of the upper age limit of 35 to get married. In my current playthrough, I rushed into marriage with a noble of the faction I wanted to join, even though I wasn’t really finished building up my skills, reputation and wealth yet. In fact, I’m still a merc for the faction, my in-game spouse is still living with his parents, and my character is desperate to get pregnant once more before she hits 35 (she’s 34) so she can at least have an heir and a spare! And speaking of which, it’d be nice if the upper age limit for getting pregnant could be 45 instead of 35, which comports more realistically with real life biology.

Heartily agreed I'd like a slider for starting age. Even better if it comes with skill/level increases. Start as a raw 18 year old 'noob' or a 30 year old vet.

Back
Top Bottom