[Marquess of Suno rules] - Boxing

Users who are viewing this thread

Here is what the thread name is based off of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquess_of_Queensberry_rules

Alright, i have decided to post a list of rules to boxing (which i am basing off what me and about three other people played last night)

Strict rules 1 vs. 1
1: You can not wear any armor, except for gloves.
2: You must stand right next to each other and do not move
3: no kicking

Casual rules 1 vs. 1 or group
1: You can not wear any armor, except for gloves
2: You can move around freely as long as you stay inside the ring (example - the ruined tower on Ruins)
3: You may kick

So those are the rules, if you have suggestions please post them!

Marin Peace Bringer said:
Strict rules 1 vs. 1
1: You can not wear any armor, except for gloves.
2: You must stand right next to each other and do not move
3: no kicking

Click the right mouse button, hold it, press t and go shopping. :razz:

With fists you do not need to block in a specific direction, you just need to block.  So if you are not the slowest person, you should be able to block quite a lot of hits. Now, if both players block when the other one hits, they might stand there fighting even after days. I imagine that standing and fighting like that would be a tad boring. So maybe forbid blocking as well? Or forbid moving right or left, but allow moving back and forth?

Also the gloves should be the same, otherwise the one with better gloves has an unfair advantage.

Maybe someone could make a duelling mod with fitting maps and troops. You could have areas for archery, melee and jousting, like in the Arena mod, additionally maybe a boxing ring for fisticuffs. If you add a duellers faction you could take care that all players have the same equipment or at least the same choices. A boxer class could have one item of gloves and no other armour or weapons as selectable equipment. That class should have lower health than other troops so that boxing matches don't take ages.

First i have not been able to tell any diferance between the gloves, and the standing still, i like the idea of not blocking, so you can only chamber block.

you can chamberblock with fists?!  the possibilities!...    what if you can chamberblock WEAPONS with your fists?! I MUST go and test this! 

First i have not been able to tell any diferance between the gloves, and the standing still, i like the idea of not blocking, so you can only chamber block.

You can quite clearly take more torso hits wearing gauntlets than you can with no gloves or leather gloves only.

Qwertyman said:
you can chamberblock with fists?!  the possibilities!...    what if you can chamberblock WEAPONS with your fists?! I MUST go and test this!

Pretty sure you can, I remember seeing it in Hunt testing.

Qwertyman said:

Yes, you can chamberblock weapons with your fists. You need to be pretty good at chamberblocking to face an axemen with your fists, though. One miss and you're most likely done. :twisted:

@Gavin: on the contrary, I think that the standing still bit would give rise to feinting in fist fighting. [not feinting where you try to get him to block wrong, but where you try to get him to lower his guard and try to hit you.]

okiN said:

You can quite clearly take more torso hits wearing gauntlets than you can with no gloves or leather gloves only.

Um that doesnt make any sense  :???:  You just said that if you wear gauntlest, that you can take more hit in the torso? i am really cunfused.

And thank you Socks, thats why me and the other guys did that, because if you can move around, people just try to get behind you, and its really just a bunch of running around all crazy!

holy ****ing horse ****!  CHAMBERBLOCKING with FISTS.  hell, im a reasonably good chamberblocker, im gonna go off and try this now :grin: :grin: :grin:

Yeah the iron fist chamber blocks bug is still in there :smile:

The most I can get out of a person is usually 2 / 3 before I mess up and take one in the face or they go ahead and do some overhead/thrust attacks. I guess you could probably uppercut a thrust, would be interesting lol.

Only Chuck Norris would be able to block weapons with his bare fists...
You are not Chuck Norris...

(awesome)

kaliffen said:
Only Chuck Norris would be able to block weapons with his bare fists...
You are not Chuck Norris...

(awesome)

I am afraid i must be chuck norris,  got in a duel server and managed to chamberblock some weapons,  I even took down a greatsword user with my fists (admitedly he was on low health from his last duel,  but still!)
also i killed Tericon who was using a sword and shield at full health with my fists, :grin: :grin:

Back
Top Bottom